The Hike Pt.1

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV: 

Every year, there is a winter and summer field trip, but because of budget cuts, they ended up doing ours in spring. Today was the day I'd find out what group I was in, and I was not mentally prepared for the stupidity and bullying I'd have to endure for a whole 4 days. Since I was a third year, I would either be on the blue, red or green team, and from then on, we'd have to do bonding activities, room together and even worse- get to know one another. It was gross... All of my classmates were either jerks, slobs or just complete morons. 
"The lists have been posted, feel free to check at lunch." My hands were sweating as I approached the list, whoever was on my team and was my roommate would determine my wellbeing on the trip.
 
Green team: 
Byun Baekhyun 
Zhang Yixing 
Park Chanyeol 
Kim Suho 
Oh Han
 
...ING OH HAN? THEY CHOSE TO USE MY LEGAL NAME NOW?
NO.
"Oh Han? Who is that?" I quickly ran up to the board after grabbing a sharpie and changed the name, 
Lu Han
That was better. 
Even if my last name wasn't supposed to have been changed to 'Oh', for some reason, it always showed up as Oh. But looking at my group... I was going to be the one left out. Not because they disliked me, or I disliked them, but because Baekhyun had Chanyeol, and Suho had Yixing. It was going to be me alone.. I sighed as I walked down the hall to homeroom- which I really didn't want to go to because he was there. 
"Professor Oh, who's team are you chaperoning?" The girls drooled over him, obviously because they were lusting over his body. I'd said it in my head many times, but Sehun was gorgeous. No matter what happened, or what scandalous things Sehun was pulled into, the girls remained loyal.  They just thought of him as a 'bass ' teacher, and once the rumors spread that we had - yes those rumors spread, the girls just wanted to have with him. 
How scandalous, having with a teacher. 
"Did you chose your own team?" 
"Yes." Sehun had an unamused face going, but no one else except me noticed. 
"So which one did you choose?"
"The green team of course." 
"Aww, why? Is it because Luhan's on the green team?" She didn't try at all to hide her jealousy, glaring at me with fire in her eyes. 
"No, it's because I didn't want to chaperone a group of girls, they are the only group of all boys." Liar. Secretly inside though, I was happy. I was able to spend some more time with Sehun, even if it was as his student. 
 
A Week Later-
Luhan POV:
"Byun Baekhyun!" 
"Here!" 
"Park Chanyeol!" 
"Here."
"Luhan." 
"Here." Obviously. Sehun was looking right at me. It was about 7:00PM and we were leaving for our trip- and naturally I was sitting alone in the front of the bus, but I didn't mind. Now though, I wished I had sat alone in the back, because Sehun was sitting right by me- obviously on purpose. It wasn't that I hated him... It was just hard being close to him because I wanted him so much. He claimed all the seats were full, and even if they were full, Sehun purposely sat down after everyone got on just to be by me. 
What a jerk, expecting me to be alone. 
"Luhan, the bus ride is around two hours, you should sleep." What Sehun meant was: 'I know you get bus sick and I'm worried, I want you to sleep so you don't get sick.' It was nice, even if we weren't together, it was nice that Sehun still cared for me the way I cared for him. 
"Thanks for letting me know... I will sleep." 
 
Baekhyun POV: 
We were about an hour into the bus ride and it was getting dark, but even from the back of the bus, I could see Professor Oh watching Luhan sleep. At one point, Luhan's head fell onto Professor Oh's shoulder, and I watched as Professor Oh smiled. 
It was strange. 
I'd never seen Professor Oh smile in my life, but he managed to smile when the one he loved was near him. But it ended quickly once Professor Oh gently moved Luhan's head off of his shoulder and changed seats. 
My heart dropped. 
If they were together, of course Professor Oh would let Luhan lay on his shoulder, but because of us, because of me, Professor Oh had to watch the one he loved from afar. 
Yeah.. Even after Professor Oh changed seats to sit with a chaperone- who was sleeping, he watched Luhan. I wanted to get to know Luhan, but I also wanted to try to give them alone time on the field trip, knowing that they loved one another, and needed to be with each other. 
 
Luhan POV: 
This was the worst. It was 9:00PM, and I was alone in my room. The little dorms weren't actually that bad, but it was a traditional Korean home, so a soft mat (but not really soft) was what we had to sleep on, and the doors were thin as paper. 
"Luhan!" But even worse, 
"Come on! We're getting in the bath!" We only had time to bathe from 9-10PM- in the hot springs. If I wasn't so concerned about greasy hair and smelling bad, I would have skipped bathing all together. But since I couldn't put off my hygiene, I grabbed a towel and followed after Baekhyun- who had basically clinged to me since we arrived, to the hot springs.
"Ahh the water is so warm! Come on Luhan!" The sky was dark already, but the lights from inside lit the hot springs and I could see steam rising off of the milky looking water. Casually, but nervously, I stripped off my clothes, sitting down when I took my underwear off so I could slide in. But of course, since my luck was so great, everyone had seen me slip, my flopping around until the splash covered me underneath.
"...AHAHAHHAHA LUHAN!" Yes. It was funny, haha. Ha. I rolled my eyes at Baekhyun, who was with Chanyeol and Suho, and made my way to the other side of the water. Baekhyun and his friends really were not as bad as I thought. Although the they were all clingy, they left me alone when I wanted to be left alone and I appreciated that. I hadn't had time to adjust to the water, but it felt good, making my skin hot. When I awoke on the bus, Sehun was not next to me anymore and it did make me feel sad inside- actually, I hadn't seen him since we'd gotten dropped off at our rooms. Things between us had been... Complicated. I loved him, he loved me, but yet we acted so awkward around one another and it made me wonder how in the world we were going to begin dating again. Those few months I had with him, once we got into a routine, it was perfect. We didn't even need a routine, I loved the spontaneous nature of our relationship and I just kept on wondering if those good days would ever return to us. I closed my eyes and slipped deeper into the water, my sigh creating bubbles. Luckily, there was a rock I could hide behind to wash myself without anyone seeing... Or so I thought. 
 
Sehun POV: 
Why did I pick the green team? Because of Luhan, of course. There was the fact that I didn't want him being bullied, and there was also the fact that I was worried because he was put with Baekhyun and his rambunctious friends- but then there was also the fact that I loved him and wanted to be with him, even if I couldn't be with him.
One of the downsides of being a teacher was that we had to watch every movement of our kids, but as long as Luhan was the one I had to watch, I didn't mind. 
"Is the water nice?" Luhan shot his eyes open to look at me, suddenly getting embarrassed. 
"Yeah..." I'd actually been watching him for a few moments, watching how his eyes fluttered so gently the way they did when he slept. But I knew if I kept staring, I'd lose control and not be able to stop myself from taking him away. 
"Maybe I'll join you." I almost laughed, watching Luhan bulge his eyes and slowly move away from me. The place we were staying was a traditional Korean home- but a larger, hotel style type. They offered traditional robes for us, so naturally, I wore one. It was one for a casual wear, and it was very comfortable, but Luhan had never seen me in one and of course- I looked good. Luhan couldn't look away.
"No!"
"No?"
"No, I mean, you can get in, but um, I'm done..."
"Haha," I smiled a genuine smile, 
"I was joking, I'm not getting in." Although I wanted to. Luhan looked really beautiful, his milky skin was whiter than the water, and the steam made his cheeks flush. One day, after he graduated, I'd take him to a hot springs so I could see him like this again, only I'd be with him.
"Just don't stay in the water for too long, it might feel nice, but it's still very hot." I walked away, but not too far away, just into the next room where I sat down. Damn the thin doors because I had to sit with my back away from Luhan, so others wouldn't see me staring at him. Damn society and all their laws, I wanted Luhan. 
I must have been too into my book, but when I checked the time, a half hour had already passed. I'd have to do room checks soon and I had to mentally prepare myself for the pit of stupidity I was about to walk into when I opened the door of Luhan's room. Sighing, I stood up and made my way down the wooden floored hallway and turned the corner to the Green Team's room. Each time stayed in one part of the hotel, and I was very unlucky that I had the west wing. Not only was it smallest, but it was also the only part without AC- and it was hot. 
"Green team, open up." The door flung open and I stood face to face with Baekhyun, who had the ugliest expression on his face. 
"Room Checks." 
"Okay, some of them are already asleep." The room was actually neat when I came in, and to my surprise, Luhan was sleeping next to Yixing. Before anyone could catch me staring though, I quickly scanned the room for everyone and then put a check on my list.  Sadly, I had to wake Luhan and Yixing to tell them the schedule, and they sure did look grumpy when they woke up. 
"Tomorrow is a hiking day, everyone must be up by 8:00, okay?" Everyone moaned even thought it wasn't that early.
"Breakfast is at 8:30, and group bonding after that. Lunch is at noon, and free time is until dinner at 6:00. Then, by 7:00 we should be out hiking. I'll explain the reason of hiking tomorrow." I sighed and put away my schedule, stepping out of the room. 
"Lights out everyone." I looked right at Luhan when I spoke,
"Goodnight." Because my goodnight was meant for him. 
 
Luhan POV: 
A hiking scavenger hunt, huh? 
Some scavenger hunt. 
Not only was it dark, but my feet hurt.
Oh, and I was lost...
AND ALONE. 
"Stupid field trip!" I walked around, assuming it was around 9:00. It was probably 8:30 when I had gotten lost- no, WHEN I WAS LEFT BEHIND. Everyone split up, and I was with Suho. Suddenly, we had heard something moving and we ran away, but apparently in different directions. So here I was, with only a flashlight in the woods, alone, cold, in the dark. 
This . 
"Hello?! Suho! Anyone?!" No one. 
"HELLO?!" Yes... I was alone. 
Crack! 
"H-hello?" Whatever moved continued closer to me, and I felt like I was about to pee myself from fear. So I started running. 
Sehun... Won't you save me like you always do?