Drastic and Desperate Solutions

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this is kinda double update? So if you haven't read the previous chap then please do because you might want to kill me if you get confused or anything. Mehehehe. Enjoy!~ Ohranghae~

          The moment he passed the third street, Kris knows that he is being followed. He tried to brush it off just like he always did because he knows that they were just his father’s men. It’s too bad that Chanyeol’s security aid were just for their houses and their workplace. Once Kris is on the road, it’s a fair fame. What caught his attention though is that it’s not the usual car that has been tailing him. In fact, Kris is looking at the car that his father has sent for his last birthday that he has vehemently declined. He thought it was sold off to someone else but apparently, it was passed on to one of his father’s puppets. He snorted. What an expensive way of tailing someone.

          Ever since that the security has tightened, Kris would eventually lose his stalkers one block from Cuddles but right now, he’s still being followed, even after a few detours. It must be a pretty important matter then. He parked the car in a secluded area where he could still get a view of Cuddles and see if Chanyeol is already getting out. It wasn’t a minute later that he heard car doors opening and closing. Footsteps followed and halted a few feet from Kris as he leaned on the hood of his Camry. He waited for them to speak up and it’s good that those people took the hint.

          “Young master,” a voice that made Kris nostalgic made him whip his head towards the men who were with him. He couldn’t believe his eyes because he’s seeing his father’s right hand, Ming, after almost a decade when he ran away from home. He won’t be surprised if it was Ming who orders the people around to follow him but he never comes with their men. He’s always with his father and it’s puzzling. Marcus Wu, owner of Wu Holdings, Inc. is a cold hearted businessman and a mafia leader under the mask while Ming (as all Kris knew how to call the man) is always radiating this warm aura and he’s a responsible person so could he be hanging out with his father?

          “This is new. Have you got nothing else better to do, Ming?” he spat but the man wasn’t even fazed. His usual bright demeanor is now darkened. Maybe the influence of his father’s leadership.

          “Young master, we need you to come back, please.”

          “Ming, I thought I made it clear…”

          “”Young master, your father is dying.”

          Kris’ retort got stuck in his throat but he refuse to show any weakness, even if this is Ming he’s talking to but he managed to breathe out an indifferent, “Am I supposed to care?” Painful memories from years ago came back to Kris and it’s not really pretty. Maybe he should re think his opinion of Ming at the moment.

          “Yifan, your father wants to see you, even for one last time. Please come home and do your duty as his son. You’ve been let on your own for a long time already.”

          “Wow, I didn’t know you were a jerk too, Ming, but I guess my father has his ways to corrupt things, doesn’t he?”

          “You have your duties and responsibilities as the next in line CEO of Wu Holdings, Yifan.”

          “And now he decides that he could just pluck me out and throw me into all of your illegal activities? Please. Spare me. I don’t need his money, even.” Kris was planning on getting away already. He has given them enough time and as usual, all they give him are bull and nonsense. He doesn’t need this. If his father if truly is dying, then he feels sorry but he can’t find it in his heart to feel any remorse for the man who he was supposed to look up to.

          “Young master, please. Heed your father’s request,” Ming’s stern expression came back to the one that Kris was used to seeing. “He wants to apologize to you personally and for being a bad father for delaying that until now.”

          “Tell him I don’t really mind,” Kris held firm on his decision. “He lost his son the moment that he decided that he didn’t accept me.”

          “Will you be listening if I tell you that this also has something to do with the son of the Xi Group?” Kris tensed at this and he pushed himself off of his car.

          “What do you mean by that?”

          “Once you father dies and there will be no heir to the Wu Holdings, we will lose our footing in the Xi Group and it will be a big loss for them so their CEO has thought of a contingency plan. He’s going to marry off his son to the daughter of the Song Group.”

          “Why does Luhan need to get dragged into this?” Kris asked incredulously.

          “The CEO of Xi Group is also not getting any younger, Yifan. And besides, the son has expressed his desire to lead his father’s company when it is the right time.”

          “But why marry him off? Luhan can do good without marriage!” Kris couldn’t help himself. He heard of Luhan’s story and he knew how his small hyung loves Sehun very much but it’ll be a difficult task to choose between him and his father’s company.

          “Yifan, you know how these things work…”

          “So I’m going to be marrying off some stranger if I’m going to choose my father’s company?” Kris scoffed and just one look at Ming and he got the answer that he wants. This is so ed up.

          “Yifan, please. I am telling you this for you to consider. I know that you and the son of the Xi Group are close friends and I know of the circumstances that you are both in right now…”

          “Like us loving guys too?” Kris sneered. Ming looked saddened but he smiled a little and continued.

          “…and you won’t be solving anything if you are just sitting here and waiting for nothing.”

          Kris took the hint and called Luhan right away. He put his phone down and tore a piece of paper from one of the notebooks in his car and wrote to Chanyeol right away. He gave it to Ming who nodded and gave him the keys to his birthday car. Maybe it is time to fight back.

 

          “!” Kris cursed at his laptop screen. This wasn’t supposed to happen! They’ve been keeping things low as he and Luhan were doing things on their own at the sidelines but them somebody stupid (probably Luhan’s father) has announced to the press that his son, together with the mysterious son of the Wu Holdings, are going to be married to the two daughters of the Song Group. Now that it is in the internet, it’s only a matter of time for the news to spread across the world and that would mean that it would reach home. He checked the time that the article was posted and it had been last night. It had been on for hours. He can feel his headache coming already. His mind went to Sehun and then to his own boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter