New Name For You

Professor Oh and I
Luhan POV: 
Somehow, I was coaxed into sleeping with Professor Oh to give Kris more space. Thinking about it, it sounded strange: a student sleeping with his teacher.
Wait! 
Not sleeping with him, just sleeping next to himThere was a gigantic line between the two. 
 
Professor Oh didn't like Kris because he disrupted class by calling me and for whatever other reasons.. Kris didn't like Professor Oh because he thought he was too proper and wound was too tight. 
I was stuck in the middle.  
"Hey Luhan," 
"W-what?" 
"Woah, why are you so flustered?"  Kris came and sat on Professor Oh's bed as I sat against the headboard, my legs tucked into the covers. 
"I-I'm not." 
"You are, and you're blushing." 
"Am not!" Just then, Professor Oh walked in and went to his closet, shutting me up. He walked in like he had no idea we were there although it was obvious. Kris mouthed words to me, to which I whisper yelled back in reply. 
"You're staring~" 
"Because he walked in the room!" 
"You liiiiike him~" I began shoving Kris as he made kissy faces at me repeating, 'you like him' over and over. Kris was wrong, I didn't like Professor Oh that way. 
"Luhan," My body froze when Professor Oh called my name, had he heard us?
"I'm going to shower. I'll be out in a little."
"Oh okay." The door closed after Professor Oh disappeared and the water began to run. 
"You obviously get flustered around him." 
"Do not! If anything," I scowled at Kris and began setting up my pillows,  "I hate him."
"You do not. Maybe you thought you did, but you clearly do not. You're willingly sleeping in his bed."
"So! If I don't, he'll get mad at me." That was why I did it, because I didn't want to upset Professor Oh. 
Of course that was why. Kris was just making me overthink everything. 
"Sure... But you know, I really missed you."
"I missed you too." Finally we had time to ourselves. We looked each other in the eyes and we both knew how much we missed one another and wanted the other near. Kris I weren't just best friends, we were something else.. Like family.
"How have you been holding up here?"
"I've been fine. It's really not that bad here.. I kinda like it. But he's really moody and can be really stubborn.. What about you?" 
"I'm good. I met someone actually."
"Ooooh! Who?" I practically jumped on Kris, excited to hear the news. 
"Well, don't freak out at me.. His name is Tao and we met through one of our friends a few months ago."
"His name?" 
"Yeah, that's the 'don't freak out' part. He's a guy."
"Oh, I didn't know you were-"
"Neither did I." I was surprised Kris was gay since he'd been with so many women before. But his eyes lit up when he said Tao's name so I was just glad he was happy. 
"We've been seeing each other for two months now and it's just really great. The only thing is, his parents are really strict about who he dates so right now they just think I'm a best friend- hah, well I hate to break it to you, Tao's parents.. But best friends don't have ." Kris laughed to himself as I sat with my mouth wide open. 
"You've done it?!"
"You seem surprised. Of course we have, I have needs. You're still a , right?"
"Of course I am!" My cheeks were getting hotter by the second, I was 17 years old and still hadn't kissed anyone let alone had ! 
It was embarrassing. 
"I'm sure you're teacher would you if you asked-"
"EW. PLEASE STOP." I put my hand up, blocking Kris' face in disgust towards his comment. 
"What! I sense between you two~" 
"I sense stupidity. No way, Professor Oh and I are just teacher and student. That's so wrong."
"Well you aren't just teacher and student, you live with him after all." When I heard the water stop, I grew worried that Professor Oh would over hear us. 
"I mean, come on, Luhan," No. Shh! 
"Don't you have needs?!" 
"Shhhhhh!" 
"Don't shh me! Every man has needs."
"Just be quiet!"
"Ok ok," Kris whispered, having fun getting me riled up.
"So do you?" 
"Yeah, I have needs.." 
"So what do you do?" 
"I take care of it.." 
"BY YOURSELF?!" 
"SHHH." I hopped onto Kris and covered his mouth with my hand. 
Professor Oh could definitely hear us. 
"Geez.. You need to just-"
"Shut up." 
"Well okay, but I'm just saying. You guys are more than just teacher and student so you may as well.." Glaring at Kris I scooted back over to my side of the bed and tucked myself in again. 
"Yeah. You know, I still don't know why he took me in." 
"He cares about you, that's why." 
"Really? I can never tell. Professor Oh hides his feelings a lot." Kris yawned and cracked his knuckles- something I had always hated.  
"You know, why do you call him Professor Oh? Why don't you call him by his first name?" 
"I-I just don't.." 
"What's his first name anyway? I forgot. Like was it, 'Suhan'?" He was obviously teasing me and knew Professor Oh's first name, it was obvious, yet I let myself get worked up. But he wasn't being mean, it was friendly banter between us and we were both smiling about it. 
"No, maybe it was 'sohun' or wasn't it-"
"It's Sehun!" 
"What really?" Kris was playing with me so hard, I didn't realize the bathroom door open. 
"Yes, Se-" 
"I thought it was like 'I want to seduce Luhan-" 
"IT'S JUST SEHUN." Just then, Professor Oh walked across the room wrapped in a towel. 
He obviously heard me scream his name and I was mortified. My cheeks burned knowing he heard me while all Kris could do was laugh. 
I had never called him 'Sehun' before and was highly embarrassed. It wasn't proper for a student to call his teacher by his first name! 
I glared at Kris. 
"Well! I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight Luhan!" 
"No, wait! Kri-" He was gone. Kris knew what he did and he was proud of it- I didn't know what was up his sleeve but I knew I wouldn't like it, he always played tricks on me. I just hoped Professor Oh wouldn't be mad or something.
After laying down, I started thinking to myself, 
'Why don't I call Professor Oh by his first name?' Granted, I would have to call him Professor Oh at school, but couldn't I call him Sehun at home? 
He addressed me as Luhan night and day, but I suppose that was different. 
Wait.. 
Could I call his place my home even? 
I didn't pay for anything and I didn't even help around the house. He cooked, cleaned and went shopping. All I did was study and fail chemistry. 
As I laid down, I made a promise to myself to start helping around the house. I'd help clean and when he was gone, I'd practice cooking! Oh! I could even make him a latte for breakfast because I can actually do that! I promised myself I'd do everything the next day to show him I'm not completely useless. 
"Goodnight." Professor Oh laid down next to me, startling me a lift and turned off the light. I suddenly realized he left the bathroom light on- for me. I was afraid of the dark and he knew that, so in a way, I felt happy he remembered the little things. 
"P-professor Oh?" 
"Hmm?" Turning on my side, I was a little startled when I came face to face with him. His eyes were open and in all honesty, I forgot what I was going to say when I saw them. It was rare to see Professor Oh without his glasses, and I kinda liked him when he didn't wear them. He looked younger. 
"Does anyone call you by your first name?" 
"Only my parents." 
"O-oh.." As I thought, it would be completely out of line for me to call him Sehun.. But I still wanted to. 
For some reason, I wanted to be special.
"C-could I call you by your first name?" I held my breath and searched his face for some expression, but I got none. Instead, he turned over onto his back-away from me. I must have upset him. 
"I-I mean, it's just that we, I mean I live with you so I just thought maybe I could call you more casually."
"Well, think it would be more appropriate if you addressed me by Professor Oh instead of Sehun." My heart sunk and my stomach dropped. Suddenly, I felt like melting into the mattress for asking such a dumb question. 
"Oh okay, sorry I asked, I thought..." 
"But at ho-"
"I'm sorry I brought it up," I turned over on my side so I wouldn't have to even look at him.  
"It was a silly question, sorry."
"Wait, don't get upset over it. You didn't let me finish." The mattress moved a little as Professor Oh moved closer to me. I assumed he had turned around so I did too. There was something about Professor Oh.. No matter how embarrassed I got, I still wanted to see him, I couldn't turn away. 
"Why do you want to call me by my name?"
"H-huh?" I tried to look away. 
"Nope, you can't turn away from me," Professor Oh grasped my wrist and held it tightly so I couldn't turn around. 
Part of me wanted to run away, but part of me wanted to give in. 
"What made you ask all of a sudden?" 
"No, I shouldn't have asked, it was inappropriate of me to ask you such a question.." 
"You can call me by my first name, I was just surprised." Professor Oh, surprised? 
"Wait.. What?"
"Of course it's inappropriate for you to call me by my first name in school, but at home it's fine." 
"Really?" Professor Oh gave me a genuine smile and fluffed my hair, 
"Yeah." 
 
Professor Oh POV: 
My heart was about to explode. 
When he asked if he could call me by my first name, I smiled so wide that I had to turn away from him so he wouldn't see. Was Luhan finally warming up to me more? 
"S-so it's okay to call you by your first name?"
"Yes, go ahead, try it." Luhan and I had both to our backs, staring straight up at the dimly lit ceiling. 
"What should I say?" 
"Just say goodnight to me so we can sleep. Goodnight, Luhan." 
"Goodnight... Sehun."