Fall Out

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          After a confirming nod from Kris, Chanyeol left his boyfriend on the couch and he followed Kyungsoo who has lifelessly trudged inside his room. Now that he thought of it, his smaller bestfriend had been quieter the past days, considering the fact that Kyungsoo was very excited about singing on Cuddles. The practices were okay because technically, Kyungsoo was as flawless as ever. He may not be as refined as Baekhyun’s trained vocals but his honey voice has always been music to anybody who hears him sing.

          If Chanyeol has just paid more attention to his bestfriend, he should’ve noticed the lack of emotion when Kyungsoo sang. The soul that is in the other’s voice was very little to almost none. Did Baekhyun notice this, too? Why didn’t he say anything to Chanyeol? He shook his head as he reached the door to Kyungsoo’s room. There is nobody to blame here but himself. He has lost track of Kyungsoo because he has been pretty much preoccupied with Kris and because of that, Kim ing Jongin was able to get into Kyungsoo’s perfect world and ruined it.

          He wanted to give Kyungsoo that told-you-so look when he found the other curled on his bed without making any effort to prepare for his performance in about an hour but he held it back as he saw tears streaming from Kyungsoo’s beautiful eyes. Chanyeol chokes back a sob when he saw Kyungsoo’s little fists trying to wipe the endless stream of his tears from his face but he’s not making any progress. He hasn’t seen the other like this ever, not even when Kyungsoo has made Chanyeol eat cupcakes for which he has put salt instead of sugar. Kyungsoo takes pride with his food and doing something to it up is something that he hates.

          “Kyung?” the taller sat on the edge of the other’s bed, testing on how he should approach Kyungsoo who flinched at being called.

          “What do you want, Yeol? Where’s your boyfriend who I never got to meet?” Kyungsoo chuckled darkly and the pain was subtly masked with the bitterness about his bestfriend keeping something from him, like having a boyfriend.

          “Okay, I’ll say sorry about that first,” Chanyeol now swung his legs up the bed and pushed himself towards the big lump on that is his bestfriend. He heaved a relieved breath when the younger had kept his place meaning that he will be willing to listen. “I’m a bad bestfriend, I know that. I have kept something important to you and not only that,” he paused to gauge Kyungsoo’s reaction from the words he said so far. When he received no punches or any violent reaction, he continued, “I let you cry while you are under my watch.”

          “That’s ing stupid, you idiot,” Kyungsoo sneered as he turned to face Chanyeol who was trying to keep a straight face because for some reason that Kyungsoo can’t understand, his giant elf of a bestfriend finds it amusing when Kyungsoo curses. “I’m not your kid to look after. I’m an adult.”

          “But I’ve always been taking care of you, Kyung. It’s a hard habit to break,” Chanyeol shrugged and he stood on his knees and hooked his arms on Kyungsoo’s armpits to lift the smaller and rest his back against Chanyeol’s chest. This has been their usual cuddling position (with Baekhyun usually perched on Kyungsoo) and they only do this when the one of them needs to be comforted. This is what Kyungsoo needs. “I’ll hear your story first and then after, I’ll gush to you all about Kris, okay?”

          There appeared a small smile on the younger’s lips and he nodded in response to the question that he was asked. He cleared his throat and hopefully Kyungsoo will not breakdown as he narrates the story about Jongin.

 

          “YOU KNOW WHAT I KNOW? JONGIN IS A HEARTBREAKER AND HE’S TARGETTING OUR BESTFRIEND AND KYUNGSOO WILL END UP HURT ONCE JONGIN IS DONE WITH HIM!” Kyungsoo slumped on his bed and he kept his eyes shut. The words that he heard from Chanyeol were just too much for him to think about. It actually explains Chanyeol’s stinky eye at work whenever Jongin is around Kyungsoo. His bestfriend couldn’t have lied anything about it, right?

          But Kyungsoo couldn’t just find it in him to believe that. After all, Jongin has treated him nicely and helped him with his new recipes; his opinions are very much appreciated. He doesn’t deserve the hostility that comes from Chanyeol. He chuckled at the thought of Jongin hurting him in any way. Jongin is a just a six year-old trapped inside a senior high school. Heartbreaker? Is Chanyeol talking about the same Jongin who has brought him home a little while go? Jongin is a sweet kid despite his snarky comments and y smile. Kyungsoo blushed as he remembered their li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter