Haunting Pasts

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Are you sure that you are doing this, Yeol?” Kyungsoo is patting Chanyeol’s back as his taller bestfriend and the shorter one were getting ready to leave Cuddles. It has been a long and tiring day and it has been exhausting, both emotionally and physically. Chanyeol looked at him with uncertain eyes but he was nodding to Kyungsoo’s question.

          “I think it’s for the best, Soo. He needs to confront that god of a boyfriend of his so that things will clear up,” Baekhyun butted in and he earned a smack at the back of his head because Kyungsoo saw his dreamy eyes as he described Chanyeol’s boyfriend. Baekhyun and his for tall people. Chanyeol also shot Baekhyun a glare and the latter raised his hands in surrender and he gave the former a sideways hug. “You know that I love you, Channie. I just don’t want you to get hurt or anything. You look ugly when you cry.”

          “Thanks for such encouraging words, Baek,” Chanyeol scoffed. “I’d better go ahead. Keep the gate open, will you?” he requested as he’s not sure of what the outcome would be from his planned talk with Kris. He’s being optimistic but just in case he needs to go back to their apartment, he could get in and avoid sleeping at the sidewalk.

          As Chanyeol bade goodbye to them, Baekhyun hooked his arm to Kyungsoo’s as they also made their way out of the café. Sehun has left even before Chanyeol did and he told his hyungs to not wait for him. He’s probably crashing with his pretty boyfriend, Luhan. They slung their bags on their shoulders and Kyungsoo made stops on the windows to check if they are closed. Once he has double checked, he pulled Baekhyun out to the streets only to stop when he saw that Jongin was standing by the lamp post by the entrance.

          “Uhm, I can go ahead, Soo…” Baekhyun started but Kyungsoo held him back and turned them away from Jongin and towards the direction of their apartment. The former stayed quiet after that that’s why he heard the footsteps that were following them. It was creepy as hell even if he knew that it was only Jongin but he’s terrified to bring it up especially when Kyungsoo is just a tiny push away from transforming to the little devil that is his alter ego.

          They rounded the corner where their apartment is just three houses down and in a blink, Baekhyun was standing alone because Kyungsoo let go of him to run towards their gate where a person was standing. He had to blink in fast successions to make sure that his eyes are not tricking him because one, Kyungsoo is being taken up in a twirl and he’s giggling light heartedly. Two, when he was let down, the person, a guy, smooched his bestfriend right there and lastly, he honestly thought that the guy was Jongin. He had to turn around to make sure that Jongin was still behind him and he is. He’s just wearing an expression that makes Baekhyun want to apologize for all the evil things in the world. It didn’t surprise him anymore when the younger turned and walked away though he wanted to stop him and maybe offer some comforting words?

          “Baek!” Kyungsoo called him over and with one more look towards the direction where Jongin walked, he approached the now smiling Kyungsoo. He turned to the other guy once again and his similarity to Jongin is just too much, they could pass as twins. This guy just has a fairer complexion compared to Jongin.

          “Is there something on my face?” the guy asked with a smile. Embarrassed that he was caught staring, Baekhyun shook his head and blurted out a question that made him kick himself in his head.

          “Are you Jongin’s twin?”

          “Who’s Jongin?” the guy asked Baekhyun at the same time that Kyungsoo said, “HE IS NOT, BYUN BAEKHYUN. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?”

          “Oh, ahh, nevermind me. I guess I’m just tired and I’m saying nonsense,” he chuckled half-heartedly and he proceeded to open the gate and let himself in. His ears can’t help but tune in on the conversation that is happening behind him.

          “Why the hell are you here, Taemin?” Kyungsoo asked.

          “I told you that I will be looking for you, right? So here I am,” Taemin replied and Baekhyun almost tripped because he wasn’t paying attention to his steps. He recovered his balance and still kept his hearing sharp.

          “I should really be mad at you because you still left and you didn’t come to my graduation from cooking school.”

          “I’m really, really sorry about that, babe but I already sent you hundreds of apology, right? Besides, you said that you’ve forgiven me already.”

          “I only said that so you can stop with flooding my phone but I didn’t mean that you stop sending messages at all, Tae.”

          “I’ve just been super busy, babe and I lost my phone! You know that I’m bad with numbers and I haven’t gotten yours memorized. I didn’t want to write it down because somebody might see and call you…”

          “You can shut up now. You still talk like there’s no tomorrow,” Kyungsoo snickered.

          “Some things just don’t change that easily, Kyungsoo. Same goes for my feelings.”

          Baekhyun had to pause in the middle of the living room. How did he get in the apartment and flip the lights on, he’s not sure. How much did he really miss when he left? He knew that Kyungsoo went to a culinary school and Chanyeol entered college when he left to train. It has just been, what, three years? He may be and idiot at times but it doesn’t take much to see that there has been something going on with Kyungsoo and Jongin. They’re even fighting for some reason and then there is this? It seems like Kyungsoo has singular taste.

          “Taemin…”  

          “Have you, perhaps, moved on?” Baekhyun had to remind himself to move because his eavesdropping will become obvious if he will stay there. He made way to his room when he heard Kyungsoo’s reply.

          “I guess not.”

          Well, , he thought.

 

          Sehun reached Luhan’s condo even before the owner does. He even took detours to make it look like that he’s not in the building to visit his boyfriend and he avoided the CCTV near Luhan’s room as he slipped into the room. He has already done this plenty of times because Luhan is still adamant to keep their reunion a secret. Sehun respects Luhan’s decision and besides, this is the onl way so he could be with him. He’ll go all James Bond if necessary. He just doesn’t want to lose Luhan again.

          The talk at work earlier has gotten him stressed because he knew that Luhan works at Fantasia and the owner telling them to cut all ties with the people from Fantasia isn’t really an option to Sehun. He has just gotten Luhan back and he will not lose him over some overdue lovers’ quarrel. He se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter