Waking Up To You

Professor Oh and I

Professor Oh POV: 

After going through grade school and college, I had never met anyone like Luhan before. He had such a unique way of speaking and putting things that no one else could mimic it. I'd lived my life intimidating everyone because of my family's social status, my abnormal height, and lack of friends, but Luhan was not scared of me. True, he only knew about my abnormal height because it was so obvious, but he wasn't intimidated. No matter what I said or what I threatened him with, he'd fire back at me with whatever he could- I liked that. I liked being taken down for once in my life, well at least by Luhan. He'd never be able to bring to my knees per say, but a tiny dent in my armor was alright. I grew tired of being treated like I was perfect or like I could nothing wrong, so when Luhan back talked me, immediately I grew curious. I was taken back by him the first day of school, his freshmen year- actually, I was taken by him the previous year, in the library. His ninth grade year, when I was a student teaching at the middle school, I noticed him in the library. Luhan really wasn't anything special at the time. He obviously wasn't Korean and he always had a different hair color- not the typical jet black, but he didn't carry any special aura and seemed pretty plain.. Yet, that was what caught my attention. He was average, and he wasn't trying to change himself. All the kids his age were trying to stand out, so it actually made them blend in. I was so intrigued by the level of contentment he seemed to have that I'd sit at the same table in the library everyday and observe him. First, I just noticed how immersed he was in his work and I wondered why he didn't just go home to do his homework, but didn't think much of it. Then I even picked up the same books he did to see what this 'average' kid was reading. 
I was dumbfounded. 
He was reading my favorite authors, and all literature I had read. 
Luhan had me wrapped around his finger and without ever noticing me once. It wasn't until I became his teacher that I spoke to him, and boy was I surprised. The first day, I looked over my class list. Luhan's name popped out at me and I was actually looking forward to teaching a student with similar tastes as me. I even went so far as to reading a book I knew for sure he had read when everyone walked in, in hopes he'd say something. Yet instead, he sat in front of me silently, and stared. I'd never been that close to him before so I ended up staring too, which made him blush and sink a little in his seat, it was cute. Back then, I didn't know what a crush was or what it meant to like or love someone. I didn't know what it was like to receive it either so I assumed I was just infatuated with this student. But after calling his name out loud for attendance the first day, and hearing him say "I'm here" made me realize I wasn't just infatuated. 
A heart didn't beat faster for just anyone, especially mine. 
Mine barely beat at all. 
I didn't know what was wrong with me and I tried as hard as I could to be normal around him. I tried so hard that I actually came across like I hated him, but in the end thought it would be better if he wasn't suspecting anything. 
Luhan was a child and I was an adult. 
An adult had no business growing fond of a child, especially their student. But I was already past the point of no return and for almost four years, I struggled to controlled myself. 
 
In most cases, I was calm and collected, but Luhan had a certain effect on me and I lost my cool repetitively. Many times I tried to forget him and leave it behind because not only was it illegal, but it was also just impossible. 
A kid didn't belong in an adults world. I went to bars and drank relieve the pain momentarily, but the hangovers in the morning only caused me headaches and more emotional pain because all I could think of was Luhan. My feelings soon grew lustful and I began crying myself to sleep. 
I was a cold man, but I was not cold hearted. Emotions still ran through my veins and struck my heart and tears still found their way to my eyes without an invite. My worst time was when I went out drinking. I came home drunk and hard as hell, thinking of Luhan. When I woke up in the morning, laying on my floor by my bed, I didn't remember anything but was on my hand and floor. 
I had completely lost it and I cried for hours. 
It was disgusting. 
teacherhad touched himself with thoughts of a student, seven years younger than him. 
The next day I went to school and I avoided all unneeded contact with Luhan, but then he spoke to me. 
"Good morning, Professor Oh." 
It wasn't a good morning at all, but somehow hearing his voice made it better. Luhan never said good morning to me ever again, but that was okay. It was the one morning I needed it the most and I was content with the one time, but he still remained in my mind at all times. 
It was good that he had perfect grades, but also bad because then I had nothing to talk to him about. So when he began failing chemistry, I was happy. It was a bit twisted, but I was genuinely happy. Luhan had always had his sights set on going to Seoul University and I never quite knew why. He'd be a few hours away which was good because I was trying to let him go, but it was hell because I couldn't let him go. Even though I wanted him to continue to fail my class so he'd had to pick a closer college, I ended up forcing him to tutor with me. Luhan and my relationship had grown sour for no apparent reason so we spent a lot of the time arguing over small things. I kept on wondering where the quiet Luhan was that I'd first liked, but then ended up liking the fiery Luhan more because he made me feel emotions. Front then on, I knew I was screwed. 
 
When Luhan called me that night, I was actually sleeping and thought it was a dream. I finally realized it wasn't and I sped to his house. His father wouldn't let me in and I grew more and more impatient. My blood boiled when I heard him calling for me so I ended up punching his father, knocking him out. I almost cried as I held Luhan in my arms, it wasn't easy seeing the only one I cared for in pain.
Even as he laid in bed next to me, I was trying to push my feelings down. He would never see me in the same light that I saw him in, and because of that, I'd always keep my feelings to myself. 
 
Luhan moved a little, bumping me with his elbow and nudging me with his knee. 
"Luhan, time to wake up." His eyes fluttered open and he looked around a little before focusing in on my face. Luhan made grumpy faces when he first woke up, and I tried not to smile at it because he looked like a funny dwarf with his crazy hair. But when he saw me, his expression became soft and he smiled, 
"Good morning, Professor Oh." 
 
Luhan POV: 
I didn't know why he ways made weird faces at me. All I said was good morning and suddenly he looked upset with me. 
"Did I say something wrong?" 
"No, no you didn't." My heart sank a little when he sat up.. Because then I was cold since he wasn't there to share his body heat with me. I struggled to sit up, subconsciously grabbing his arm to support me as I scooted back towards the head board. When I sat up, I grew extremely happy. 
"Did I say something?" This time Professor Oh asked me. 
"No.. Why do you ask?" 
"Because you're smiling." 
"Oh.." I tried to hide my smile and contain myself, but I couldn't. 
"Do I look funny?"
"No! I just thought of something and I'm happy." I got it of bed- 
I got out of bed! 
"Oh, thank goodness I can stand now. It was embarrassing being carried by you all the time." 
"Yeah and my back was getting sore." Wimp.. 
"Okay, school's in an hour, hurry up." 
"An hour? We have two hours!" Professor Oh got out of bed and opened the blinds, letting dim sunlight in. 
"I'm a teacher, school starts early for me."
"Awww, really?!" I whined because that meant I'd be waking up early 5 days a week. 
"Don't complain, just go shower and get ready." Sighing, but still smiling, I dragged myself into the bathroom and started the shower. When it was warm, I hopped in and closed my eyes, feeling the nice steam. It felt good to be a little independent again. And I hadn't convo oust showered for a while.. 
Popping open the cap to the shampoo, the shower was filled with the smell of Professor Oh. In all honestly, I liked the smell. Manly, minty and clean. I'd be going to school with Professor Oh, and smelling like Professor Oh. 
What if someone noticed? I hadn't even thought about my classmates and grew increasingly anxious. 
"Oh, !" 
I jumped out of my skin the when curtain was peeled back and Professor Oh popped his head into my private space,
"Hey, watch your mouth and stop daydreaming. I still need to shower."
"I'm ! GET OUT!" I splashed some water on Professor Oh. His eyes closed and his chin receded into his neck when the water hit his face, making him look like a turtle. 
"...paaaaaahahahahahhaha!!!" I pointed and laughed my off at his face. No one would ever see that face but me, and I was proud to see the stupid side of Professor Oh. When his eyes opened though, I almost myself. 
He was maaaaad.. 
Professor Oh closed the curtain, walking away and closing the door behind him. I felt a little bad, but I was so pleased with what I saw that I didn't care. 
After finishing lathering and rinsing my hair and turning off the water, I opened the curtain and stepped onto the f-
BOOSH! 
"OH MY G- IT'S SO COLD!" I shrieked when a bucket of cold water was dumped on me. Shivering, I turned towards Professor Oh who was holding a big plastic bowl. He threw a towel on me and smiled, 
"And I got a picture." With that, he left. 
"THAT WAS NOT NICE!" I yelled at him out the door even though I wasn't mad. Actually, we were both smiling and laughing- it felt good. It was the first time Professor Oh and I had ever joked with each other and it made me happy inside. 
 
"So what were you smiling about this morning?" 
"When? You mean when I saw your turtle face in the shower?" I teased Professor Oh a little in the car on the way to school. 
"No, I mean when you woke up and looked like one of Snow White's dwarfs." Professor Oh grinned like an idiot while watching the road.
"Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." We both laughed a little as he pulled into parking spot.
"But really, what was it? I'll give you an F in chemistry if you don't tell me."
"Woah woah, okay, fine! Geez, don't start threats so early in the morning." Stepping out of the car into the cool, crisp air, I walked around the car where Professor Oh was waiting for me. We walked in together. 
"I was just thinking when I woke up that I felt really good." I sat down in my desk, waiting for homeroom to start as he began writing on the chalk board. 
"You felt good?" 
"I felt great actually." I smiled again as Professor Oh sat down at his desk.
"Why so?"
"Because haha," Chuckling a little, I looked up at him, 
"I woke up and saw you.. I'm safe now."