Safe... For Now

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV: 

"You can't fail a class!" 
"Ow! Stop!" 
"YOU'RE FAILING CHEMISTRY!" My lungs burned for air, but each time I tried to breath, the air was knocked out of me by a kick. 
"St-stop.." I though for sure I would die. 
"You should have died instead of your mother!" 
I knew that. 
"AHH!" A bottle over my head, a kick to my side, it hurt every time no matter how frequent it was. I was used to the beating and used to the pain, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt.
"Father!" He stood with a cold face, no sympathy for his child. 
"I'm going to make things right!" He picked up a broken piece of glass from the floor and stumbled towards me. With all my might, I stood up and eyes the green shard. 
He had slapped me in the face, pushed me to the ground, kicked me in the side, the back, the face and the stomach.. 
I was scared for my life. 
"Dad, please!" I started walking towards my room in tears, slowly, knowing that if I ran, he'd run too. 
"YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO DIE!" 
"Father just.. Don't.." Even if my will to live wasn't that strong, I didn't want to be murdered. 
"I hate you!" I knew he hated me but my heart still fell when he said it. It hurt more each time he said it, it seemed. 
He came at me. 
Faster than lighting, I sped into my room and slammed the door, locking it tight. Pounding came from both the door and my chest- I didn't know which was louder. My father yelled a few times and cursed at me in Chinese, then finally left me alone after kicking the door. 
Melting to the ground, I cried. 
No.
I whaled. 
Never had I been that terrified of him in my life.. Never ha-
BANG! 
I jumped out of my skin when the door was pounded.
"LET ME IN!" 
He was going to break down the door. I stood back, limping to the side of my bed, to the right of the door. 
"GO AWAY!" I screamed at him, feeling hatred flare up inside of me. 
BANG! 
BANG! 
The door began to give. 
"STOP IT!" I continued to scream even though my father couldn't hear me, his intoxication blocking me out. He was cursing and yelling at me as I sweated through my shirt. 
My phone. 
Where was my phone? I painfully dug in my pockets and pulled it out, but then just standing there. Kris wasn't even in Korea and there was no one else to call, no one else that cared. I tucked my hand into my pocket and sighed as the crumpled napkin fell out of my pocket. 
I opened the napkin and hesitated only for a moment, but then I heard father beat the door again and I began typing the numbers into my phone with shaky hands. My whole body was numb but yet I could still feel my burning lungs and the warm blood on my skin. 
Was I was going to die by the hands of my own father?
Was one who gave me life going to end it? 
"Father stop it!" I guess my father was throwing himself at the door, and he was powerful. 
"! Father stop!" Tucking my head into my knees with my phone to my ear, the door began to crack.  
 
'Hel-'
'Help me!' 
'Luhan, what's wrong?" 
 
I screamed at the top of my lungs into the phone. I was not going to die by the hands of my father. I was not! 
I held the phone to my wet cheek and screamed as I feared the door would soon break,
 
'HE'S GOING TO KILL ME!' 
 
Professor Oh POV: 
When I arrived at the Luhan's home and knocked, it took a few minutes for someone to come and unlock it. 
A man who I assumed was Luhan's father opened the door and the smell of alcohol consumed me. 
It was putrid.
"What do you want?" He was intoxicated for sure. 
"Is Luhan home?" 
"Why do you want him?" 
"I'm his teacher an-"
"No. He isn't home." 
"May I come in? I'm here to talk about his homework." In any other situation, it would be rude for me to ask to come in, but his father seemed too intoxicated to notice. 
"He's not home!" The door was then shut, but not all the way. My foot ached a little from the slam, but I kept it wedged in the door. 
Luhan was home. 
 
Luhan POV: 
"It will only take a moment." For the first time in my whole life, I was relieved to hear Professor Oh's voice. It was recognizable through my door and I could tell my father was trying to make him leave. 
"He's not home!" I was home, don't leave me, Professor Oh. 
"Professor.." I was panting even though I hadn't been running, out of breath just by trying to yell. 
"Professor Oh! ..oh damn it.." 
I scooted towards the door and laid leaned against the wall, next to the opening. 
"I'm... I'm here.." 
Silence. 
Then a loud boom, making the floor vibrate, and footsteps, closer and closer. 
Had my father knocked out Professor Oh? 
Surely he was coming to punish me.. 
Surely I'd die. 
The footsteps were nearing me and my heart seemed to beat to the rhythm of them. 
Tap tap! 
"Luhan?" 
"Professor Oh?" 
"Open the door, it's safe." 
"I can't.."
"Why not?" His muffled voice was deep from outside the door.
"I can barely move.." 
"Where are you?" 
"Um.." I took a breath, 
"The side of my door." 
"Move away from the door." I did as he asked without questioning, after being beaten, I was in no mood to banter, even though many insults came to mind. 
"Okay..." 
"Are you away?"
"Yeah." I had only backed up a few inches from where I was, but I was still out of the door's way. 
BAM!
The door was forcefully broken in, a leg swinging down from it. Professor Oh peaked inside, looking angry. 
I probably had bothered him.. Asking him to come here and help me. 
He was probably in the middle of something and I was just interrupting him with my petty life misfortunes. 
I suddenly grew embarrassed. 
When his eyes landed on me and our eyes met, he stormed over and picked me up from the ground, carrying me in his arms. He lifted me with ease, not struggling for a second. I was a lean guy, but I didn't weigh 10 pounds.. His strength surprised me. My body ached and a few groans left my mouth, but I said nothing. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I tried to keep it up, but it was too painful. 
"Just relax." and my arms were clinging to his shirt collar. I felt like if I let go, he'd drop me. 
"Close you eyes." Professor Oh didn't even look at me as he spoke, just stared into the hallway. 
"Why?"
"Don't ask me questions." I obeyed. 
With my eyes shut, I felt the movement of him walking. Up and down, up and down, until the smell of alcohol was gone. I knew we were in the hall now, but I kept my eyes close. 
If I opened, would it be a dream? 
I was afraid that if I opened my eyes, I would get beaten again. 
Professor Oh saved my life, and I didn't know where he was taking me, but I didn't care. 
I was safe.. 
For the mean time. 
 
Professor Oh POV: 
It disturbed me where Luhan lived. 
No, not where he lived, how he lived. 
I was dumbfounded. 
When I walked inside, the counters were full of alcohol bottles and the floors were scattered with broken glass. It seemed like there was a haze of smoke lingering inside, although I couldn't smell any cigarettes. His home was a mess, if one could even call it a home. I placed Luhan in my car and began driving to my apartment. Maybe it was the silent car ride or maybe his body was exhausted, but either way, Luhan  immediately he fell asleep. Luckily, I lived near by Luhan and so it only took 9-10 minutes to get to my apartment. The rain began to pour as I drove into the parking garage. 
"W..wait.." He was awake. 
"What?" 
"Where.." Luhan sat up as if he had been asleep for thousands of years, 
"My apartment." I got out of my car and opened Luhan's door, picking him up again. His body felt so brittle in my arms, I was scared I would break him. 
"I'm okay, really.. So-"
"Stop. We both know that you may have been killed if I didn't come, don't pretend like you're strong. You're not." Sure, I was harsh. But I didn't know what else to say, he was so young and naive, I had to be straightforward. 
 
Luhan POV: 
I wasn't scared. 
I wasn't nervous either.. 
I was relieved. 
For the time being, I allowed myself to relax, knowing that I was safe. 
It was strange that I could let my guard down so easily in front of the teacher I hated the most, but I could. As Professor Oh set me on his black sofa, I noticed how gentle he was with me. Then he left and came back with clothes and a first aid kit, and I noticed how caring he was. 
I thought to myself then, 
'Maybe he isn't so bad after all.' 
At that moment, I decided I wouldn't hate Professor Oh anymore. Still, his mysterious eyes made me question my decision. 
"Let me take off your clothes so I can bandage you." 
"No way." Professor Oh glared at me with his usual irritated face,
"Now." 
"I'm not getting in front of you." My body was still aching and I wondered why he had let my semi-dried blood stains on his couch, but I was not about to show him my body. 
"I took anatomy in college. I won't be surprised." Still a smart . 
"That's not the point." 
"I'm just your teacher, it doesn't matter. I'm not doing anything wrong because if I don't help you, your cuts might get infected. Stop being childish." 
"You could have just taken them off."
"You'd could report me for being a e. I need your consent, hurry up. I can see you being infected as we speak." 
Show Professor Oh my body to- 
"Wait do I have to be totally ?" "I'm going to poor rubbing alcohol on you to cleanse you if you don't let me take your clothes of in 10, 9, 8-" 
"Okay, okay. Fine." His hands met the seam of my shirt and pulled up, revealing my pale, imperfect skin. 
Did I just escape death to be violated?!