WTHM 9

What Hurts The Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay. I’ll talk to you later. I have a meeting right now and I need to go. Bye, oppa”, Saemi puts her phone in her pocket before pushing the glass door of the meeting room seeing other people already sitting on their chair, waiting for the presentation to start.

“Everybody is well? I hope I’m not too late. I had something to do just now”, she settle her suitcase on the desk and starts her laptop to start the presentation.

 

 

It’s been 6 years since her and Kyuhyun’s relationship. Kyuhyun now works at his father’s company and Saemi now works at a publishing company that publish magazines and novels. She as a novel-lover is an editor and she’s really enjoy her work.

“So, what I’m about to show you is a manuscript that I read for the last three days. It’s called Trust and Hope. I really enjoy this story. It’s 80 pages and I can’t explain about it in words. You have to read it yourself. I am sure that you will love it too”, Saemi shows the manuscript that she brought along.

“And it’s from a talented young writer. I hope that you guys will enjoy them too. I have a few photocopies and they’ll be ready before the work hour end. I will make sure every each of you will get them”, Saemi flash a wide smile before ending the meeting.

 

 

She stir some ddeokbokki in the pot and she scoop some sauce with a spoon before blowing out to cool it down a bit and taste it. “Ahhh..mashta”, she exclaimed. She glance at the clock above her and it shows 7 pm.

Still waiting for her boyfriend, suddenly her phone rings. She smile seeing the caller id. “Eo..omma”, she said while still stirring the ddeokbokki.

“What are you doing?”

“Making some ddeokbokki. I miss your cooking”, she said with a cute impression.

“Kyuhyun’s coming?”

She nod her head. “Yeah..he’s coming in an hour or so. I miss you so much ,omma”, she said. Living alone and far away from her parents, in America is hard. Missing Korean food, Korean life style, she has to admit, just talking to her parents on the phone is not easy.

The reason that she’s working in America is because she studied there with Kyuhyun. But, Kyuhyun was in a different department. And after graduation, she received a lot of job offers since her professor promoted her to companies. And most company chose her.

Ding Dong

She kill the heat and cover the ddeokbokki hurrily before opening the door. “Eo..oppa”, she gives him a warm hug and the boy accept it heartfully. “Are you done cooking? Huahh…I can smell something good”, Kyuhyun said, bringing along two paper bags.

“What are those?”, Saemi asks, pushing some strands of hair out of her face. “Some more wine collection?”, Saemi said as Kyuhyun takes out a long bla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter