To Avoid Conflict

Professor Oh and I
Luhan POV: 
"I FORGOT MY BACKPACK!" Before Sehun could turn the key to lock up the apartment before we left for school, I bolted back inside to grab my backpack. 
Of course he was probably laughing at me for making such a big deal to leave, and then I forgot something... 
 
Ring ring!
"Ugh the phone!"
 
"Hello? This is Oh Sehun's phone." 
 
"Hello, please inform him that his apartment will be ready this evening. The keys will be at the front desk, 5:00 sharp. If he needs anything, call Mr. Byung. Goodbye." 
 
"He-hello? Hello? Huh.. They hung up."
 
"Hey, Sehun, are we being evicted?" 
"Huh? That's absurd, no one would evict me." 
You're so arrogant!
"Well, someone just called and said your apartment will be ready at 5:00 tonight... Mr. Byung?" 
"Oh! I forgot to tell you." I hopped into the car and closed the door, waiting for him to do the same. 
"Tell me what?" 
"We're moving." As casual as ever, Sehun started the car. He acted like it was normal to just tell someone they're moving. 
Well think again! 
My first question was: Where? 
My second question was: Do I come with? 
My third question was: Why? 
And they all spilt out at once by accident. 
 
"Where are we going? I mean, where are you going, since I might not be going with you... That's up to you. But why are we moving? I mean, you, why are you moving? You didn't say anything to me- well not that you had to.. But-" 
 "Hey, calm down." Sehun chuckled and continued to drive, 
"We're moving to the apartments in Gangnam-gu. Yea you're coming with new, don't be stupid. You'd come with whether you liked it or not, and it's because some of our neighbors are suspicious, so I thought it'd be best to move." 
"O-oh..." 
 
So he was doing this for us.
 
"Are you okay? Sorry I didn't tell you, I should have." 
"It's fine! I'm fine." I waved my hands around in panic that I was making a sad face. 
"Fine?" Sehun frowned a little bit, keeping his eyes on the busy traffic. "Yes, fine! I mean it, it's all okay." 
 
How can I tell you that I'm seriously just fine, that I want to move, and that I don't want you to think I'm just saying that? 
 
"Luhan, I am sorry. Don't be mad at me, okay?
"No, you were busy! I'm not upset, seriously!" 
"Being busy isn't an excuse. I should have told you."
"Well, I know now! So it's okay. Really, I don't know why you always get like this when you tell me news, it's not a big deal." 
"I want you to be happy, so it is a big deal." I blushed as hard as I could at his words that he threw around so carelessly. 
"I am happy..." 
 
As long as I'm with you.
 
"Ahem- So! What does it look like?" 
"It's better than the one we have now, larger, a nice view actually. And it's more quiet even though it's right in the city."
"Oh, sounds nice." I smiled at Sehun, and he ruffled my hair like he always did, letting me know he was happy, too. 
"I forgot to tell you, Kris can also come along. Oh- and I'm pulling you out of school early so we can pack. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you anything, are you unhappy?" 
I wasn't unhappy inside at all. 
In fact, I was the most happy person in the world! We stopped at the red light, and I quickly took Sehun's hand  in mine. 
"I'm fine with anything as long as you think it's best." I was going to move my hand, but Sehun squeezed it so I couldn't move it at all- not that I minded. 
 
Sehun bought a new apartment for us
Nothing could have made me more excited than moving into a new place with him!
Except the fact that I could have used a nice one week notice so I could pack...
Going to school gave me the most anxiety, always scared someone had seen us or found out. 
But after walking into first and second hour and being ignored, everyone seemed normal, so I tried to calm myself down. 
"Hey Luhan!" But there was chemistry, and I was terrified. No one ever called me out to talk, but the one time someone did, was when Sehun would be there. 
"H-huh?" I turned around in class to whoever was calling my name. 
"Luhan!" 
"Oh... What...?" It was the overbearing boys behind me, sitting on the desks and chewing gum like wannabe-rebels. 
"Do you like Professor Oh?" I blushed. 
"What? NO! No way!" 
"Woah, calm down. Neither do we, were planning on making a petition to get him fired." 
IDIOT HE DIDN'T MEAN LIKE AS IN LOVE. I reached out and grabbed Baekhyun's shirt, 
"Baekhyun! Wait, you can't do that!" 
"Huh? But didn't you say you don't like him?" 
"Y-yeah. But it his doesn't seem right..." I didn't know what came over me, but I soon recoiled back into my introverted, shy-self, realizing everyone was staring at me for actually speaking. 
"So you don't like him but don't want him fired?" 
"I don't know..." 
STOP ASKING ME ING QUESTIONS ABOUT SEHUN! 
I'M STARTING TO SWEAT. 
"So you do like him?" 
"No! If anything I hate Professor Oh!" 
"Oh ...he's in the room. Luhan you're toast!" 
WELL ISN'T THAT GREAT.  
Slowly, I turned around without even glancing up at Sehun, who I new had heard my fake declaration of hate. 
 
"What a pleasant way to walk into class. Let's all get one thing straight. For all of you who hate me, it's because you have bad grades, I haven't done anything to cause you to hate me." 
Sehun was pissed, and I couldn't tell if it was fake or not. 
"Wahhh! He's so cool!" 
"I know, he's so handsome today!" 
You dumb girls! 
He's mine! I felt myself heat inside everyone someone fangirled over Sehun- which meant I was over 100 degrees all the time. 
 
"Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and especially you, Chanyeol, all dislike me because I give you D's when you actually deserve F's. I will not tolerate failing students rallying others to fire me just because they don't pay attention." 
"What about Luhan!" 
Shut up, Chanyeol! 
"Luhan, too." 
 
"Luhan has a bad grade?" 
"Maybe he's not as smart as we thought he was!" 
 
Living up to people's expectations- That's all I had. That's all I could do! 
 
"How can you say that?!" 
"Your grade is bad." 
And he's taken it away. 
"So what!" I slammed my hands on my desk, growling at Sehun. 
"You didn't have to tell everyone!" 
"Well if you'd pay attention more often, I wouldn't even have to mention your name." 
"Well then sorry I'm stupid!" Sehun gave me a stern face, and I noticed his eyebrow twitching. 
"Luhan, please sit down." I plopped myself in my seat, starting to feel immense embarrassment for what I had just done- yelled at Sehun. 
We both ended the fight there, not knowing whether the other was acting. 
 
Buzz buzz! 
It was work time, and I was glad. I didn't want to hear Sehun's stupid voice. 
My phone started buzzing. 
Usually, Sehun would take a ringing phone away, but just as it buzzed, he left the room. I knew he heard it, so naturally I got curious. 
I quickly opened it. 
 
From: The Tyrant 
Message: 
I'm very sorry if I hurt your feelings, I wasn't trying to and it was hard for me to say those things, too. But I hope you know that if the students know you have a bad grade in my class, they will be less likely to assume we are dating. 
Don't be too mad, okay? 
Chu~ 
(I'm kissing you as soon as we get home.) 
I blushed immediately, trying to suppress my smile. 
 
'...to assume we are dating.
We're dating! 
How weird! 
 
"Luhan no phones in class." 
"H-huh? Oh-" My cell phone was plucked from my hands by Sehun, but when I looked up at him, he almost smirked a little bit. 
And it horrified me. 
 
Sehun POV: 
I couldn't exactly say I was turning into a teen again- because I never had these feelings as a teen. 
And I couldn't exactly say I was being childish- because I had never even had a childhood to begin with. 
But either way: 
Luhan made me feel young again. 
Not that I was old- 24 wasn't that bad, but I wasn't 17.
17-year-olds should feel giddy and excited over their crush or lover, and by 24, they should feel content with them by their side. 
But because I never went through high school love, never dreamt of romance, all the emotions that I had lacked were hitting me like a hail storm at once. 
 
Butterflies. 
Embarrassment. 
Heart-pounding. 
And of course,
Jealousy. 
 
I never knew how awful jealousy was- but it wasn't just jealousy
I was possessive and even I knew i could be a little overbearing. But I was protective and very unwilling to share Luhan with anyone. 
And I meant anyone.  
Abusing my power as teacher, I always stuck Luhan with a non-threatening partner. 
Abusing my power as guardian, i controlled what he wore. 
No one would ever have the privilege of seeing that smooth skin of his except me! I'd make him swim with sweats and a sweatshirt on if I had to, he was mine! 
So why the hell did I decide to partner him with Baekhyun?! 
Watching Baekhyun making Luhan laugh... And watching Luhan actually show that smile of his to someone other than me! 
HOW DARE HE! HOW DARE BAEK-
"U-um, Professor Oh, are you okay? You're glaring at me." Baekhyun's stupid puzzled face. 
Yes. I was glaring. Because you wouldn't shut the hell up with your lame jokes. 
"Oh, I didn't realize, sorry." Not sorry. 
"Anyways, hey class, let's be done with the partner work and return to your assigned desks to finish the lab." 
"Ughhh..." Yes. Groan while you still can, Baekhyun. This is the last time you'll be with Luhan! 
Before I knew it, I had spent the whole period thinking about Luhan. 
It pissed me off. 
 
"Professor Oh." 
"Oh, Luhan. You're still here?" 
"U-um... Earlier you were staring at me, did I do anything wrong?" Luhan's all too innocent face killed me. I couldn't stay mad at him for something he didn't even do.. 
"Nothing's wrong, go get to your class." 
"Oh, okay! U-um, Sehun?" Luhan whispered to me while looking around to see if anyone was there. Seeing that there was no one, he passed a note to me and smiled, then left. 
 
Hey~ 
I'm sorry that I made you so jealous. I was just laughing with Baekhyun to make it seem like I really did hate you. 
He said your hair made him blind. 
It was funny. 
Don't be too mad, okay? 
Chu~ 
(You'd better kiss me when we get home.) 
 
It was things like this that made me so captivated by Luhan. He had this funny, sarcastic but sweet sense of humor and I couldn't resist laughing at his jokes no matter what they were. 
 
Luhan POV: 
The ride to the new apartment wasn't so bad. Probably around ten minutes, but the traffic made it practically 20 minutes. Our room entrance wasn't inside anymore, but actually outside on a sort of balcony setting. You walk up the steps, then down a hall way with the doors to the left and the outside parking lot down below, to the right. 
 
Room 307. 
"It's huge." 
"Luhan, look at this dishwasher." 
"Sehun stop pushing buttons." 
"Ooh, look at the-" 
"Kris don't touch that." 
"Wow, these paintings are exquisite." 
"Sehun don't drop that." 
"Ooh! The window-"
"Kris stop leaving fingerprints." 
"Ooh and the tv!" 
"Sehun please be an adult." 
I thought my mind was about to explode. 
I mean, they were acting like children! Even if it was a little funny, I was exhausted and didn't want to watch over their every move. 
Sehun was the oldest, and Kris was second, yet somehow, I was stuck being the mother of the two idiots that were jumping around, touching everything in sight. 
Finally when they calmed down, we started bringing things in and telling the movers where things went. 
 
The apartment was much larger than the other one and I felt bad, knowing it was expensive and I didn't help pay. 
"Hey Sehun?" 
"Hmm?" 
"The movers only set up two beds, one in your room and one in Kris'." 
"I know." It had been almost five hours since we started unpacking, it being 10:00, and I was tired as hell. 
 
"Ummm, where did my bed go?" I tilted my head to the side, watching Sehun read his book on his bed." 
"Oh," I walked towards Sehun, 
"There they are! I was looking for my pillows and clothes. Here I'll-" 
"NOPE." Sehun yanked my things away from me, laying on his side like an old grandfather in the countryside. 
"Huh?" 
"I bought this apartment for two reasons only." 
"And that is..?" 
"To kill the suspicion." 
"And?" 
"A bigger room." Sehun raised his eyebrows at me, but the way he was sitting just made him look like a 60 year old and I couldn't help but laugh. 
"Hahaha, you look like a grandfather! Hahahha, ok ok. Sorry, I'm dense. I can't tell if you're trying to be y or if you're actually making me guess." 
"Both. I bought a bigger room so we can share. Why would we sleep in a different bed? Unless you wanted your own, that's fine. I can buy you one-" 
"Ah-no! That's not what I meant, you don't have to buy me anything more." 
"I don't have to, but I want to. It's what makes me happy." 
Don't do that to me, Sehun. 
You're giving things to me that I can't pay you back for, stop making me feel like you're doing all the work in our relationship! 
I've given you my heart... 
What more do I have?! 
"Luhan, you're going to make me upset if you aren't straight with me. What's going though your mind right now?" Sehun patted the bed for me to sit down on, so I did, like an obedient little boy obeying his grandfather. 
"You give me a lot, and I can't do anything for you back."
"I've never asked for anything in return, I do it because I want to." Sehun also sat up, sitting himself next to me. 
"That's not the point. You cook, clean, shop, pay rent, go to work, and somehow still tutor me. Then, you also buy me things and let my friend totally free load! I want to give you something. I want to do something for us, but there is seriously nothing I can do." 
"Is this what you spend time thinking about? Agonizing over every little detail?" 
"Yeah..." 
"That makes me happy." 
"My stress makes you happy?" Ruffling my hair, Sehun smiled his warm smile and got up to turn off the lights. Then, after he closed the door, he pulled me into bed with him. Luckily I was in my sweat pants so I wouldn't have to get out of bed again. I didn't put up any fight because in all honestly, I wanted to be exactly where I was, I had just felt like if I went with it I'd be taking things for granted too much.
I couldn't resist his warmth. 
"It's not that your stress makes me happy, it's the fact that you stress over me. You care about us and that's enough for me."
"That's like saying, 'I bought you this million dollar car, and all I need in return is an air freshener, as long as you had me in mind when you picked it out, I'll be happy.'" 
"Luhan, I don't expect you to give me anything." 
"I just don't want to be a burden on you." 
"You aren't. It's a burden if you constantly think you are one, though. So do me a favor?"
"A favor?" I snuggled closer to Sehun. 
"If you want to do something for me, do the favor." 
"O-okay..." 
"Don't worry about anything, and let me spoil you." 
"But-"
"No buts." 
"...okay." Sehun kissed my forehead and pulled me in closer until our bodies fit together. 
"Goodnight, Luhan." 
"Goodnight, Sehun." 
"Ah-" 
"Told you I'd kiss you when we got home." I could feel Sehun smiling after he planted a gentle kiss on my lips. 
Sehun... 
You're too much for me. 
 
I think I'm really starting to fall in love with you. 
 
Sehun POV: 
"Sehun come on! We're late again! We will definitely be caught this time because now we have to walk into class together." 
"I'm coming. You really like to nag these days." I slipped my shoes on, happy that I had someone to constantly nag and happy that it was Luhan. 
"Okay, you have your backpack?" I poked Luhan's cheek, even though he clearly was wearing his backpack. 
"Yes. Not funny." 
"Haha. It is though." 
"Sehun? Well good morning!" 
Half my mind told me to open the door and run back inside, but the other half was actually an adult, so I stayed. 
 
"Dr. Kim, good morning. You live here?" 
"Yes, looks like we're neighbors! Why so formal? Just call me Jongin. I saw someone moving in yesterday but I was swamped with work. Jongin put his arm around me, just for me to immediately brush it off. 
"Hi, I'm Jongin- oh, you're a school boy?"   
My stomach cramped.