The Hike Pt. 2

Professor Oh and I

Sehun POV:

This little . 
"You left Luhan alone?" I was about ready to smack the out of Suho, who had come running down to me after about an hour in the woods.
"I'm sorry! It was an accident!" Knowing that scolding him wouldn't find Luhan faster, I ignored him and prepared to leave. I grabbed a flashlight and a blanket incase he was cold when I found him, because I would most definitely find him, and I left.
"Just stay here." The sun had completely gone down, and the moon didn't provide any light. There were so many places Luhan clue have been, I really didn't know where to start, so I began calling his name, like an owner would call for his puppy. 
"Luhan!" Shivering a little, I pushed my way through bushes and branches. I'd never felt so anxious before. The fact that Luhan could have been anywhere, and it was dark, scared me to the point where I began jogging to cover as much ground as I could.
"Oh !" Stumbling down, I just about fell face first into the dirt, barely catching myself, but not good enough. Standing back up, I continued on my way. Luhan was more important, I needed to find him first. But it seemed as if everywhere I looked and called, he was not there. It was almost like I was going in circles, walking by the same bush and the same tree that I could barely see with my small flashlight. Somewhere out there, Luhan was alone and afraid, and every second that past, was a second that I was failing to protect him like I promised to do so long ago.  
"Luhan! Where are you?!" How long has it been since is been searching? A half hour? An hour? It might have been better if I had others help me look, but in all honesty, I wanted to be the one to find him. I wanted him to be the one to save him. 
"LUHAN?!" I screamed at the quiet trees, but there was still no-
"Sehun?" The smallest voice called out from in front of me, the smallest, most familiar voice. 
"Luhan!" I didn't even have to move to find him, because he came running towards me. 
"Sehun!" Luhan slammed his body against mine and put his arms around me, squeezing me as tight as he could. 
I missed this. 
"Sehun, I was so sca-ared!" Whaling into my chest, Luhan cried to his hearts content, and I let him. His body was so cold, I quickly wrapped the blanket around him and held it there while he sobbed. But I wanted to head back before I was the one that was lost, so I gently pried him off and let him get onto my back. I could hear Luhan sniffling in my ear, and yes I was a sadist, because hearing his years made me happy. 
"Alright Luhan, let's go." The wall back was silent for the most part, it was nice just enjoying one another's company after so long. 
"I'm glad you're the one that found me." I smiled, 
"I am too." Even if I was the only one that had been looking, I was glad I found him.
"Sehun... Wh-" Quickly, before we got back, I grabbed Luhan from behind me and turned my head around. I harshly pressed my cold lips against his, a desperate kiss that I'd missed to much, and I wondered if he missed me as much as I missed him. But slowly, I moved away and put him back behind me, trying to get him back into a better position. I had to bend down to let him climb back on, and he did as soon as I squatted. Then I began walking again. 
"Sehun why did you do that?" Luhan was angry, I knew he would be, but my self control was plummeting fast. 
"Because I wanted to." Luhan said nothing else, and I was aware of his irritation and frustration towards me for kissing him... But I secretly hoped he was happy. Somewhere along the way, Luhan must have fallen asleep because I felt his grip loosen, which meant mine had to tighten- not that I minded. As I approached the hotel though, I almost missed the long walk in the woods because now I'd have to let him go. 
 
