Plans for the Helpless

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Junmyeon has his phone in his hands, in case it will lights up. His damn employees are damn nosy and if he as much as leave his phone on some surface unattended, his personal life will be invaded unnecessarily. Of course he has put passwords and lock patterns but for some reason, those brats have a way of knowing what they are even though he changes them every week. Eventually, he gave up and resorted to keeping his phone with him at all times.

          “Have you grown an obsessive relationship with your cellphone, Junmyeon?” his boss, Lee Hyukjae or Eunhyuk to many, snickered at him as he put his phone back in his pants’ back pocket after checking for a message from his not-so-secret boyfriend. “Or are you waiting for your little boyfriend to text you? Ahh, young love,” the man who is turning thirty this year gushed like an old lady. Junmyeon rolled his eyes to himself and flashed a neutral smile.

          “What brings you here, hyung?”

          “Have you been to Fantasia, Junmyeon-ssi?”

          “That’s the infamous host café down a few blocks, right?”

          “Oohhh, you seem to know something; I’m impressed. How did you know where it’s located if you haven’t been there?”

          Oh . He has just made a major slip. He needs to think of something to evade Eunhyuk’s piercing glare. The guy is an idiot most of the times but he can tell through lies. “I’ve overheard some of our customers who might’ve been there,” he replied smoothly, keeping his reactions is check. He knows that he didn’t fool his boss but for some reason, his hyung didn’t press on the matter.

          “As you know, they’re number one, right? I don’t think that it’s just around here but they really have a large customer base.”

          “So what’s your point, hyung?”

          “We need to save those poor hearts from that hell hole,” Eunhyuk slammed his fist on Junmyeon’s desk and he winced at the impact.

          “I’m not sure if I’m following you…”

          “We need to beat and crush Fantasia,” he exclaimed resolutely making Junmyeon suspicious. Sweet Cuddles is doing really great even with many competitions and his boss’ plan doesn’t sit well with him because his boyfriend is actually working there at Fantasia.

          “May I know the reason why we’re doing this?”

          “Junmyeon, my dearest, smartest dongsaeng, since when do we have a reason to do humanity a favor?” Does his hyung believe that he will buy that crappy reason? He threw Eunhyuk a challenging stare and he earned a shrug in reply. Oh yes, he does.

 

          Kris has stalled enough on the task that Donghae has given him and now, he has run out of reason to buy him more time. It’s not like Fantasia should be threatened by some amateurs. Kris has been in the business for two years and according to Yixing, Sweet Cuddles has started about ten months ago. Donghae is probably exaggerating again but he really can’t say no when he threatened that his defiance will reflect on his paycheck.

          That is just unfair. I’m not his ing errand boy for him to order around! And of course he just keeps these thoughts to himself as he begrudgingly dragged his foot out of his office. Fantasia is closed today to silence greeted him when he reached the bottom of the stairs. He almost jumped when he saw a movement by his right but it was just Luhan who was slumped over the counter, looking pathetic.

          “Luhan?”

          “Yes, boss?” the other’s voice sounded scratchy.

          “We need to talk.”

          “Oh my god. Please don’t fire me, Kris! I’m really fine. See? I’m smiling,” Luhan is smiling but it’s painful to watch. “I’m okay. I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter