Missing Something Out Of Reach

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV:

"Hey Luhan?" 
"What? Oh. Baekhyun."
"Is it okay if I sit next to you?" It had only been two days since Sehun and I ended our relationship, and I still was confused about everything since my brain wouldn't let me think about it without just crashing. 
"It's fine." And, I was still on the edge about Baekhyun. In a way, I was glad that Baekhyun new, because now, I could finally know that if something happened in class, someone had my back. 
And I definitely needed it, especially during chemistry.
"Ow!" Of course, it was normal for me to be teased and bullied by popular kids, but getting things thrown at me wasn't exactly an area of expertise for me. 
"Hey! Stop throwing things at him!" Baekhyun, who thankfully was a popular kid, turned around and chucked an eraser back at some guy behind me, and of course knowing my luck, it was just as Sehun walked in. 
"Baekhyun, sit down right now. If you throw one more thing I will send you to the office."
"But-"
"No buts." 
"He did it to help me, that's all. It's my fault, really." I was at fault just because I was me. Sehun looked at me without giving me an extra thought, and then looked away. Even if he was thinking a million things, I wouldn't know. The hard part about pretending to not be involved with each other was that I had to act like we didn't have a past. I had to look like I was in love with him without really being in love- and Sehun had to act like he wasn't in love at all. The truth was, I already told everyone I loved Sehun in the lunch room, and it was looked less down upon if a student was crushing on a teacher. But Sehun, even though he loved me, he had to act like he didn't, which meant giving me the cold shoulder. 
It hurt quite a lot, even though I knew Sehun didn't mean to hurt me. 
"I need someone to bring these papers to the office."
"Luhan volunteers!" No, I didn't. But because everyone hated me, I was always the volunteer. 
"I'll do it, then." I didn't want to argue anymore, it was tiresome, so I just got up and took the papers. Constantly, I wished I knew what Sehun had going on inside his head, but knowing I'd never figure it out, I walked out the door with the stack of papers. 
"AH!" 
"Watch it!" I flew to the floor, my face crashing to the ground. All I could hear were the papers flying around me, and the kid who pushed me running away. Ignoring the burning sensation in my nose, I scurried to clean up the mess. I didn't want Sehun to see me and assume I was clumsy. 
The office was empty, which it normally was, so I just dropped the papers off and left, hurrying back to class since I'd just... 
What the... 
"WOAH! LUHAN! THERE'S BLOOD ALL OVER YOU!" Standing in the door way, I brought my hand up to my face, examining the red blood that it had just touched. Sure enough, I'd gotten a bloody nose from falling down. 
Great. 
"I'm gong to the infirmary." Not even looking at Sehun, I dashed out of the room, feeling completely embarrassed that I had just shown up to class with blood all over my hand and face. 
"Dr. Kim?"
"Woah! Is that ever a nose bleed. Come here." Jongin the water and helped me wash off my hand, then had me dab some of the excess blood off my face before giving me a tissue to clamp my nose with. I was ordered to put my head down on the table, so I did. The taste of iron filled my taste buds, causing my stomach churn. I'd always hated the taste of blood, every since my father hit me and made me bleed. 
Getting a nose bleed was really the last thing I needed. 
Attention
 
Sehun POV: 
"I'm going to go collect your homework from the office, sit tight." Haha, no I wasn't. I walked briskly down to the infirmary and practically busted open the door. Luhan had walked into class with a serious bloody nose, and it made me really worried about him. 
"Luhan. Hey, how are you? What happened?" Luhan looked up at me, but quickly looked away. It made me sad that he barely looked at me anymore. 
"Professor Oh, I'm fine. I just fell in the hallway, you should go back to class."
"L-"
"Dr. Kim!" Luhan called for Jongin, who appeared a moment later. 
"Yes? Oh, hi Sehun."
"Dr. Kim, I feel dizzy. I'm going to lay down for a little." 
"Oh, okay. Feel free to pull the curtain." I watched as Luhan, who was completely ignoring me, stood up and began to walk over to a bed. 
"Wait, Luhan. Don't just leave, are you going to be okay?" 
"Of course." 
"I mean, because of the blood and, you know." Luhan hated blood, because of his father. 
"Sorry Professor Oh, I don't know what you're talking about." And just like that, he disappeared. 
So we were really over, huh.
Right then and there, I felt my heart snap. The world was cruel really, taking Luhan from me right after I caught him. 
 
Baekhyun POV: 
Did I feel bad? Yes. 
Did I feel guilty? Yes. 
Did I want to just burry myself in a hole? YES. 
I WAS SUCH AN IDIOT! I still couldn't get over the fact that I totally crushed Luhan and Professor Oh's relationship. Like, sure it was weird, but I liked Luhan, and then I totally crushed him! 
"I'm such a bad person." I banged my head against the lunch table, thinking about what I did over and over again. 
"Hey, hey, you didn't know. You were only trying to help." Chanyeol patted my back, although it didn't comfort me. 
"No, I don't think so. I think I was just waiting for a time when I could repay Luhan for what he did for us, so I made a bad situation up. I'm really the worst." In all honesty, now that they were broken up, I noticed a difference in how they acted. Before, when they were dating I guess, Sehun would pick on Luhan quite a lot, but now, it was like he wouldn't dare , he even look at Luhan. And when he did, Sehun has this overly depressed face, and I just hated myself more. I did notice a couple months ago that Luhan had seemed more interactive, more perky, but after their break up, it's was like he slummed back down to where he was before. Luhan had this blank expression on his face, and I always wondered what went on inside his head. 
"Do you think he hates me, Chanyeol?"
"Probably. I wouldn't blame him... But I also think that you had the best intentions." Chanyeol had a tendency to be brutally honest, which was not always bad, but sometimes I just wants to hear him lie to make me feel better. 
Chanyeol and I met in middle school, and let me just say, we hated each other's guts. I was straight back then, and so was he. After I obtained a girlfriend, a girl whom I thought he had a crush on, Chanyeol and I started arguing, wrestling, thinking we were super cool fighting over a girl- one that neither of us really liked. Well, one day, I ended up getting a bloody nose and Chanyeol, being a softy, and the worlds biggest push over, invited me to his home (probably so I wouldn't go home and call the school, which would get Chanyeol in trouble.) In the end, Chanyeol wasn't that bad after all. His father died from a sudden heart attack when he was 6, and his mother was a good mom. She loved him a lot, and he let her. That's probably what made me fall for Chanyeol, the way he was with family. I lived with my mom, too, and she was also a good mother, but we just weren't as close as we could, or should have been. My father and mother split up just the previous year, and I think that was why I hated Chanyeol. After the divorced, I was filled with a ton of hate and had no where for it to go. And since Chanyeol seemed hate able, I decided to hate him. 
Chanyeol and I grew awkward around one another after the bloody nose incident. Something changed inside of me, and I broke up with my girlfriend (it wasn't even serious) because I thought I didn't like her anymore, even though I'd never liked her- But my true intentions stayed buried inside until my first year in high school. I realized that I broke up with her so Chanyeol could have her so he'd be happy, but then I grew conflicted because I also broke up with her so I'd be single, so I could have Chanyeol. Then one fateful evening on our winter school field trip, I fell into a pond. Of course, like any other love story, Chanyeol saved me,  diving into the icy water. That moment was when I really knew that I loved him. His voice was so deep, but every word that came out was coated with kindness. Chanyeol warmed me up by the heater inside the lodge with his arms around me, and when I woke up, he still had his arms around me. I think from then on, well for me at least, that was when I knew that he was the one for me. Kind, gentle, smart and caring, it was every ideal trait packed into one person. 
 
"Hey, Chanyeol? Can I tell you a secret?" 
I remember my confession so clearly. 
 
"I think I love you." I knew I loved him. 
 
