WHTM 25

What Hurts The Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She walks in Jongin’s bedroom because she’s not in the mood for any argument. Her handbag fell onto the wooden floor from her lifeless grip and tears still streaming down her face from the moment they started their journey home.

Following her footsteps is her husband who is in guard, looking out for the fragile wife who can collapse anytime now.

Sobbing sound is all he hears and at the end of his tongue, words of calms threaten to come out but he can’t open his mouth. He opens his mouth but no voice comes out. How much he hates himself right now.

A husband can’t even ease his own wife.

 

She sits down on the mattress and continue the sobbing while her husband leaning his left shoulder at the bedroom door, not knowing what he suppose to do now.

He never deals with things like this.

He never experienced it before.

 

He doesn’t know what she’s feeling right now.

 

His parents died when he was still a young kid, not knowing anything and all he knows is that his brother is the only possession that he has. And for now, his brother is still there for him. So, inside his mind, there’s a little room that wondering what is his wife feeling right now.

 

 

 

“Saemi…” he starts out by calling her name.

 

……

 

No answer. Sobbing sounds still clearly heard.

 

 

“Saemi…”, he calls her out again.

 

……

 

He walks towards the wife and touches her shoulder. He doesn’t know what he would do but maybe placing his palm on her shoulder would make a difference.

 

“Don’t touch me!”, she stands up, pushing Jongin’s hand away while high pitched voice comes out of .

 

She looks at Jongin and Jongin looks at her. Bloodshot eyes, like the veins are about to pop but she still letting the clear water falls down onto her cheek. Her chest moves out and in, and moving fast showing how deep she’s taking her breath.

 

It’s a new side of her that he ever seen.

She lowers her gaze, taking deep breath and sit again on the mattress. “None of these should have happen. If we didn’t get married, if we didn’t continue with the marriage, he would have still alive. He wouldn’t have dead. None of these should have happen” she cries more and more tears come out.

 

 

He smirks to what he just heard from . Somehow,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter