Wanting Over Needing

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Kris is cringing at the sight before him. He’s known Donghae for a few years already but he hasn’t gotten a clue on what he does before they met. The old gramps had been pretty much secretive with his past even though Kris has told him everything about his past and his reason of running away from his father. That is why he’s truly shocked to know that Donghae, the old gramps, got the moves. This is part of his brilliant plan to one up Cuddles; by having Yixing play the piano, making Jongdae and Luhan sing while Minseok and Tao will be dancing to the song. He barely escaped that plan and he just used the excuse that he is as stiff as a stick and his voice sounds scary that Donghae has even shooed him so that he can’t ‘infect and corrupt the muses of the arts’.

          With that he ended up in his office and sat back to his share and looked over at the inventory that Yixing has made. He took note of the items that needed to be restocked and the quantity. He has immersed himself with the play of numbers that he haven’t heard his phone ring until it’s fourth. Too focused to look at the caller ID, he just answered it and clipped his phone between his jawline and shoulder.

          “I really have to thank you son. You just made things easier,” Kris’ pen dropped on his table with a soft ping and he took his phone to check who his caller is. Of course it is an unregistered number and he knows better that to answer a call from an unregistered number because this is what he gets; his father trying to be helpful to him.

          “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m busy,” he was about to hang up but the man’s laugh from the other line made him pissed. So his father is finding him amusing now?

          “I didn’t know how you stumbled with the young Xi but I’m really glad you did. And I take it your also friends now? That would’ve been very good for business since his father is a good friend of mine too but it’s too bad that you both ended up as faggots…” he’s heard enough so he ended the call and called another person who can make his mood light by just talking over the phone.

          “Wow, are you seriously calling me or did you just accidentally pressed my speed dial on your phone, Mr.Grumpy?” and just like that, Kris’ day brightened significantly, the stupid phone call already forgotten. “Okay, spill it. What’s the problem, Kris?”

          “Nothing. I just want to hear your voice.”

          “Shut up. I’m the one who should be doing the teasing and you should be the one blushing like a girl,” Kris chuckled because he can see in his mind how cute Chanyeol is when he’s blushing especially when he tried hard to deny it. “But I AM NOT BLUSHING! STOP LAUGHING AT ME, YOU GRAMPS!”

          “Are you even allowed to yell at class, Park Chanyeol?” the younger scoffed.

          “If you had just taken time to memorize my schedule, you would know that I’m actually on break so I can yell all I want.”

          “Okay, keep it down now.”

          “Huh. If the peasants here weren’t looking at me funny already, I would’ve yelled more because you’re being stupid again.”

          “So I’m being stupid for wanting to hear your voice?”

          “Ugh! Kris, stop it. I’ll talk to you later when I get to the condo. Have you moved in everything?”

          “Yeah.”

          “Okay, good. Now get your ready for tomorrow night dinner with my parents because they want to meet the person who I’m giving to many security details,” Kris gulped at this. As much as he wanted to stall this, Chanyeol has won again. How is he supposed to face his boyfriend’s parents? “And please, they’ll love you, baby. I just have to make sure that my mother will be able to control herself around you. We have similar taste, you know?” Chanyeol snickered.

          “What am I gonna wear?” all of Kris’ nerves are starting to act against him.

          “We can talk about that later. You get your working. You’re a manager for ’s sake, Yifan. Stop calling your awesome boyfriend and work for a living!”

          “Fine. Bye, Chan. I love you.”

          “Yeesh. Stop making me blush already. I love you too. I’m hanging up.”

          “No wonder you’re not answering the door, hyung,” Tao spoke up as Kris put his phone down. Kris laughed awkwardly and sat up straight. Tao let himself in.

          “Do you need something, Tao?”

          “I’ll just use your couch here for a bit, hyung. All of my joints are aching like a ,” Tao plopped down on Kris’ longest couch and sighed contentedly. “I’m so tired.”

          “I’m sorry, Tao but I guess you just have to endure a little more,” Kris stood up to pat their maknae’s hair.

          “Why can’t those two just talk it out like men and resolve it quietly? Donghae hyungnim is even sacrificing our secrecy just to compete with Cuddles. Isn’t that risky for us, hyung?” Tao laid his right arm on his eyes as his left leg dangled from the couch and his heel hit the carpet on the floor. Kris has already thought of that but he’s still trying to find a good opportunity to bring it up to Donghae. He can see that his boss is pretty much negotiable so he just needs to find a way to get the Cuddles’ owner to agree to meet.

          “You don’t have to worry about that, Tao. Is all the practicing affecting your school?”

          “Not really. I just hate the tension, hyung.”

          “Maybe you should get yourself a girlfriend already, Taozi,” Kris messed his hair and laughed fondly. Tao rolled his eyes.

          “What does that have to do with anything?”

          “You should get a life outside Fantasia and school, too, Tao. I haven’t even heard you ask for a day off just so you can spend your time with your friends.”

          “I don’t have too many friends, hyung and I prefer sleeping when I have free time. Besides, I don’t have a girl I like to begin with.” Tao pressed himself on the soft couch willing the cushion to take him in and have a nice nap.

          “Oh, how silly of me. Of course you don’t have a girl you like. You like one of Chanyeol’s bestfriends. The singing kid,” Kris snickered when Tao shot up from the couch and glared at him. Tao looks scary like that but the pink on his cheeks has given him away.

          “I don’t know what you’re talking about, hyung.”

          “Do I need to remind you? The petite boyish one? The one who opened the door to Chanyeol’s apartment the other day? I saw you looking at him, Taozi. I know that look…”

          “No you don’t, hyung! Ugh! That idiot bacon knows nothing but to sass his and I’m going nowhere near his eyeliners! He’s a diva who knows nothing but look good even though he’s just in his sleepwear!” the younger huffed out irritated and he slammed the door to Kris’ office as he got out. Laughing, Kris took out his phone and asked Chanyeol for his bestfriend’s number.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter