Story of Trusts

Fantasia vs Cuddles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Luhan left Cuddles as soon as he made sure that Sehun will be alright after the commotion outside of the café. He saw Kris and Fantasia’s owner, Donghae, making their way somewhere. He wondered why his boss’ boss was there and it looked like he was fighting with the owner of Cuddles. He knew of the rivalry that was going on in between the cafés because it was the reason that he had to dress up like a girl to spy with Kris but he didn’t know that the competition was a little too personal. What is he missing here?

          “Oi, Lu!” Luhan turned at the sound of his name being called. He wouldn’t have turned if he didn’t recognize the voice but he knew that it was Jongdae so he smiled at his workmate who wasn’t alone because he was with Minseok who returned his smile, puffing his cute cheeks out.

          “What’s up? Are you two out on a date?” Luhan teased and it was lovely to see the usually quiet and reserved barista of Fantasia blushing furiously as he tugged his hand that was clasped in Jongdae’s. Jongdae, on the other hand, was just chuckling at his flustered boyfriend. They never needed to announce their relationship to everybody in Fantasia because even though they’re not the touchy-feely type of couple, one look at the two of them and their feelings for each other are painfully obvious.

          “We were about to, actually but we received a text from Kris calling for an emergency meeting,” Jongdae answered and Luhan looked confused. “Wait, didn’t you check your phone?”

          Luhan fumbled for his neglected phone and he let out a sigh when he patted it on his back pocket. He took it out and he saw three missed calls, two from Kris and one from Sehun, as well as ten missed calls, four from Kris, five from Sehun (he rolled his eyes at this) and one from a number that he has been dreading to see. He didn’t open that odd-one-out message and he opened Kris’ thread first. He did send a text and even though he can only read it, Kris annoyance showed on his messages. He opened Sehun’s thread next as he and the boyfriends continued walking towards the direction of Fantasia and typed a quick reply and reporting as to where he is heading in case that Sehun welcomes himself again into Luhan’s home. Luckily, they are just a block away when Luhan’s phone rang and it’s Kris.

          “Where are you, Luhan?” Kris’ irritated voice came from the other line.

          “Calm down, Kris. I’m with XiuChen and we’re rounding the corner already,” Luhan winked cheekily at the couple who smiled a little at the nickname that Tao has christened them with, mixing their aliases for the couple name.

          “Just get here already,” Kris sighed. “By the way, how are things at Cuddles?” his voice dropped to a whisper because he knows how much of a snoop Donghae could be when he’s acting like a rebelling teenager.

          “Yeah, yeah. You can greet us by the door if you want to and I think everyone is still in one piece. I’m really curious as to what happened there though,” Luhan scratched his head. “Anyway, we’ll be there in less than five. Bye, Kris,” he ended the call as the building where Fantasia is hidden came into view. He walked in silence with his two companions who are now hand in hand again. When they reached Fantasia, it was Jongdae who opened the door. Yixing and Tao looked up to them and waved them in. Kris is also there glaring at Donghae who is deeply frowning that it might be his permanent expression from now on.

          “Okay, old man. We’re all here so put your case on the table already,” Kris stood up and paced impatiently as the three newcomers settled down on the couches.

          “Lee Hyukjae will do everything to put Fantasia down,” Donghae grumbled as his frown went deeper, if it was even possible.

          “Lee Hyukjae? Is he also Lee Eunhyuk, the owner of Sweet Cuddles who you were fighting with?” Kris stopped his pacing and looked straight onto his hyung.

          “Huh, he is. The one and only,” Donghae scoffed and rolled his eyes.

          “Uhh,” Yixing started but not sure how to proceed. Junmyeon texted him earlier about what has happened and he regretted not being able to wake up early enough to get to Cuddles on his boyfriend’s invitation because he shouldn’t have missed what has happened. “Why is he trying to get rid of us? I mean, we’re both host cafés but we’re catering to a different theme from them. We’re not exactly competition,” he spied Minseok slowly nodding in agreement to what he said.

          “This is something really personal,” Donghae replied and Luhan high fived himself in his head as he guessed right about the whole problem being personal. When Kris heard this, he was able to put two and two together and a frown of worry crinkled his handsome forehead.

          “Is he somebody who holds a grudge against you? Hell, how did that even happen when you’re all hiding from the world in that condo of yours?” he knows that even though Donghae is being an most of the time, he’s actually pretty decent when he needs to go out and meet people, especially when he’s at social gathering s with businessmen like him and the few people who considers him as a friend still.

          “Since you’ll all be involved in this because I’m not letting Hyukjae win this over my dead body, I’ll tell you everything,” Fantasia’s owner rounded the counter and took a glass and a whiskey, pou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter