Love is Complicated

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV: 

It was rare to see Sehun in a suit. The only time I'd seen him in one before was for some school dance. Or course, I didn't attend it, I had been on the library and seen him on the way out. Sehun, Kris and I began to drive to Sehun's paren's house. They lived probably an hour away, but the drive seemed short the first time.
 
Then again, I was being kidnapped the first time and the second time I was yelling at Sehun, this time it was quiet. I looked over at Kris and Sehun, they both towered over me. 
It was unfair. 
I wished I was taller, better built and more handsome- not cute. The thought had never occurred to me that it must be embarrassing for both of them to be around me. But still, I admired the way they both looked. Sehun and Kris were practically the same height, but Kris had more muscle and Sehun was more slender- even though Sehun could probably whoop Kris' no problem. Then there was me, short, baby faced and skinny. 
"You're making weird faces."
"Huh? No, no I'm not." 
"Is there something you want to say?" It bothered me that Sehun wasn't even looking at me and somehow he managed to see me thinking. 
"The suit fits really well on you." Immediately I blushed, knowing how strange that sounded,
"Ah, I mean.. You look nice. Not that I was staring, but suits look good on you.. Ah! Well, just because it's rare to see one on you.. Um, so I mean.. You look good." Sehun and Kris began laughing at me, making my cheeks darken even more. I was practically sweating. 
"Stop laughing!" 
"You know, you should really organize your thoughts before you speak." 
"Shut up." 
"Haha, but thank you. You look nice as well." I really had no response.
Once things quieted down, I sat back and stared out the windshield, watching the orange evening sun. We began go up the driveway, many cars parked on the side. The driveway was long and it made me question if we were even in Korea anymore. Butterflies flew into my stomach as we got out of his car and began walking inside. Like it was out of instinct, Sehun stood to my left and Kris stood to my right, as if I was some important person and they were my body guards. 
I wasn't used to not removing my shoes before we walked inside, but I wasn't that big of an idiot to see that everyone else wore their shoes.  Sehun told us we'd be staying the night because it would be too late of a drive on the way back. Sehun said he and I would be in the room Kris and I had been trapped in earlier- lovely. And Kris would be in one down the hall and to the left. I was thankful he showed us the rooms first, which had been readies, because I could calm myself down a little bit. 
 
We went back down stairs and entered an extremely large room. There were men, dressed like us, and women in fancy, long dresses that shimmered in the light from the chandelier. Almost every person had a glass with champagne or wine, standing and chatting with one another. 
I stuck out. 
Not only was I short, but I was 17. 
Sure, Kris was just a year older, but he wasn't short! Sehun was 7 years older than me and everyone else was probably double that amount. I wanted to leave. As we entered the crowd, I became afraid I'd get lost, getting flustered.
 
There were so many people, so much laughter, I started breathing weird. Just as I was going to turn and run away, large hands were placed on my shoulders from behind. 
"Relax," Sehun's voice was soothing to me, calming me down as he spoke into my ear. 
Finally we had made it to a less busy part of the huge room- which I didn't even notice before. Kris and I stood there like we had nothing better to do, which we didn't, while Sehun was just looking around. 
"Sehun, my son." A man with broad shoulders, champagne in hand, walked up to Sehun. 
"Happy birthday." It was his step father. 
"I'm delighted you could make it." 
"Yeah, it was a pleasant invite." Liar! There was an awkward atmosphere between them, like they were staring lasers into each other with their eyes. Yet, Sehun smiled and so did his step father. It was obvious they were forcing themselves to get along. 
"This is Luhan and this is Kris." 
"Ah! What a delight to meet you, how do you know my son?" For some reason, I got the feeling he already knew. I hesitantly answered, unsure of what I should say. 
For Sehun's sake, I would leave out the custody part.. I didn't want to embarrass him. 
"Professor Oh is my chemistry teacher and he tutors me, as it's not my best subject. I was offered to tag along, I hope that's alright."
"Of course that's alright! How is my son doing as a teacher? He isn't too hard on you, is he?" 
"Of course not, he is a very good teacher. Oh, and this is Kris, he's my friend and he's visiting from China, figured we couldn't leave him behind while he was here." I gave him a smile, but maybe it was too much. Talking to new people wasn't hard for me, but talking to fancy, rich people didn't seem to be my thing. His father looked at me for a moment before nodded, but it wasn't a nod in approval, just a nod. Sehun and him chatted for a few more minutes before he was taken away, into the crowd, to talk to others. Kris and I watched from the side lines. The smile Sehun showed people and the way he behaved was so fake- or maybe it was how he really was. Maybe he really did have nice manners and laughed at people's comments, maybe he just changed around me. There was a woman, one that hadn't left his side since he went over there. Every time she laughed, her hand would touch Sehun's arm as if they were together. 
I didn't know anyone Sehun knew, yet he knew everyone I knew. 
I didn't know anything about Sehun, 
He knew everything about me. 
My life wasn't exciting or complex, someone could have just grabbed my life from a dumpster, but his was probably born from a piece of gold. 
Expensive and glorious.
I didn't fit in anywhere, especially not here. 
"Kris, I'm going to go and get some air." 
"Oh, I'll come with you." 
"No, I'd rather go alone." Even though Sehun said not to go alone, I walked away by myself, not looking back to see if Sehun was looking at me; I knew he wasn't. 
 
The sky had already turned black. 
I didn't understand why everyone said it was dark blue- it was definitely black. And the stars weren't yellow, they were white. A breeze came by and gently tossed my hair to the side. I didn't like being alone, but I didn't like being in big crowds. Everywhere I we-
"Getting some air?" I jumped, I thought I was alone. 
"Huh? Oh yeah, it's a little crowded." 
"Not much for parties?"
"Ah.. Haha, this is my first actually." A tall man dressed in a nice suit came and stood by me, extending a hand. 
"Kim Suho." 
"Lu Han." We shook hand western style, but bowed our heads as well out of habit. 
"So, what brings you here?" 
"Here as in.."
"The party, or outside. Either one." 
"Well, I sorta got dragged along to the party and as for right now, like I said, first party and it is not my thing." Suho offered me a toothy smile, it was nice that he was friendly. We chatted about the party and then about our ages, him turning out to be 22 (even though he looked 18.) About a half hour later, we walked back into the party, still lightly chatting. After we made it back to Kris, who looked like a lost puppy, I introduced them and we talked a little more. I felt a little better now that I had someone to actually engage with. Looking over my shoulder, I spotted a scowling Sehun bounding towards us. It was so scary I almost ran away, but then remembered he was my teacher, not a crazy man trying to kill me. 
"Hey, Sehun. It's been a while."
"What are you doing with him?" Sehun pulled me closer to his side and stared me in the eyes, a flame lit inside. He was angry. 
"I-I went outside to get some air-"
"You went alone. I told you not to go anywhere alone." 
"Why? I'm fine." I pulled away from him, feeling extremely awkward. The last thing I needed was for everyone to think I needed adult supervision. 
"Yeah, he's fine. Just let him be, hyung." HYUNG?! 
"You listen to me," Sehun neared his brother and pulled him away from Kris and I. I didn't realize they were related, they didn't look alike Nd his last name wasn't Oh.. Well, Sehun did say half brother, so I suppose that explained it. But watching them speak so closely in a seemingly heated conversation.. 
There was something that I didn't know, and I was wondering if I even wanted to. 
 
Sehun POV: 
"You're a rat."
"That's not a very great way to greet me, hyung." 
"I am not your hyung. Just keep your filthy hands off of Luhan." The way Suho smirked at me, I wanted to punch him so badly. 
"Why? He's just so cute, I want to play with him." 
"He's not a toy."
"You know," Suho came closer to me and whispered in my ear,
"He's weird." 
"I didn't ask for you opinion." 
"But, there's definitely something special about him. Too bad you can't ever gave him." Suho laughed and left me standing, my back tense. All I wanted was to tackle him, punch him, and beat the out of his bratty smile. 
But I didn't, for Luhan's sake. 
"You know," I shut my eyes and rolled them underneath the lids before turning around to speak Hayan, who must have been behind me the whole time. 
"People like him, don't belong with people like us." Her long finger nails, painted red, along with a tight, short red dress- it was too much. Choi Hayan's father and my step father had become very good business partners. Her y personality was only half of the reason I despised her. 
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"Look at him," she gestured at Luhan who was standing awkwardly on the side, "he sticks out like a sore thumb." 
"I don't need your input." 
"All in good time," she smiled at me like she knew something I didn't. 
"Excuse me everyone! I have a grand announcement!" My father's voice carried across the room, everyone hushed. I stood in the center of the crowd while Luhan and Kris were to my right, alone. 
"It is my pleasure to announce that the Choi company will now be apart of the Kim business!" Hayan's father's business was merging with my step fathers.. 
"And to make it official, Mr. Choi's daughter, Hayan, will marry my eldest son, Sehun." Although everyone was clapping, I heard nothing. The room had gone dark and silent to me, the only one that lit up was Luhan. 
The look he gave me from across the room, as if he'd been betrayed. His mouth was slightly cracked and the glass cup had fallen from his hand. 
What marriage? No one had said anything to.. That's just it. That's why I was here. I wasn't here to tell everyone I was still alive, I was here to close a business deal that I knew had been contracted and signed. Looking from Luhan, to my step father, to Hayan, then back to Luhan- Luhan was gone. It was like everything happened in slow motion as I watched Luhan exist the room. I tried to follow him, but there were too many people trying to shake my hand and congratulate me. 
If I denied the marriage, Luhan would for sure be thrown out of my life somehow. 
"Come, let's celebrate!"I froze when I saw Suho going after Luhan. Suddenly, I just didn't give a damn about anything. I loved Luhan with my whole heart, but he didn't love me back, so what was the point? I may as well let Suho have him, he was more stable than I had ever been my whole life. And Luhan needed someone stable, someone with nothing to hide. 
My life had been better when I was alone. I liked being alone, I was good at it. 
"Sehun, do you want some champagne?" Staring at Hayan, I let myself go. 
Nothing mattered anymore.
"Why just champagne? Let's get some harder stuff." 
I'd always love Luhan, but I couldn't live like this anymore. 
 
"Sehun, you've had enough to drink."
"N-no. I've only had a couple..." 
"You're drunk, go to bed, everyone already left." The room spun as I slowly trudged up the stairs to my room. 
 
Luhan POV: 
The door flung open and then slammed shut. 
"Hello?" A figure heavily walked towards me, the smell of soju entering my nostrils. I knew the smell well, but as for the person who had consumed it this time.. 
"Hello? Wait- WOA! Get off! Get.. Professor Oh!" 
His lips crashed against mine.