Luhan POV: 
"Luhan, wake up." I was never asleep to begin with. How could I fall asleep when I was finally close to Sehun? His familiar scent and warmth... I could never just fall asleep. Especially after he kissed me. 
Damn bastard. 
"Hmm?" 
"We're back." 
"I don't wanna be back." Sehun must have been smiling, but my eyes were closed so I didn't know for sure. 
"LUHAN! YOU FOUND HIM." I pretended to be asleep, and at that moment, Sehun and I shared a brain wave. 
"Shh. He's sleeping." It was cute when Sehun lied for me. 
"Oh, sorry." It was Suho, the jerk who ditched me! But in all truth, I was glad he left me. 
"Woah, Professor Oh, your knee is bleeding."
"Really?" 
"Yeah, there's blood all over your leg..." 
"I'll get it cleaned up. I have to take Luhan to the nurse anyways. You should go to bed now, okay? I'll be in to do a room check soon." Sehun's leg was bleeding? I started wondering how it could have started bleeding, maybe he fell or maybe he scraped himself? The point of it all though, was that he didn't hurt it while I was with him, so it must have been when he was looking for me. Sehun always put me first, he must have gotten injured but kept going because he was worried about me. How long had he been searching for me anyway? Was he in pain, carrying me all this way? 
"Luhan I'm going to put you down." Sadly, Sehun put me down so I had to stand on my own two feet. 
"Sehun, Luhan, what brings you here?" Suddenly Jongin popped out from around the corner of the 'infirmary'.
"Luhan got lost in the woods so it would be great if you could just check him out."
"Yeah sure, and your leg?" 
"It's fine." 
"No, it's not fine. Dr. Kim please take a look at it. I'm just fine, I was just lost that's all." I pulled Sehun over to Jongin and then backed away, forcing him to deal with his injury. If Sehun could take care of me, I could take care of Sehun. 
 
Sehun POV: 
I felt like a baby, having Jongin bandage my leg while Luhan hovered over me to make sure I was alright. It didn't hurt honestly, but Luhan seemed to think I had broken my knee- always over exaggerating. Luckily, we both had to spend the night in the infirmary because Jongin was quote on quote "concerned we had caught a cold." Sick or not, I got to spend the night right by Luhan so I was content.
"Luhan I have to do room checks, I'll be back soon."
"Okay, I'm going to bathe really quickly then." I nodded and left to go do room checks. It was hard, acting like there was nothing between us when there had ways been something. I think that I fell in love with Luhan the first time I set my eyes on him, but I'm just dense and it took me a very long time to realize it. At first I was 'infatuated' with him but that wasn't ever the case. I was just in love. 
"Room checks!" The door slid open and I was met face to face with Baekhyun. 
"Oh, hi Professor Oh. Sorry, Chanyeol and Yixing went to the bathroom they'll be back soon." 
"I can't leave until everyone is here." Baekhyun shrugged and let me in. 
What a mess. 
"You should tidy your room you guys, it's a pig pen right now."
"Eh." They all shrugged their shoulders, at me. Teenage boys. Always messy. 
"You guys!" We all turned around to see who was shouting at us. 
"Professor Oh! Thank goodness!" Yixing looked horrified,
"What is it?"
"Luhan and Chanyeol are fighting!"
"About what? Don't they get along?" 
"No!" Yixing pulled me out of the room, while the rest of the team followed.
"Chanyeol and Luhan aren't fighting each other, people are fighting them!" . The whole room ran to the hot springs to see what in the world was going on, and I was not happy to see what I saw. 
"Why me?! What did I do to you?!" Luhan was , standing in front of two boys who I knew bullied Luhan. 
"WHY DID YOU CHOSE ME TO PICK ON?" 
"Professor Oh, they're-" 
"No." I put my arm out, preventing Baekhyun and the others from going to help. I was there, and if things got out of hand, I'd step in. But I wanted to see what Luhan had to say, as bad as that sounded. His legs were shaking from the cold, and his eyes were flooding while Chanyeol just stood by his side. 
"Come in Luhan, we should-"
"No! NO! I WANT AN ANSWER! DAMN IT, I'M TIRED." Luhan began to wail loudly, falling to the ground. 
 
Luhan POV:
I yelled at the top of my lungs. I was so angry, my blood boiled- I couldn't take the pain anymore. 
"My mother DIED! HOW DARE YOU TEASE ME ABOUT HER BEING DEAD! And my father... THAT MAN IS NOT MY FATHER! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE BEGINNING OF MY PAIN!" Standing up, I ran to Minhyuk and shoved him.
"Do you know why I have such good grades?! You know why I wear long sleeves, huh?! DO YOU KNOW WHY I HATE ALCOHOL?!" I pushed him again, this time Chanyeol had to step in and hold me back. Minhyuk and Changsub just stood in silence, staring at me with their judgmental eyes, eyes that would always be judgmental. 
"It's because my father is a drunk. You're right! If I get bad grades, he would beat me." The two boys began to look scared, but I wouldn't let them run away. I was not weak.
"He'd beat me until I couldn't feel my hands that had to hold a pencil the next day in class while I got made fun of for having a bandaid on my cheek." Staring into Minhyuk's eyes, I felt a tear fall- a tear of anger, not sadness.
"He beat me until I couldn't take it! So you see these scars? The ones that you were making fun of me 10 minutes ago for? My father beat me so much, and so hard, I tried to kill myself because a hell in a different life word be better than the hell I used to live." 
"Okay, we get it. You can stop now." 
"You don't get it. My father would drink until he couldn't stand, not stand on his feet, stand the sight of me. Because I look so much like my damn mother, who I can't remember because she DIED when I was a kid. And thanks to you guys, I'll never let go of the fact that she is dead." I began to back away, 
"So I hope you're happy when you make fun of me, I hope it makes you feel like a man because that's just great for you. But I'm going to keep on being myself, because I have..." My throat began to get choked up,
"Because I have.. People that look out for me. And I have someone who loves me deeper than any one, a better love than either of you will ever have." A cool breeze came across, causing me to shiver- and notice Sehun standing behind the two boys. 
"My mother loved me, and I loved her. These scars, the ones you find so hilarious are just scars that remind me of her. Because when I look at them, I remember how my love for her drove me to suicide, so I could be with her." I shook my head and began backing up again, ready to run away.  
"So please, keep making fun of me if it makes you happy. Because it doesn't hurt, I don't value what you have to say, I don't value your opinion... I don't value you." As quickly as I could, I dashed back to the infirmary and put my clothes back on, then jumped into bed. It took me a few minutes, but I finally processed what I just said. For the first time, I stood up for myself, and boy, did it feel good. I was going to graduate in a few months, and I was not going to let annoying people ruin my last few months of high school, and that was that. 
 
Sehun POV: 
"Chanyeol, tell me what happened." I sat in front of Minhyuk and Changsub and Changyeol in the cafeteria. No one was there but us, alone in the dark. After Luhan ran away, and may I just say I was very proud of him, I practically whipped the two boys with my tongue and forced them to tell me what happened. 
"I was walking by when I heard these two calling Luhan names because of his scars and saying things about his deceased mother. And I think Luhan had just had enough, so he got out of the water and started yelled at the boys. Then I jumped in and tried to split them up, but Luhan continue to scream at them." I nodded,
"And the next thing I know, he was having a complete melt down, and then you showed up."  
"Well, you two have detention for the next month. And you'll be leaving the field trip early, plus, you have to write an apology to Luhan. I'm not telling you when its due, it's due when you're sorry and you will give it to him yourself, and I will be checking." I stood up, ready to go find my Luhan. 
"You two ought to be ashamed of yourselves."
"We are..." 
"Good. I'm calling you parents tomorrow."  Once I left the cafeteria and was out of sight, I ran back to the infirmary where I found Luhan, already sleeping on floor mattress. I smiled at him in the dark, and closed the door, then made my way to the other mattress. Quietly, I pushed my bed things closer to him and then laid down, reaching out for his hand and holding it in mine. 
"Luhan, I know you're asleep..."
 
Luhan POV:
"But I want you to know how proud I am of you for tonight. I'll be waiting for you on graduation day, okay?" I smiled widely, even thought I was supposed to be asleep,
"Okay. Hehe.." 
"Hey you're supposed to be asleep." I giggled again and my side to look at Sehun who was surprisingly close. 
"Thank you, for not stepping in tonight... I don't know what came over me, but I'm glad I went whack. I needed to." 
"You did need to. I'm very happy Luhan, are you happy?" 
"Yes." And I was happy. Even if I had been in front of two guys, and I had had a complete melt down, I was still happy. Squeezing Sehun's hand tighter, but not looking at him, I closed my eyes again to go to sleep for real. Things were going to turn out for me one way or another, and I was going to have Sehun by my side. One day, I would look back on high school and laugh, because all the people in it were people I should have stopped worrying about a long time ago. I realized it now, but dice I was still I high school, I couldn't look back and laugh... It would probably be the day after graduation. Moving back to my original poison, sleeping on my back, I kept my hand with Sehun's and took a deep breathe, breathing in all of the fresh air- fresh as in, I was going to get a new start with 3/4ths of the school year left. 
"Goodnight... I love you, Sehun."
"...I love you more."