"I love you, too." Somehow, so did he
 
Chanyeol was extremely hard to read. He always looked unamused, and had a blank expression across his face. And he was dense. Probably the most sense person I'd ever met, so if I wanted something, or had to tell him something, it had to be straight up, no 'read between the lines.' I remember that Chanyeol told me he'd loved me ever since I fell into the pond, saying that he was so scared that I would die or get hurt, he knew that his feelings ran deeper than just friends. So we dated. I wanted to know what he felt, and why he loved me, but I knew Chanyeol was not one to express their feelings through words, but rather show it through actions. Sometimes, I was unsure about Chanyeol's feelings, since I was the one that confessed. Sure, we'd been together for three years, but I still doubted myself. But then again, Chanyeol would have told me if he didn't love me, I knew that. Right? 
"Chanyeol, do you still love me?" 
"What?" 
"Do you?" 
"Of course. You're being weird." Yeah, he was right. I was being weird. But a lot of things had been weird lately- but why the hell was I even thinking about the things bad in my life when I totally flipped Luhan's upside down? 
"UGH!" I smashed my head (by accident) on the table.
"Baekhyun?" 
"I'm such a jerk!" Chanyeol patted my back while agreeing with me. 
"No!" I say up quickly, turning to Chanyeol, 
"No?" 
"I'm going to make things right, Chanyeol! Just you watch!" With that, I stood up and marched out of the lunch room, ready for the new week. 
I was going to protect Luhan if it was the last thing I ever did! I owed him that. 
 
Luhan POV:
As I was walking through the hallway, skipping lunch, I started thinking about Sehun. It was hard not to think about Sehun. Actually, it was hard to think about anything but Sehun. It really felt like my heart had bursted into a million pieces and there was nothing I could do but watch the pieces drift away. When I thought about my memories with Sehun, I smiled even though most of them were sad, because they always had a happy ending. 
 
Flashback: 
"That was a good movie! Did you like it, Sehun?" I sat in the car on the way back to our home after watching a crazy action movie.
"It was fine." 
"Oh? You didn't like it? I liked the part when Joon smashed the car! The FX was amazing. Did you-" 
"I don't want to waste my time talking about a movie that I didn't want to go to. It's pointless." It was true that I bought the tickets, they were originally for Kris and I, but I guess I had made Sehun go because Kris couldn't. 
I suppose he didn't want to after all.
End of flashback. 
 
I remembered when we went to our first and last movie. Even though Sehun was really mean to me in the car, he noticed my change in emotions like he always did, and we stopped for ice cream. Sehun didn't like sweets, but he knew I loved them. It wasn't that Sehun bought my love, I'd love him if he was poor. But I knew that it was just his way of saying I'm sorry- he didn't use words much. 
 
Flashback: 
"Why aren't you saying anything? You've been like this all day, Sehun." I walked in the door to an dark house with a Sehun standing in the doorway. He just stared at me. 
"Seriously, the silent treatment? You're supposed to be the adult."
"And you're supposed to be home on time." 
"I am! It was just this once Why do you always baby me?! I'm sick of it!" Sehun had been ignoring me ever since class that day. Why didn't he say anything?
"Why do you do this to me?! Every time something happens you just it in and don't talk to me!" 
"Well would you rather I yell at you, curse you out and cause you to cry? It makes more sense if I don't say a word, because even if I did speak, you wouldn't listen." 
End of flashback. 
 
That was probably one of the most painful memories, way back from when I first moved in. We'd just started adjusting to one another, and it was a bit of a challenge since we didn't know how the other exactly worked. I stormed into my room, and when I woke up in the morning, Sehun was there in bed with me, holding me in his arms. That had really freaked me out, and he used the excuse of 'he drank too much and got lost.' It was before he confessed to me... So I really just thought he was weird. Later, once we started dating, Sehun explained that he was jealous and that was why he didn't say anything, because I would have been mad he was jealous. But... It actually made me happy. The fact that he was jealous over me, I was genuinely happy. And the fact that he was so sad that he climbed into bed with me? Adorable. 
Kris always said to me that Sehun didn't treat me right, but he was wrong. Sure, Sehun could be mean, but he always, always made up for it.
I realized that all of my bad memories with Sehun had happy endings, and those happy endings were the best moments of my life. 
 
As I watched Sehun walk down the hall, my chest tightened and my eyes stung.
"I miss you." 
I missed him so much, and it had only been two days.