Disaster Pt.1

Professor Oh and I
Luhan POV: 
"Is something wrong, Sehun?" Sehun had been making strange faces since we left this morning, and I was worried something happened. 
"Just some stress from work, that's all." That wasn't all.
"You seem really upset though... Are you sure you don't want to tell me?" 
"It's nothing, don't pry. It's none of your concern." Every time Sehun got short with me, it was because something really wrong was going on. Sehun used to be snappy and sassy towards me 24/7, treating like some idiot off the street. But after we began dating, he softened. I actually believe Sehun was a softy from the beginning, but only towards people he trusted. And Sehun trusted me. Yet, no matter how many times I told him I wanted to know his feelings... He'd never tell me. 
It made me a little sad. 
 
Sehun POV: 
As if I could tell Luhan that someone at school knew about us, and I'd been getting blackmailed. It'd been about a month since the letters started landing on my office desk. 
 
"I will tell the whole school unless you quit your job." 
 
Well .
The whole school. 
For the first time, I didn't know what to do. Would the blackmailer actually tell everyone? I fear that one day, the news would be spread through the speakers in the school, and I didn't doubt that it could happen either. It was the most uncomfortable situation for me. Everyone I saw in the halls could have been the one sending letters and emails, and I wouldn't know. Of course I couldn't call the police, simply because I'd be arrested instead. I wondered if Luhan knew because he'd been looking really nervous, especially today- He seemed strange. 
"Come on, let's go." There was already snow on the ground, and even more floating down from the sky. At least Luhan and I both liked winter, otherwise we might have been going crazy from the freezing weather. Even so... I wanted hold his hand to warm it, or put my arm around his shoulders to warm him- I just wanted to touch him. The hardest part of my day was saying goodbye to him and watching him walk away to his first class- even if I'd see him in two hours. Luhan would never know how hard these things were on me, never showing my affection in public when tons of thirsty men were watching him, too. Although he thought he was unattractive, many others notice what I noticed long ago, and that scared me. Luhan was adorable, and that meant vulnerable. The blackmailer could have been someone who was interested in L-
"Professor Oh, What are these... What are these?!" Frantically, Luhan held up a piece of paper, one of many hanging around, and immediately began to cry. 
 
"Professor Oh ually harasses Luhan"
 
Was written on every poster, along with a picture of us...
", Luhan." I covered my mouth, looking at the picture, that made it seem like I was forcing Luhan to kiss me. If it had been taken five seconds later, Luhan's arms would have been around me. 
Why? 
Why did this have to happen now, just when things were getting better?
"Let's hurry, come on!" Luhan began tearing down the posters, but I knew it was too late. Staff would have seen them, and we had less than five minutes before the students would flood the halls to look at the posters, where my face and luhan's face was undeniably in. But I let Luhan rip them down, I let him freak out because I didn't know what to do in order to comfort him. 
I was scared myself. 
"Sehun! Help me! Why won't you help me?!" His voice carried all the way down he halls, just as the front doors opened. I was afraid to turn around, I'd never felt so much anxiety in my life. 
"Good morning, Luhan, Sehun." 
"Jongin!" My heart began to beat again. Luhan ran up to Jongin, his face looking as if he'd just seen a ghost. I felt nauseous. 
"You gotta help me! Please! Look at these posters, help me take them down!" Luhan ran off again. Ripping papers off lockers, off walls- they were everywhere, Luhan yet Jongin and I only stared at one another. Jongin looked extremely worried, and I knew I looked mortified. We both were aware that there were too many papers, even if we were to try, it was too late. Just as the doors opened, letting the first of the students come in, I ran to Luhan and grabbed him, pulling him with me into the infirmary. 
Luhan would be absent from school today. 
I couldn't comfort him when I was scared too, but I could try to protect him. 
"Sehun, wh-"
"Stay here with Jongin today, I'm going to take care of it."
"No! I- please. Don't leave me here alone today." Luhan's pleading face, I didn't want to leave him, I never did, but I had to. 
"Stay. Here." I hugged him tightly before leaving, not wanting to let go of his familiar shape. After I closed the door, I watched Jongin walk towards me, and then watched the students walk past me. They stared at the posters, and then stared at me. Each wall had at least 5 printouts, but every other locker had one, too. They were everywhere. 
What was I going to do? 
 
Luhan POV: 
How could this happen to us?
"Luhan, is there anything I can do to help?" Jongin quickly opened and closed the infirmary door, locking it behind him. 
"Sehun is going to lose his job... Oh, Jongin, What do I do? I'm so scared!" I couldn't help but cry, wanting to sink into the floor and die. 
"I have to go to him!" I tried to run, but Jongin caught me and held me back, 
"Woah there. Look, I'm not going to try and say things that aren't true to comfort you, Luhan. This situation is just the worst thing that could happen. But I can tell you that if you love Sehun, do as he tells you and don't argue."
"But-"
"No! Stay put. Do you hear me?" The morning bell rang, which meant homeroom. Which meant he had kids in his class, how could I not be there? Sehun must have been going through hell, and I wanted to go through it with him. 
"You stay here, Luhan. I have work to do, but please just stay put." Jongin unlocked the door and left me alone again, alone to cry and sink into the grave I was digging myself. I sat on the ground, with my knees to my chest, rocking back and fourth like I was having a melt down. I sat on the bed, punching and throwing the pillows like I was having a temper tantrum. After I heard the second bell, and no sign of Jongin, I cried even harder. I went into the closet and screamed, screamed like I just lost someone that I deeply loved, because I felt like I did. 
Sehun would surely lose his job, and I'd be- I didn't give a where I'd be! 
I'd make things right, for his sake. 
I had a plan. 
 
Sehun POV: 
"So today, we're going to find out who posted this in school." Giving everyone the most powerful glare I had, mustering it up from the blazing fire of my soul, I slammed my hands down on the desk, the paper beneath my palm. 
"You'd better start talking, now." 
"It's obvious it's you two. Isn't this illegal?" 
"I can't believe you harass him." The class began to whisper.
"I do not harass Luhan. This picture was obviously photoshopped."
"We can report you, you know." 
"Yeah, we can get you fired and probably arrested for this!" 
"Everyone sit down! And be quiet!" Everyone say back down, and for a moment they just stared. For the first time, the stare of others frightened me. 
"It's disgusting, you know. Touching a kid that's your student. That's just wrong." 
"That's enough." 
"Luhan's so helpless. You're sick for taking advantage of him." 
"I said that's enough, Baekhyun!" Practically gritting my teeth, holding my anger back, I glared at Baekhyun- who was seated in Luhan's seat.
"But it's true, right? You and Luhan. I mean- you forcing Luhan? I thought you were more of a... y woman kind of guy. Never thought you'd be into high school boys."
"Baekhyun, I said that's eno-" 
"Or maybe it's because he's special? Do you love him? Did you beg him to date you, and now you meet secretly? I can see it now, Luhan being too helpless to say no to your grabby hands, it's all in the picture." 
"Baekhyun." 
"That's why you offered to be his tutor, right? Oh, you think we didn't know?" Baekhyun leaned in and I knew he was trying to get under my skin, and sadly, it was working. 
"Do you love him?" Of course I did, but-
"No. A student is a student. This is my job, I do my job."
"So you offer lessons to only certain students?" Yes. Actually. 
"No. Luhan, like you, was failing chemistry so I offered lessons." 
"But. You didn't offer me lessons, right?" 
"That's because Luhan was willing to work, you slack off. Luhan cares, so I tutored him."  
"With a few stress relievers along the way, right?" Stress relievers? 
"A couple touches here and there, you're such a sadist, Professor Oh. How surprising."
"That's it!" I stormed over to Baekhyun and grabbed him out of Luhan's chair, pulling him into the hallway and letting the door close behind me. I'd never lost my temper in class before, and it wasn't doing me or Luhan any good to lose it now. I pushed Baekhyun against the wall and slammed my fist right by his face, just so he'd know that I was willing to hit him. 
"Woah, listen Professor O-"
"No, you listen, you little !" I was whisper yelling so hard, I though my voice box would fall out,
"I've have worked too hard for your little games to screw over my career. That photo is no concern of you, and unless you want to be sent to the office, I suggest you shut up." Baekhyun just stared at me. I could tell he was trying to be tough, but I could see the fear in his eyes. 
"I've never liked you, Professor Oh." 
"Yeah, well blow it out your rear end, I've never liked you either." I stormed back into class and began teaching in the most angry way. Needless to say, everyone shut up about the photo. Not because they believed me, but because they were scared of the consequences. Baekhyun didn't return, and I was glad. In reality, I should have let it go, laughed it off, because now they're suspicious. But oh well. 
I didn't care whether I was acting unprofessional or not, but I was going to give Baekhyun a D, just so I didn't have to see his face over winter break. 
 
I was concentrating so hard, I hadn't realized someone slipped a note onto my desk. Maybe the note had already been there, but I wasn't sure. The handwriting was messy, and there was no signature, but the message made me feel uneasy. 
 
"Luhan said he's leaving the infirmary for lunch, but don't worry, I'll take care of him."
 
"Did anyone see who put this on my desk?" Everyone looked at me with scared faces. 
"Tell me."
"I-I think it was a first year... He asked me to put it on your desk."  
"His name?"
"U-um.. Kyungsoo?" 
Thank goodness it was Kyungsoo. 
 
Luhan POV: 
Lunch time. 
I'm sorry Sehun, but I'm trying to protect you. 
Kyungsoo and I sat down for lunch, and everyone stared at me- not that they weren't before. But their stares were mixed. Some were pity stares, and some were out of disgust. 
"Luhan, just stay calm." Kyungsoo had no idea what I was planning to do and I almost felt bad for him, knowing he's probably be embarrassed in a few minutes. 
But, Sehun came first, he always came first for me. I loved him. 
"Hey, how did it feel to have Professor Oh's hand down your pants?!" 
"Haha, yeah I heard he forced you to his !" High-fiving each other at such a cruel joke, where did they even hear that? 
"That's not true!" 
"Yeah guys, stop making fun of him! It's not his fault Professor Oh is a ert."
"That's not true either!" My chance was coming. 
"Then why are you kissing? Are you two going out?"
"No!" My insides were screaming, yes, yes, yes!
"So you didn't kiss him?" 
"I... I did kissed him."
"Luhan, shh." Kyungsoo was trying to get me to shut up, but he was too late. 
"Everyone!" I stood up and yelled until everyone was quiet. I wasn't exactly a wimp, I could give a speech or speak for myself, but what I was about to say had my knees wobbling. My hands shook and my voice wavered, but I had set my mind on one thing only, and I intended to follow through. 
"T-the picture... Of Professor Oh and I, um- it's not right! Professor Oh is a good teacher!" I felt my tears stinging at my eyes, but I promised myself I wouldn't cry. 
"Um... You all know that my father is a drunk, right? And my mother is dead, you all know that... But u-um, my father used to beat me. And because Professor Oh was my tutor, I-I had his number." Some of this was a total lie, and some of it was the truth, but no matter what I was saying, everyone was listening. 
"I called him one night and then I started living with Dr. Kim because he's a family friend. But Professor Oh was very kind to me during those times. So, I-"
I...
"I fell in love with him, and I forced myself on him against his will." 
"That's not true!" 
"You?! You'd never do that!"
"How would any of you know? If he did harass me, why would I take this chance to lie instead of get out of it?" They knew I was right. Staring at all their gaping mouths, I continued, 
"Professor Oh felt bad for me, so he let it go and I begged him to go and do fun things with me because I'd never had that as a child... And this picture," I picked up one of the many laying around, 
"I kissed Professor Oh. If the picture had been taken five seconds later..." My arms would be around him,
"He would have pushed me off." 
"Luhan is this true?"
"That's gross." 
"You're such a !" In an instant, all the pity I was given was snatched away. As I thought, they felt bad for me so they had something to talk and gossip about- but still didn't care about me.  
"It's my fault. Not Professor Oh's, please don't think badly of him."
"So you actually love him?" 
"Yeah, I do. But he doesn't love me back so he's done nothing wrong." Quickly, I left the lunch room, powering my way through the names people called me. 
I did this for Sehun, I reminded myself. 
For Sehun I'd do anything. 
 
Sehun POV: 
"So you actually love him?" 
"Yeah, I do. But he doesn't love me back. He's done nothing wrong." I watched from down the hall as Luhan spoke to the silent lunch room, then I watched him run into the hallway, then out of the school. If I chased him, someone would see me. If I didn't, would I lose him? I turned around quickly and went into my classroom, closing the door while whipping out my phone. 
 
Ring ring! 
Pick up.... 
Ring-
"Hello?" 
"Where are you?!" 
"I'm getting on a bus to go home, I'm okay. I'll see you when you get back." 
Luhan hung up on me. 
I was somewhat relieved he was going home, but how could I be relieved in a time like this? 
 
"Professor Oh." 
"Ah- yes? Oh, Principle-"
"Come with me, right now." After practically jumping out of my skin when the Principle bursted the door open, I followed him to his office, and before I could even close the door all the way, he began speaking.
"You have five minutes to explain to me what is going on." Without even sitting down, I began to spit out the whole story- the whole lie. 
"You know about Luhan'a family situation, and now he is living with Dr. Kim, they are family friends." I tried to remember what Luhan said in the lunch room because I knew I had to keep the lie going so his efforts were not in vain. 
"Um, so he's trying really hard to get into his select college, but he was failing chemistry so I offered to help."
"But explain to me what this is." He tossed the picture into his desk, my heart throbbed as I looked down at it. 
"You and Luhan are both good people and I like both of you, there must be a good explanation to this photo- I hope."
"Yes, of course... Well, Luhan never had a childhood. It was stripped away from him. I took a psychology class in college, and I thought that if I did the things Luhan wanted to do for fun, it would help him. But in the end, my efforts me." I didn't believe a word I said, standing in the all too heated office, gritting my teeth. 
"Luhan developed feelings for me, and this picture was a result of it. It was the only time he did that, and I did not engage with him."
"You're a good teacher, and I trust you. But I'm going to have to remove him from your class." 
"No, you can't do that."
"And why not?" Realizing I had become desperate to keep Luhan, to watch over him, I was ready to give it all I had. 
Luhan and I were already waist deep in lies, I might as drown if that meant being saved someday.
"Dr. Kim and I both think that Luhan has attachment problems. Luhan cried when he left his father, even though he beat him. And he would cry when he had to leave Dr. Kim for school, but then he'd begin to cry when our tutoring sessions were over. Luhan would start to ask questions he knew, just to stay longer."
"So, what are you saying?" Here we go...
"What Luhan did was inappropriate, but I think he did it out of desperation to be loved by someone because he's never experienced it before," sitting down on the chair in front of the desk, I began talking with my hands, pretending to be really into what I was talking about- as if I really knew what I was saying. 
"I don't think Luhan actually cares for me that way, however, I do think he needs me."
"Needs you? Professor Oh, what do you suggest I do? I have students spreading everything like wildfire and soon their parents will hear that a teacher has harassed a student, true or not. If Luhan stays, it'll only put your career in danger. Do you understand?"
"I understand fully. But as a teacher, it's my job to watch out for my students and Luhan is one of them. I do not harbor any inappropriate feelings for him, but I have gotten to know him through our tutoring. He means no harm." 
"Harm has already been done." I shook my head and sighed, 
"The kids have been teasing him since he started high school. They about his drunk father, and deceased mother. How cruel is that?"
"I know that, but what do you suggest I do? I'm in a very tight position. I want Luhan to be safe but at the same time, he needs to be punished."
"...gym. I want his gym class time excused, and his lunch to also be excused. I also want him moved into my health class starting tomorrow."
"Professor Oh-"
"I'll tutor him during gym, we'll go to the library. It's in the school, people can see us if you're worried about us being in private."
"His health class and lunch?"
"I don't want him to be teased more than he has to be. His punishment will be eating lunch with me and probably Dr. Kim, as we have the same schedule- It's a detention lunch. And if he moves to my health class, then I can make sure no extra teasing goes on, at least during that subject." 
"Hmm..." I crossed my fingers under the table and held my breath, 
"If kids , parents might not want to send their kids to a school full of bullies, right?" Got him.
"Fine. Have it your way, I'll write it up and send it to the main office." 
"Thank you." I bowed after standing up, ready to leave and just go home. 
"And Professor Oh,"
"Yes?"
"Luhan has been one of my favorite students since he first started going to this school... My intention is not to see him teased or brought down, but you have to be careful. Pictures are worth a thousand words." 
"Yes... Yes, I understand." 
"And also... Once Luhan graduates, it'll be legal just incase you forgot." 
"I'm not sure what you mean... But thank you, still." Wondering if the principle knew more than I was aware of, I hastily left the office. 
 
Luhan was probably at home in tears.
 
I had to hurry home. 
"Professor Oh, wait!" The only thing keeping me at this damn school was Luhan, if he wasn't here, I'd whip every student and quit. 
"Wait!" 
"What? Oh it's you. Get out of my sight." 
"No, please. I have to talk to you." I didn't hate many people, and by hate I meant dislike from the pits of my soul, but Baekhyun... Baekhyun I hated. 
"I have no time." I flung open the doors, trying to escape and get to my car, but Baekhyun was relentless. 
"Professor Oh, please!" Baekhyun grabbed my sleeve and pulled until I stopped. Not even stopping to look around before running my mouth, I basically shoved Baekhyun. 
"You don't even have a right to talk to me, you little . Let go of me, I have things to do." 
"But-"
"Get away from me." I opened my car door ready to leave, after I thought Baekhyun left. But when I closed my door, two slams were heard. 
"Get out of my car." 
"No! I need to tell you something!"
"Then tell me." 
"I... I was the one who posted the pictures." Huh. Go figure. 
"You what?!
"I'm sorry! I thought... But then-" This ing piece of ! Before even letting Baekhyun finish, I floored it out of the parking lot. The ride was silent, but my rage boiled inside. Baekhyun was so going to get it once I got home. 
"Where are we?" 
"My home."
"Why?" Baekhyun's hand landed on my arm, 
"Don't touch me, you filthy child."
"W-"
"You know it's strange how you asked me where we were once we actually got here and not when we were on the way."
"That's just-"
"Shut up, I don't care. You're apologizing to Luhan." Baekhyun followed me in silence up to my home, and all I wanted to do was smash his face in right then and there, but that wasn't good enough for me. 
There was something Baekhyun had to see, and in order for him to see it, Luhan had to be there.