Secret's Out

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV: 

"U-um... I'm Luhan. Professor Oh is my teacher." 
"I've never seen you around. I'm Dr. Kim, I work in the infirmary. What were you doing at Professor Oh's house so early in the morning?" Dr. Kim didn't hide his suspicion at all. 
"Nothing." 
Wait that sounded bad..
 "Um, I meant, going over school work." 
That was even worse! 
"I'm failing chemistry!" 
 That was actually true. 
"Woah, someone is flustered.." 
Was this man a teen or an adult?! His responses were so laid back and very uncomplicated- although I only had Sehun to compare him with,
and Sehun was practically perfect. 
 
Dr. Kim was almost as tall as Sehun, and he was quite handsome, too. I thought I'd seen Dr. Kim around school once or twice, but I could never get a good look at his face because all the girls were crowing his office with fake injuries after he started to work there. Actually, it was the same with Sehun. Even though he was scary, he was hot as hell- I mean, what girl could resist a hot, bad-, but very intelligent teacher?
 
None. 
None of them could ing resist him. 
 
But when he turned them each down one at a time, they then began to flood Dr. Kim's infirmary since he was the next best thing.  
I had been happy at first that I could finally sneak some time with Sehun, but of course, the girls came crawling back to him after being turned down again, and I was just another nerd boy. 
But heh. 
It felt good to know I was with the most popular teacher in school, although no one would ever know. 
 
"Luhan, Dr. Kim and I went to the same college." 
"Yup! Best friends!" 
"Hardly friends at all. You just followed me around to mooch off my work." Suddenly Dr. Kim covered my ears- not that it actually blocked out any sound. 
"Shhhh. Don't give the kid a bad impression of me!" 
"He's not a kid." I tried to suppress my smile.
"Pfffft! This guy? He couldn't be a day over 14!"  
"U-um... I'm almost eighteen." Dr. Kim removed his hands and stared at me. 
"For a doctor, Jongin, don't you think you should be able to tell the difference between a male that's  going though puberty and one that finished 4 years ago?" Dr. Kim stuck his tongue out at Sehun in the most childish way, but in all honestly, I thought it was funny.  
Dr. Kim seemed nice. 
 
Jongin POV: 
Doing homework at 6:30 AM, inside the teacher's home? 
I don't think so. 
The way Sehun was standing, like a big wall protecting Luhan. And the way Luhan's body naturally turned into him... 
I wasn't an idiot. 
 
Luhan POV:
"You're really 17? Your skin is so baby like! And your eyes are so huge!" 
"U-Um.." 
"Jongin you're scaring him." Without thinking, I had grabbed Sehun's coat sleeve, feeling anxious at Dr. Kim's comments. 
"But really, Sehun, why are you together? Maybe i mooched a little-"
"Every assignment and test" 
"Okay! Maybe I mooched a lot. But I'm not going to say anything that'll put your career and his social life in danger." Suddenly a huge body bursted through the door- a wild Kris popping his head out. 
"Pfffffft! Him?" Kris pointed at me, laughing his off, 
"He sits at home studying for hours! Sehun has to yell at him to go outside and do something. Hahaha, he has no social life. None whatsoever.. Hahha..." 
Kris. YOU. DIP
"Ah-ha! So you live together?" Sehun sighed and pulled me closer to him, putting his arm around me. 
"Kris, go for a hike would you?" Kris made an 'oopsie' face and dashed past us after eves dropping on our conversation. 
"Dr. Kim, I don't trust you, and I'll be honest, I don't like you either, but can you keep a secret just this once?" Sehun leaned in, and I prayed he would not say what I thought he would. 
Dr. Kim smirked. 
WHY DID EVERY TEACHER LOOK LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO DO SOMETHING EVIL?! 
"I love secrets." 
"Let's talk on the way to school, I'll drive us."  
WE WERE SO LATE! 
So much for trying to get good grades and stay in school. 
 
Sehun POV: 
"So, you're saying... That you are Luhan's legal guardian. And you're dating?" 
"Yes." My hands were actually getting sweaty as I tried to grip the steering wheel. Never in my life would I ever trust Kim Jongin, but as of this moment, my life basically was in his hands. 
"Sehun, are you sure this is okay?" Luhan leaned over from the back seat and whispered to me, his voice shaky. I knew he was worried.
"It's fine." 
I turned back to Jongin who seemed surprisingly unfazed by the news, he just stared out the window. Then from behind me again, in the smallest, and most adorable voice, Luhan asked Jongin, 
"Are you going to tell on us?" 
My heart! 
"No, of course not, I get it," Jongin sighed a longing, sad, sigh, 
"I trust, and owe, Sehun a lot, so I won't say a word." Jongin smiled, even though we all knew he was not happy. 
Jongin was the flirty, reckless type of teen and he still was that way as an adult, but he did mature.
 
Luhan POV: 
Maybe Sehun had kept a 4.0 since preschool. 
Maybe Dr. Kim had passed med school early. 
And maybe I was pretty smart, too. 
But in that case, since we were all intelligent... Would anyone like to tell me why THE HELL NO ONE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A BAD IDEA TO WALK INTO SCHOOL TOGETHER...
 
"Why is Luhan with them?" 
"They're so hot!" 
"Dr. Kim is so handsome!" 
"Did you see? Luhan got out of the same car as Dr. Kim and Professor Oh!" 
 
AND WHY IT WAS DURING PASSING TIME? 
Idiots, we must have been. 
 
Everyone was staring at us. The fact that two tall, very attractive teachers had just gotten out of a car with me, a freaky Chinese boy, fascinated everyone. 
I was so nervous, my hands sweated non stop, and I couldn't grab Sehun like I wanted to. 
Why were the halls so crowded?! 
 
"Why do you think Luhan is with them?" 
"Do you think he likes one of them?" 
 
Don't question those things! 
 
"Do you think it's Professor Oh or Dr. Kim?" 
"Kim. Who'd fall for Sehun?! He's a grouch!"  
 
Don't say that about him! 
 
Could Sehun and Dr. Kim not hear it? 
It was as if our secret had gotten out. If anyone asked the right question, I wouldn't be able to help my expression, and then the reaction would be even worse. 
Worse than every student crossing the halls and gossiping in front of our faces. 
Worse than getting food thrown at me at lunch for just sitting down. 
Worse than anything. 
 
"Luhan, why are you with them?" 
The girls were jealous. 
What was I supposed to say? The classroom seemed like it was miles away, even though I could see the door. 
"Luhan are you dating one of them?!" 
Panic started to set in, and my heart started to race. They'd see my reaction and for sure they'd- 
"Hey everyone! Be quiet!" Silence. 
"I can see you're all wondering why we walked in together, and although it is none of your business, you are disrupting class time and hall safety." Dr. Kim placed his hand on my shoulder from behind, speaking loudly. 
Would he tell? Could we trust him!? 
I was sure my heart was beating just as fast as Sehun's, although he remained calm on the outside. When he looked at me, he gently raised his eyebrow to say 'calm down,' so I tried. 
 
Sehun POV: 
The harder Luhan tried to shut everyone out, the more his face cringed. It was obvious he was getting flustered by everyone, but there was really nothing I could do. 
Deny the rumors and then Luhan would be upset with me. 
Say their true and get fired and be the cause of Luhan getting bullied. 
There was no good choice, so instead, all three of us stayed silent. When I finally made it to the classroom after Jongin went to the infirmary, and Luhan went to his locker, I sat in my chair and just breathed. 
I only had one hour until I'd see Luhan, and I was not mentally prepared to see his sad face yet. 
 
In class:
 What was I supposed to do? 
Stop teasing him. 
Stop making fun of him for something that I caused. 
"Shhhhh. No talking." Constantly I had to remind myself that I was still a teacher. 
An adult
"Did you beg Professor Oh for tutoring lessons?" 
"I said no talking, whispering, too." 
"Psst, Luhan. I totally knew you were gay. You are right?" 
"Why don't you answer us, ?"
I'm going to kill you. 
"Hey. I said no t-"  
"Luhan! Sorry, here is your notebook. You gave it to me at home and I forgot to give it back to you!"
Jongin swooped in, handing Luhan an unfamiliar notebook. I was wearing the same expression as all the students. From behind Luhan, the girl who'd been on his back spoke up.
"At home? I thought you were dating Professor Oh." Luhan looked at me from his desk and gave me the most uncomfortable and scared look. 
My blood was still boiling, but soon a deep uneasy feeling set in, as I became nervous. 
What made them come to the conclusion that Luhan and I were dating? 
Without saying anything, I looked up at Jongin from my desk, realizing he was also looking at me. 
I couldn't read him and I didn't know what he was up to. 
"Hey kids, listen, dating a student is against the rules, so please disregard that rumor." 
"Then why was Luhan walking in with Professor Oh this morning?" 
"Yeah! I saw Luhan get into Professor Oh's car the other day too!"
"Thanks guys, but I was there too. And it's none of any of your guys' business, but," I held my breath. 
"Luhan is living with me. Because of my work schedule, Professor Oh often gives him rides. Luhan is a close family friend, that is all. Please sit back down and stop disrupting class." My heart slowed down despite the fact that I was unsure about what just happened. 
"Professor Oh, your files are in my office if you want to get them." I nodded, knowing there weren't any files and he just wanted to explain to me what the just happened. 
 
"So what the hell Jongin?" 
"Don't what the hell me, I just saved your ." 
"Saved my ?!" 
"Yes. The kids would keep prying and prying, and Luhan is weak he would have melted." 
"Hey-"
"He is. His character isn't weak, but he lacks backbone. Eventually he would have broke. And the way you were heating up, if I haven't walked by and stopped you, you would have blown a gasket. We both know that's true." 
He was right. I hated the fact that he was, but getting angry was simply something I couldn't help. 
"Still what the hell, why is he living with you now?" 
"It makes sense." Jongin and I were crammed into the storage closet, having a heated conversation as to why my Luhan was now in the hands of an incapable man. 
"It doesn't! Now they'll suspect you." 
"I'm not like you, Sehun." 
"What is that supposed to mean?" 
"I'm well liked by people for my personality. People only like you for your face, but you are a stubborn and there is a mysterious side to you. But for me, I'm as open as a book."
"So you're less of a suspect?" 
"Something like that. Yeah. And you know, I did act a little on impulse, I'm sorry for that." 
"Why do you care so much? You just found out this morning, why are you going to such lengths?" Jongin closed his eyes and took a deep breath, letting it out as a sigh. He wiped his face with his hands, probably because it was sweltering in the closet. 
"I know what it's like... to feel like everyone is against you." 
"How?" 
"I'm dating a student."