WHTM 13

What Hurts The Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sits in front of her father, staring at her wrapped meat, not having the urge to eat after what happened.

Her father continues eating diligently, until he realized something is wrong with her daughter. He lifts up the green glass bottle and pour the liquid in the small cup for her daughter. “Here, drink this and forget about your worries”, her father said after putting the bottle back on the table.

She turns her gaze to the cup and slowly reaches for it before drinking it.

“Kyaaaaaaaa”, she let out a sound as she feels the liquid burns . She put down the cup with strength making the table shake. She then stares back at the cooking meat.

“Appa….I need to marry someone”, she said, letting out the thing that bothers her mind for days. Her father lifts his head, looking at her daughter. “What?”, he father did not believe what he just heard. “I need to marry a handsome, rich Korean to live here. Or not I can’t stay in Korea and has to stay in US”, she said as she takes a piece of meat off the grill and put it in before chewing it.

“I’ll try to find one”, her father replied with poker face. She widened her eyes, afraid that she heard wrong. “What? You’ll find for me?”, she said.

“Don’t worry. I’m a business man. Of course I’ll find a decent guy for you”, he said, showing his no worry face to Saemi.

 

 

 

“So, do you have anything to explain now?”, his brother asks him, for the reason why he didn’t come to the meeting US the other week. Jongin shrug his shoulder.

“I got up late and I missed my flight. So, I had to buy another ticket and unfortunately the ticket is for night flight. That’s why I’m late”, Jongin takes a seat at the couch.

His brother laughs at the explaination Jongin gave. “Come on. Let’s have lunch. I’m hungry”, his brother gets off from his seat and walks out of his office, with is arms around Jongin’s neck.

 

 

“So, are you meeting anyone?”, his brother asks as he cutting the steak in front of him, glancing at his younger brother.

“No. Not really interested in relationship right now. Why? Is sister-in-law worried about  me again?”, he chuckles, remembering his brother’s wife always annoyed with Jongin’s attitude. Kiddingly, of course. She can’t really hate her cute brother-in-law.

His brother laughs. “No. But I think you need someone to take care of you. You can’t live in my house any longer since Yuri is 6 months pregnant now and you have to leave. I don’t want my son to be like you”, he said before putting another piece of steak in his mouth.

“Ouch, that hurts a lot”, Jongin cringe his face, showing his hurt insid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter