Stories of the Past

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          To say that Junmyeon is tired is an understatement. As much as he loves his work at Cuddles, he wasn’t use to the fatigue that he has been experiencing for a few weeks already. It doesn’t help that Eunhyuk is breathing down on his neck for the past days too. He was told to open Sweet Cuddles now from Monday to Friday and every second and last Saturday of the month where they schedule their themed days when it was everyday as per their last operations. It means that Junmyeon had to open the café by 10am and close by 7pm for 5 or 6 days a week, he needs to check the stocks everyday and order in larger quantities, make a sales report everyday, wake up earlier than the usual and go home later than usual and make a schedule for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s performances.

          That takes a lot of his time and creativity because Fantasia has set-up their own show that has been the talk of the town. He could only roll his eyes and sigh in resign when Eunhyuk scolded him about that. Like it was his fault that Fantasia thought of something like that. He snapped at his boss though when he brought up Yixing in their conversation.

          He did apologize for losing it to his boss but he has to do something about him staying in Cuddles everyday helping at the minimal and most of his time is spent on brooding and watching their singers practice. Junmyeon has even suggested that they should just add some dances on the songs too, just like how Fantasia does it because they have Jongin and Sehun who are both part of their school’s dance club but Eunhyuk turned down that idea because ‘that will be like insulting my principle of preserving the inner prudence of every woman in the world’.

          Junmyeon needs to act fast so he did the first thing that came to him and that is to ask for help on the one person who he knows that his boss would listen to.

          “How have you been Junmyeon-ssi?” Ryeowook greeted the younger as he took a seat inside Junmyeon’s office.

          “I’m just a little tired lately, hyung,” he smiled a little. “Thank you for coming here on such a short notice.”

          “No, I should thank you because if you hadn’t called me over here, my baby cousin wouldn’t have let me know that he already has a boyfriend,” Ryeowook cringed a little and Junmyeon nodded in understanding. He might’ve seen his cousin in a compromising situation. It has been a regular occurrence that’s why he has gotten used to it after a few days of shock. He has known that there is something going on between Kyungsoo and Jongin but he wasn’t expecting them to be kissing everytime they see each other after their cold war. It was all so sudden but there’s nothing he could do to that.

          “Uhmm, actually, I need your help, hyung.”

          “Oh? On what?”

          “Eunhyuk hyung.”

          “That little . Is that why you’re all looking tired around here? Cuddles used to be a very bright place it feels a little tense,” the elder mused. “What happened?”

          “There is this other host café around here…”

          “I know that. Fantasia, right?” Junmyeon nodded. “The owner is also a friend of mine and he’s Hyuk’s… well, boyfriend before. I’m not sure now, though,” he crossed his legs as he took a bite on the cupcake that his cousin gave him before he came to the office.

          “That’s where everything got messy. A few weeks back, they met there outside and they were fighting…”

          “So you want me to talk some sense into Eunhyuk, right?”

          “Can you please do that, hyung?” Cuddles’ manager looked expectant to the elder but his face fell when Ryeowook shook his head dejectedly.

          “We have tried to do that for years, Junmyeon, after we found him after he disappeared all of a sudden, he has never listened to us with things relating to Donghae,” Ryeowook explained but he saw the look on the younger’s expression, he quipped, “But I can talk to Donghae. He’s more reasonable.”

          Junmyeon brightened, “Really, hyung? Thank you!” he took the elder’s hand and shook it. “But,” he paused, “Do you know what happened to them? Eunhyuk hyung looked like he’s ready to murder Fantasia’s owner that day.”

          “I’m not sure too. I’ve heard Donghae’s side of the story and because Eunhyuk is being a jerk, we never got to know his side. You see, those two have been boyfriends ever since we were in high school and they have this weird contest, at least that was what it looked like to Eunhyuk, which has been going on between them and they like to one up each other with surprises. It started on Donghae’s proposal and as you know your boss, he doesn’t like losing so on their first monthsary, he was the one who surprised his boyfriend.”

          “Donghae does his surprises because he wants to while Eunhyuk does his because he wants to prove to Donghae that he’s the one who loves the other more,” Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “Eunhyuk is crazy and stupid like that. Donghae has reassured him from time to time that they love the other as much as the other does so there is no need for Eunhyuk to go such lengths but Hyuk is a stubborn jerk. And it happened during their sixth year anniversary, five years ago. Donghae was excited for the surprise that he was planning because he was going to propose then but two days before th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter