What Long Distance?

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Chanyeol took his phone from the nightstand; the first thing that he does every morning and the smile that pulled his lips up were too big it might come off as scary.

Fr: Baby Love~

Good morning, babe ;)

          Kris and his new found appreciation of emoticons. He had been chiding Chanyeol for using too much of them but ever since the younger has told him that the said emoticons make his message more meaningful, the now Executive Director of the Xi Group has started to sneak in at least one smiley in his text messages. It never failed to make Chanyeol’s inner fangirl squeal because he is the only one that made Kris do that. With a smug smile, he typed out a reply and swung his body off the bed to get ready for his classes.

To: Baby Love~

Good morning to you too, dashing Mr. Director ;P Please think of me for the whole day. ^_^

 

To: Park Chanyeol

CC:

Subject: WTH?

 

I swear you will really get it if you don’t get off my email!

 

Wu Yifan

Executive Director

Xi Group of Companies

 

***

To: Wu Yifan

CC:

Subject: Awww…

 

Mr. Director, I thought that we agreed to communicate using every means possible? :( Why are you being grumpy? Hmpf.

 

***

To: Park Chanyeol

CC:

Subject: Seriously

 

Yes we did but NOT on my work email, Chan! Text my phone or leave a message at Skype!

 

Wu Yifan

Executive Director

Xi Group of Companies

 

***

To: Wu Yifan

CC:

Subject: But..! :(

 

But you won’t look at your phone unless it’s about work! :( and you don’t always get on Skype! :( I’m so lonelyyyyyyyy :’’’’’’(

I just miss you…

 

***

To: Park Chanyeol

CC:

Subject: Sigh

 

Alright, babe. I’m sorry but please bear a little more. :| I’ll call you by lunch, okay? But you really have to stop it with the work email. These are being monitored.

 

Wu Yifan

Executive Director

Xi Group of Companies

 

***

To: Wu Yifan

CC:

Subject: Oh really?

 

By who? By Luhan hyung? :P I bet he and Sehun are worse than us ;)

 

***

To: Park Chanyeol

CC:

Subject: Sigh…

 

No Chan. I mean our IT people. Who. Knows. That. I. Am. Married. To. Their. CEO

 

Wu Yifan

Executive Director

Xi Group of Companies

 

***

To: Wu Yifan

CC:

Subject: Oh…

 

 

***

To: Park Chanyeol

CC:

Subject: Now You Know

 

Yes. So be a good boy while I ask for access in our server to delete this conversation. I love you, though. <3

 

Wu Yifan

Executive Director

Xi Group of Companies

 

***

 

          Kris had to immediately ask for the IT head and requested for access of their mail server. The man was looking puzzled at the request but he gave it without any protest. After thanking him, Kris immediately looked through his emails and deleted the ones that were from Chanyeol. It has just been a few months since he has gotten his new position on the Board and he and Luhan are still seeking for approval from those old people who seem to gawk at them at any given opportunity.

 

          Seeing that his mission was already accomplished, he tried to see if what Chanyeol has suggested actually exists. To his not-so-surprise, he did see email exchange history between Luhan and Sehun. He sighed. Maybe this is where Chanyeol has gotten the idea of emailing him using his work email address. He opted to call Luhan to check on him. He knows that the elder is much busier than he was but he was glad when he was answered immediately.

 

          “How are you, Lu?”

          “I’m fine, Kris. Just a little tired.”

          “I just called to check if you want your emails… handled?”

          “What do you mean, Kris?”

          “I mean your emails with Sehun. They’re recorded in the server.”

          “! Really? !”  Kris could almost see the elder pulling his hair in frustration so he also cleared that chunk of email history from Luhan’s account.

          “Don’t worry. All taken care of,” he chuckled a little when Luhan let out a very audible sigh on the other end.

          “Oh, god. Thank you very much, Kris. I… I almost messed up,” the dejected tone in the elder’s voice sent a stab on Kris’ chest. He knows how hard Luhan has been working because he has his father breathing down his neck because of sneakily marrying to another man and because he is waiting for Luhan to screw up. That means that they are both screwed up.

          That can’t happen when they have already gone this far.

          “It’s okay. Just a few more months before we could go back,” Kris reminded Luhan. They have already planned to go back for Sehun’s graduation though Luhan has told the board that they are going there to reinforce their presence in Korea with the help of the Oh Corporation. That is hitting two birds in one stone.

          “I just miss him, Kris. I miss him terribly.”

          “Ditto.”

 

          “Are you busy?” Kris worried because whenever he calls, Chanyeol always picks up on the first or second ring. This time though, it took him three calls before the younger picked up.

          “No, no. I actually want to Skype with you. Are you home?”

          “Oh, yeah sure. I’ll just get my laptop.”

          “Great! See you, handsome!”

          Kris hurried and set up his laptop, logged in and called Chanyeol. He was buzzing with excitement because it has been a week since they saw each other over video call. He knows that the younger had been busy lately with his studies and the performances at the Cuddles. And so was he, with all of the contracts that are waiting for his review, the financial reports that he has to go through and of course, being the support system of Luhan who was also his.

          The screen lit up and there on the screen is a grinning Chanyeol with his background too dark. How Kris misses that toothy grin that looked more energizing up close. He smiled at this and they were both looking at each other like idiots.

          “I missed you,” they both said at the same time and they were laughing at each other.

          “Are you about to sleep, babe?” Kris asked as he noted the dark background once again.

          “Huh?”

          “Your lights are off,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter