It's Lu, Definitely Lu

Professor Oh and I

A/N: 

(I really don't mean to sound cranky or mean!!! Author-nim is just a little frustrated ㅠㅠ) 
 
Before anyone else 'corrects' me on Luhan's surname is, I am going to tell you all, it doesn't matter. I was informed it was Lu, some say it's Xi, but I looked it up and everyone says it is not Xi. I'm pretty sure Xi is a first name anyways because my friend's name is Wu Xi, Xi being the first name. I understand everyone just wants it to be correct, so thank you, but it's a fictional story and I could have even made up a name for him but chose not to. I have no way of knowing 100% since everyone is telling me differently, so it's going to be 'Lu'. And if Lu is in correct, then it'll be made up, and still be Lu. I appreciate the readers who want me to get it right, but it's not necessary to keep correcting me after I've changed it already. I don't mean to sound grumpy and I honestly am pretty embarrassed, since it may be wrong, but I just have no way of fully knowing.
Thank you. 
 
Professor Oh POV: 
"You want what?" I sat in Luhan's father's office, staring him down. 
Mr. Lu owned a small but seemingly successful business- a small shop on the corner of the street. He seemed to have no memory of what happened the previous night, not recognizing me, and it infuriated me. 
"I want custody of your son."
"I'm not giving a total stranger custody of my son." 
"You and I are strangers, but Luhan and I are not. If you chose not to give me custody, he will be taken by a social worker, and placed in a home until he's of age."
"Why are you doing this to me?" I stood up, angry that he was asking me to take pity on him- a child abuser. 
"You have done this to yourself. Sign the paper." 
"Sit down, there's no need to get anxious." Siting back down, I watched Luhan's scruffy father look over the paper work. 
"What makes you think he'd be better with you then in a foster home?" 
"He's been my student for three years and-" 
"You're his teacher?" 
"Yes. I've known him for three years." 
"I don't give a how long you think you've known him. You don't really know him."
"Of course I do." 
"So you know his favorite foods, his allergies and birthday?" 
"No." I actually did not, he had a point, but I was still better for Luhan.
"Then you don't really know him." I swallowed hard and drove imaginary screws into his head.
"And let me tell you something," 
Mr. Han leaned in over the desk and stared at my face, 
"I don't like you." Holding in my laughter, I scoffed,
"The feeling is mutual." My jaw clenched and my body became tense, trying so hard not to lose it. The last thing I wanted was to make Luhan live in a foster home. He needed someone to be there for him and I was currently the only one he had. Mr. Lu reached to the side of his neck ad rubbed it, looking me in the eye, 
"Say, you wouldn't happen to know why I woke up on the floor with a bruise on my neck, would you?" 
"I have no idea, sorry." 
"Interesting." He didn't buy it,
"Even if I said no, he'd go to the foster home and then from there you would try to get custody of him, right?" 
"Yes." 
"Well fine. May as well sign the damn kid over to you now then and save us both some stress." I watched as his father carelessly signed his son over to me and it made me sick. 
"You must be wondering how can a father give his child away, right?" He handed me the papers and sat back in his chair. Tucking them into my bags, I stood up, not wanting to speak to him any longer. 
"It's not easy. Maybe we don't have a good relationship, but he is still my son and I still love him." Bull. 
Ring!
I pulled out my cell phone, 
 
'Hello?'
 
'Professor Oh, where are you?' 
 
Luhan sounded distressed over the phone, 
 
'I fell leaving the bathroom, and I can't get up.' 
 
I put my phone on speaker for his father to hear,
 
"What?"
 
"I said, I fell on the way to the bathroom and j can't get up. Can you come back?" 
 
"I'm on my way." 
 
I hung up my cell phone,
"Don't lie, Mr. Lu." I pointed to my phone, implying Luhan's call, 
"This is not love." Storming out of his work place, I quickly dropped the papers off then booked it home. I knew Luhan wasn't dying but I was concerned. Wishing I wouldn't have left him, I hastily made my way up the stairs because it was faster than the elevator, and unlocked the door. 
I would wait to tell Luhan until he felt better. 
 
Luhan POV: 
"I'm sorry, we need a legal guardians consent to let him see a doctor." 
Well damn it, I wasn't going to see a doctor anytime soon then.
"I'll take care of it." 
"Huh?" I looked at Professor Oh, confused. He couldn't sign it and my father sure as hell wasn't going to. Watching as he and the nurse had some sort of telepathy moment, I fiddled with the wheelchair. It was so embarrassed that Professor Oh was carrying me everywhere, I requested a wheelchair. Having him push me like I was 80 years old wasn't exactly ideal either, but anything beat the 'newly-wed' way. Professor Oh pushed me into a room and left me for a few minutes. I had always hated the clean scent of a doctors office.. I remember sitting alone, staring at the wall and crying when my mother died. Doctors offices and hospitals just brought back the trauma. 
"A doctor will be here soon, just wait a little." Professor Oh took a seat next to my wheelchair, 
"How are they letting me see a doctor?"
"I took care of it." 
"That doesn't answer me question. We both know my father won't sign anything." 
"Luhan. I took care of it." Well he was grumpy.. I suddenly realized we did not have the day off of school and he was taking a day off of work- which he'd never done in our three years. Professor Oh probably barely slept last night too and he must have woken up really early because when I first woke up, he was gone and it was only 7:00 AM. Watching as he rubbed his eyes, I felt extremely guilty for making him do all sorts things for me. I couldn't tell him that though.. He'd only dismiss me like always, even if I was thanking him and not insulting him. Professor Oh was strange that way, never letting anyone in. I wasn't even sure if he had any friends- but then again, even I had a friend so he must have had one too. 
"Luhan," Professor Oh turned to me and intensely stared into my eyes. For some reason, my mind flashed back to my first year, the first day in his class. Professor Oh intrigued me that first day as he read his book while we all settled in before class. I remember staring at his face when suddenly our eyes met, and his intense stare was forever engrained into my mind. After three years, his thick eye lashes encircling his dark eyes hadn't changed one bit. 
"Luhan?" 
"Huh? What?"
"You're staring at me again." 
"Ah- no.. I mean, I was but I didn't mean to. Well, I mean I knew I was but-" 
"It's okay to be infatuated by my face." 
"No I wasn't! I was j-" 
"Hi, you must me Luhan?" 
"Oh, uh yeah hi." I was relieved the doctor had walked in, rescuing me from the risky situation. The doctor saved me even before examining me. 
"I'm Dr. Cho. Tell me a little about what happened and what's going on."
"Well.." Dr. Cho sat down on a stool with wheels and opened a work tablet, writing something with a stylus. 
"I was in a bit of a rough situation yesterday and I got hurt pretty bad."
"Bullies?"
"No.. But then this morning I couldn't get up after going to the bathroom."
"I see.. Can you sit on the bed?" Pausing for a moment, I looked at Professor Oh nervously. With no expression, he picked me up and set me on the bed like it was normal.  
"So I take it you're pretty sore?"
"Yeah.." Dr. Cho began feeling my sides,
"I'm going to have you take off your shirt to let me examine your injuries." My cheeks burned as she helped me take my shirt off with Professor Oh so close by. I knew he had everything based on my clean body and unfamiliar clothing, but now that I was conscious, I was nervous. Yet, when I glanced over her shoulder at Professor Oh, he was looking out the window, ignoring us. 
"When did this happen?"
"Umm.. Last night, I don't know what time."
"It was around 8:00." I was shocked Professor Oh spoke. 
So he had been paying attention? 
"And my, you do have a lot of bruising. What exactly happened?" She was growing suspicious. 
"Umm.." I swallowed feeling nervous. If I told her, she would report me right away, and I didn't want that at all. 
"What happened was.." Being a terrible liar, it put me in a bad situation, 
"I um.." 
"Luhan and I were riding our bikes yesterday after he was out of school and he crashed his bike."
"Oh I see, a bike accident? How did it happen?" 
"He's extremely clumsy, so he must have just been out of balance." I wanted to both thank and kill Professor Oh at that moment. He made me sound like a child, but he was still saving my . 
"Is that true?"
"Yeah.." Professor Oh was breaking the law as he spoke. He was 'bound by law to report abuse' as he said it, so I didn't get why he was lying for me.  
"Hmm.. Well nothing is broken or sprained. Luhan, are you ually active?" 
"W-what!?" 
"To prescribe you certain medications, I need to ask." Professor Oh was probably smiling and holding in laughter, so I didn't look at him to save myself the shame. 
"N-no." He was laughing for sure. 
"So no oral either?" 
"No.."  For some odd reason, I ended up looking at Professor Oh. Something in me wanted to see his reaction. He was grinning like I thought, but he wasn't laughing or bursting at the seams. Still, with his prissy, egoistic attitude, he began teasing me, knowing I couldn't do anything to stop him.  
"He hasn't even had his first kiss." 
"Okay, we get it." 
"I don't think he has a girlfriend either for that matter." 
"She didn't ask that."
"So, he hasn't even held hands with anyone." 
"Shut up!" Dr. Cho chuckled a little bit, 
"Don't be embarrassed. My husband was a late bloomer too. His first kiss was me in college." Late bloomer? Finally, Professor Oh let out a little snort. I, myself was trying not to laugh, but for a different reason. 
Professor Oh had snorted! 
Now that was hilarious. 
"Luhan will always be a late bloomer." "Ha ha ha. I guess I will be." I was trying to not get off the bed and jump out the window- not that I could anyhow. 
Professor Oh was a sadistic bastard, getting joy from my embarrassment. I couldn't tell if Dr. Cho believed us or not, but she didn't question any further and I was thankful.
"Well, I can get you some medicine for your pain. I'll need you to sign some papers though, so I'll be right back with them." After she left and closed the door, I let out a sigh of relief. 
"That was hell." 
"I knew you were bad at lying, but you're even bad at sitting through a lie."
"Well sorry, but it's kinda hard when your teacher is telling a doctor that he and student went out bike riding. What is this? A movie?" 
"At least I was convincing." 
"I can't believe you lied."
"It was only half a lie. You did spend the night and you are completely absent of any ual contact." 
"How did you even know I'm not ually active?!"
"I actually just guessed but I know for sure now." Professor Oh gloated. 
"You're lucky I'm n-" 
"Okay! Here are the papers." For the second time, Dr. Cho interrupted us and handed me a pen- which I wanted to chuck at Professor Oh's forehead. I looked over the form for the patient signature right away and signed it, handing it back. It wasn't like I was signing my life over to a mafia so I didn't bother reading it. 
Dr. Cho looked at it, then she gave it back. 
"Please sign your legal name."
"This is my legal name. My last name is Lu but I go by 'Lu' and 'Han' together."
"Then please sign 'Oh Luhan." 
"That isn't my last name.. It's his." I pointed to Professor Oh with my eyebrow raised. 
"And he's your legal guardian. Just sign Oh Luhan." 
"He's not my legal guardian, I have a father. And my last name is not 'Oh' I already told you it's his!" 
"Are you his legal guardian or not?" Professor Oh's expression was wiped blank and he was looking at Dr. Cho as if she was in his 'to kill' list. 
"I am." 
"No, you're not." 
"I think I'll leave you for a moment to get things figured out.. Just put the clip board on the shelf outside the door when you're done. Nice meeting you." My eyes remained glued on Professor Oh even as she left. Slowly, I trailed them down to the paper. 
I am a 'Lu.' 
He is an 'Oh.' 
My heart stopped as I spotted a signature that was out of place, one the didn't belong next to legal guardian, 
"Professor Oh, what the hell is this?"