WHTM 24

What Hurts The Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sits next to Jongin in the car, while on the way to the airport. She could feel the space of her seat is narrowing since she’s trying hard to get a good distance between herself and her husband.

 

They’re riding the car of Jongin’s brother car which he sent also a driver to send the couple safely to the airport.

 

“Where are we going, anyway” the wife asks while her eyes are stuck at the view outside from the moment they stepped into the car.

 

“It’s a surprise. If I tell you, it won’t be a surprise, wouldn’t it?” Jongin chuckles. Hearing the answer that her husband just gave, she lets out a deep sigh.

 

I don’t like this.

 

“Don’t worry. It only takes ten days and we’re done. You can go back to work and I could work too. Just, spend some time with your husband. For your husband, at least. If not, for yourself. You need to take a break and I’m giving you the time to take a break. Please, just for ten days” he said with a soft tone that Saemi has to admit that if her relationship with Jongin is okay, she would have melted.

 

Unfortunately, she’s not.

 

 

After thirty minutes of journey, they arrived at the International Incheon Airport and from there, they will take a flight to the surprise place that Jongin told her about.

 

 

As the driver taking out their baggage from the trunk, Saemi’s phone keep ringing. She walks a distance from the car and picks up the call.

 

“Hello…”

 

“Where the hell are you?” she could hear Uee’s voice.

“Uee? Why are you calling me all of a sudden..?” Saemi could sense something is wrong by the sound of Uee’s voice.

 

“Why aren’t you here?” Uee almost screamed but she managed to control her voice.

 

“What are you talking about? Where?” Saemi becomes more and more confuse with what Uee is saying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun sunbae’s funeral”.

 

 

 

Slowly, the handphone falls from her grip and smashed onto the road.

 

Hearing the sound of something falling, Jongin turns to where his wife is standing. Finished with the baggage, he walks to where Saemi is and he could see that she’s staring into mid air.

 

He holds her arm and shakes it a little, to wake her up.

 

“Saemi, are you okay?” Jongin furrows his brows and when the wife turns towards him, he could see her pale face.

 

 

“Saemi, answer me. What’s wrong?” he asks her again but this time with more serious voice.

 

 

“Kyuhyun ……kyuhyun oppa……”, she mumbles a few times.

 

Then, everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She slowly opens her eyes and the first thing that greets her is the white ceiling above. She then rolls her eyes a few times and turns left and right before sitting up straight.

 

That’s when she hears the sound of a door sliding, making her turns her head to where the sound comes from.

Seeing her husband holding a phone against his ear and his eyes caught the scene of her waking up, he lowers his eyes again.

 

“Yeah, I’ll call you back” he said to the anonymous caller.

 

 

He puts his phone in his pocket and his eyes caught his wife’s again.

 

“I’m sure you would like to go to, Kyuhyun-ssi’s funeral” Jongin said, looking at her right in the eyes.

 

 

Taking a deep breath,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter