Choose Wisely

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV: 

I think the worst thing about being apart from Sehun was the loneliness. I had no one to hold me, and no one to kiss away my tears. Even if graduation was only a few weeks away, it seemed like the closer it got, the farther it away it seemed. I had to pick a college soon, and I really didn't know what I wanted anymore. It was bad actually... My dreams that I once had set my entire life upon was now something I was unsure of. Seoul University was the only place I'd ever wanted to go- Kris made sure I remembered that, he practically had me sweating as we bantered back and fourth.
"This is nuts. You're just applying to Gangnam so you can be closer to Sehun!" 
"I am not!" 
"You are too!" 
"Am not!" 
"Are too!" Kris and I glared fire into one another's eyes from across the table inside Jongin's home.  
 
Flashback: 
"Luhan, what is this?" Kris smacked a paper down on my desk after barging into school. Luckily, it was not Sehun's class, otherwise I would be in for a load of hell. 
"Kris what are you doing here?" Kris leaned in, staring at me extremely close. 
"This is your college list, why is Gangnam on it?" 
"You went through my things?!" 
"I just saw it, so I read it." I sighed and shook my head, 
"Can we talk later? I'm in school." Kris clenched his jaw, 
"You better..." Suddenly he began speaking in Chinese, 
"You better not be considering Gangnam just because of him." Kris knew me too well, but school was not the place for this conversation. 
"School is done in an hour, just wait at Jongin's and we'll talk there."
End of flashback.
 
Luhan POV: 
"I'm just thinking of Gangnam! That doesn't mean I'm going there. Plus, I don't know if Seoul will accept me! I need a second choice." 
"Seoul will accept you, and everyone knows that. Don't bull me, Luhan. I know you're just thinking of Gangnam for Sehun." 
"Kris, why don't we just let Luhan think about it." Sehun, who of course showed up for the discussion, sat calmly across the room, watching the two of us fight. 
"Shut up, old man! This isn't about you!"
"On the contrary, I think it is." 
"Shut up!"
"You don't have the right to tell me what to do." Kris would never be 100% okay with Sehun, I knew that. But the way they treated one another irritated the out of me. 
"Both of you shut up! This is my decision and neither of you are making it easier on me! Seoul has been my dream, but I'll have you know Wu Yifan, that Gangnam has one of the top Psychology and Biochemistry fields and highest graduating honors!" Slamming my fist on the table, it was as if Kris and I were in a debate, trying to out-do one another's argument. 
"You at chemistry!"
"I know!" 
"Fine then, be a therapist. I'll come to you and we can chat about my best friend, who ed up his life over some old man!" 
"Kris, watch it!" 
"Can you both just stop?!" Glaring at Kris, I shot up. Slowly, my head begin to spin, and I needed some air to cool off. 
"I will make my own decisions. And I don't need either of your input!" Just like that, I collected myself and walked out the door, closing it a little harder than I should have closed someone else's door.
"Those idiots!" I screamed in a frustrated manor and then began walking, not knowing exactly where I was headed, but knowing I needed time to think. 
 
Sehun POV:
"I know you hate me right now, but you shouldn't." Kris scoffed and crossed his arms, but I wasn't upset with him. I understood why he was angry, and why he would be angry with me, but he really didn't need to be. 
"Luhan will make the right decision based on how he feels and it's not fair for either of us to influence him. He'd pick Seoul to make you happy, and Gangnam to make me happy. Either way, one person won't get their top choice, but we still need to support him. Okay?" 
"Yeah, I know. I know. But Seoul is his dream. You realize that if you never got involved with him, he'd be going to Seoul, right?" I nodded,
"Perhaps. But Kris, do you realize that if I never got involved with him, he might not be able to choose a college?"
"Huh?" I stood up, ready to go back to my place, 
"He was nearly dead when I found him Kris, he needed me."
"That was coincidence. Of course he needed you, but if Jongin came at that time, he would have needed him." 
"No," I shook my head before leaving,
"It was by fate that Luhan and I met... He'll make the right decision. I know it." 
 
Luhan POV: 
"Stupid Sehun... Stupid Kris! Ugh!" I sat on a swing, kicking my feet in the sand, thinking about my future. There was just something about the quietness of the park that made me calm. I'd come to the park all the time as a child, but of course once my mother died, I rarely got to go. It was an old park that no one came to anymore, but it was still peaceful like I remembered. Sitting alone outside, I could just think to myself without anyone else's input. If I went to Seoul, I'd be far from Sehun. I'd be living in a dorm, and I wouldn't be able to see Sehun unless I took the train for a half hour back to Gangnam. Gangnam wasn't even far from Seoul itself, but Seoul university was located right in the edge of the city... And Gangnam was on the complete other side. 
It big time. 
Seoul was my dream. 
Seoul was my life! That was all I ever lived for, and yet, when it came time to choose a college... Why couldn't I just choose? 
Because I fell in love, that's why. 
Gangnam university was without a doubt, a good college. But it was not for me... Kris was right, I wasn't going to major in psychology and I did at chemistry. But I'd still work hard and graduate with honors, and then I'd be closer to Sehun. 
"What- oh." Rain. It seemed like my feelings always corresponded with the weather, and right now, I was feeling torn. Rain wasn't even a sad thing really, but just having it there made everything ten times more dramatic and made me feel every emotion deeper. So I sat in the rain. It was chilly, but I hardly noticed. 
Do I go to Seoul, my dream college, and move far from Sehun? 
Or do I go to Gangnam, still a good college, and only a block away from Sehun? 
My heart ached at either decision. 
But I knew what I really wanted, and I knew what I really needed. 
 
Sehun POV: 
Over the past few days at school, Luhan didn't speak to me about college. I wanted him to go to Gangnam, of course, but I also wanted him to live without regrets. Whatever Luhan chose would be fine with me. 
He was an adult, he could decide for himself. 
"I'm passing out the final exams now. Any cheating will result in an automatic failure and you will not be permitted to attend college this year. Once you have finished, please mark your top two colleges of choice." I past out the exams, one to each person. One to Luhan, who looked extremely nervous. I tried not to speak to him, so I wouldn't persuade his decision in any sort of way, but it was difficult.
"Your results will be posted in a week outside the school. Your name will be under the first college of your choice if you have made it, otherwise it will be under the second one with a 2 marked by it. If your name isn't there, you didn't pass and can try again next year. Good luck, you may begin your exam." I watched as the students worked, some moving faster than others. Everyone was so focused, I could practically hear their brainwaves. Everyone except Luhan. His leg kept shaking and I could tell his hands were sweaty, he was nervous as hell. Still, I was not worried because I knew he'd never failed a test- except chemistry. Luhan would be fine, I wished I could have told him that.  
.
.
.
"Time ends now. Please close your exams and wait for me to pick them up. Once I have, you may go home." I wanted to ruffle Luhan's hair, and tell him good job, but I simply picked up his exam and moved on instead. Once everyone was gone, I stared at the stack of exams on my desk. I had a lot of work to do... One by one, I took off the college choose paper to check and give to the office. I had to mark down the college for paren my teacher conferences, so I had about 200 colleges to write down, two for each of my students.
Huh... 
Luhan only chose one. 
 
Luhan POV:
I made the wrong decision. 
I made the wrong decision. 
I ed up! 
I bang my head on the wall after I arrived back to Jongin's house. 
No, I made the right choice. I'll be fine, I thought about it enough...
No I didn't! 
"Ugh!!!" The next week would be agonizing. I hoped that I made it, as much as I hoped I didn't.
 
Parent teacher conference:
"So you're sure?" 
"I'm positive." 
"No back up plans?"
"Nope." 
"As your teacher, I say that's a bad plan, and as your guardian, I still say that's a bad plan."
"I've made my decision, it's this school for sure." 
"Positive?"
"Absolutely. I promise I won't regret it, Sehun." I wouldn't regret it.