The College For Me

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV: 

Today was the day we got the results back from out tests. 

And boy was I nervous. 
Not because I wouldn't pass, and not because I would, but because of the people that had to deal with my decision. 
"Hey Luhan!"
"What?" 
"Mind paying attention during class? You still have a one day of school, so pay attention." 
"Sorry..."
"Like I was saying. The results will be posted after school today, hope for the best." Sehun had seemed happy all day, and I was too. 
Why? 
Because I GRADUATED TOMORROW. 
That meant I could be with Sehun forever and ever and not worry. And we could hold hands in public and not make excuses and not hide and-
"Luhan! Honestly, pay attention." 
"Sorry, it's hard to." I smiled at him, and I swore I saw him smile back. 
 
Here we go. Here we go. Here we go. 
This was the moment I'd been waiting for, for the past five years. There was a sea of students flooding the lists, and some walked away happy while other walked away in tears. There were parents with flowers and parents scolding their kid, but for me I was alone. 
"Here I go..." The late afternoon sun beat down behind me, making my shadow look long, even if I was short. 
There it was. There was my list. I made my way through the crowd and scanned for my n- no way. 
No way! My hands started shaking and my whole body turned cold. 
I turned around as fast as I could, I had to get home- I had to get to Sehun. Running seemed like the best way to get there, although it took me a while. When I finally made it, I flew up the stairs, pounding my feet. My heart raced from the results, that and from the running. 
"Sehun, open up!" Pounding my fist in the door over and over again, until the door flung open. I practically fell inside, feeling an overwhelming sensation of happiness. 
"Sehun!" Hugging him tightly to me, tears began to spring from my eyes.  
"Luhan? What, what's wrong?" 
"I did it!" I pulled say and smiled at him. I couldn't tell... But he seemed to be smiling, or maybe he was just extremely annoyed, but either way, my heart skipped another beat and I started jumping up and down. Sehun was the first one I wanted to know. 
"I was the first one on the list!"
I DID IT!
I shook him and spun around, I hadn't been this excited in my whole life. 
"Haha, woah calm down there. First on the list?"
"Sehun, I'm graduating top of the class. And I was first in the list to Seoul University!"
"Top of the class.. Oh- I'm so proud of you!" Sehun grabbed me and hugged me, suddenly lifting me up and spinning me in a circle. 
"Sehun! Hahaha! What are you doing?!" 
"I'm celebrating!" We laughed together until our sides hurt, I was so overjoyed.
I WAS GOING TO SEOUL UNIVERSITY. 
"I am so happy for you, Luhan, truly. Come on, let's tell the others!" 
"Okay!" Sehun put his arm around me and we went next door, where we celebrated a little more, and smiled a lot.
I chose Seoul University because it was my dream, and it still is. Back then though, I was in a rush to leave, and if I went to Seoul, I'd have a way to escape. Now, even though I was going to live with Sehun, and I was not running from anything, I still wanted to pursue my dream. In my heart, I didn't want to leave Sehun, but I knew that it was not goodbye. Every time I left him, it was never goodbye. 
"Sehun, I graduate tomorrow." 
"Yes, you do." 
"I graduate tomorrow." Kris was sleeping soundly on the couch, Jongin was with Kyungsoo doing who knows what, and I was with Sehun, sitting in the living room, just us two- and the sleeping Kris. 
"Tomorrow, I can move past my bad past... I can put my father behind me, I can start fresh. This is what I've dreamed about for years, I'm so happy I don't know what to say." Sehun and I were sitting across from each other on chairs, and I stared off into the distance- he was staring at me, I knew that. 
"Tomorrow you will graduate. You'll take your diploma, shake the principal's hand, give your speech because you're valedictorian, and then, we can be together." We can be together. Yes. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we could be together. 
"Sehun, I'm going to write my damn speech and then go to bed right now."
"Now? It's only 7:00." 
"I know." I stood up, and smiled at Sehun,
"I want to get to sleep as fast as I can so tomorrow can come sooner." 
I love you. 
I couldn't wait to say it. 
.
.
.
Next day-
Luhan POV: 
I think I spent all of ten minutes on my speech before I went to bed. Of course I was not even tired, but I just wanted today to come sooner. But sitting outside on the uncomfortable foldable chairs, my last day of high school, I felt strange. 
Would I miss it? 
Hell no! 
But... I would miss seeing Sehun everyday. Before everyone knew about us, and we were secretly dating, I didn't mind. I actually quite enjoyed the secrecy.. Something just between Sehun and I, only for us to ever know. Sure, holding hands in public would be relieving, but at the same time... Would that make holding hands under the table lose its value? Kissing in public would be fine, but would that make quick pecks lose their spark? Sitting deep in thought, I almost missed my name being called off. 
"Lu Han." I walked up to the stage slowly. For the first time, everyone had their eyes on me, and it was not because something was wrong with me. Being the top of the class also means graduating first, with red and blue tassels hanging off my black robe, and a long white cord handing around my shoulders.
This moment... The moment of silence for me to walk to the stage, I deserved this moment. Sehun smiled at me as I walked up the stairs, towards the podium, and I waved and smiled back. 
"Luhan has worked very hard, and is graduating number one of his class. He will be attending Seoul University and I am happy to announce that he has been chosen for early enrollment." 
No way. 
"We have a guest from Seoul University here, Dr. Zhang. Dr. Zhang is head of the science department and honors program, please give her a hand." I stared as a tall woman in very sophisticated clothes clicked her heels up to the podium, smiling at me. 
"Every year, Seoul University chooses only three students to enroll early. We offer honor programs to avid scholars like Luhan, and college credits to help an early graduation. This year, after looking at many students that applied, we chose Luhan for his hard work and perfect grade point average. So, congratulations Luhan, we hope you accept our offer." 
It was all a surprise to me, and as I stared at Sehun, I saw that he looked just as surprised as I did. 
"Luhan, being the valedictorian, has been given the honor of giving his class speech. Here is Lu Han." The principal nodded and bowed his head, and I walked to the podium, white with fear.  
I did apply, but how the hell did I actually make it in? 
Not only was I shocked, but I was about to give a speech in front of my whole class. 
Proud of myself and ready to face my peers one last time, I leaned into the microphone,
"It's Oh Luhan, actually. And thank you very much, Dr. Zhang, I will accept the offer of early enrollment." 
Now all I needed to do was tell Sehun... 
I scanned the crowd, and when I saw him, my heart ached for a moment. After everything that just hit me like a bus, seeing him made me even more anxious. 
"...Hi dad." My father was sitting in the crowd with his head held high to be able to see me. I couldn't be angry forever, I knew that. Forgiveness and anger were to totally separate things, and I forgave him.. Because of him, I was able to live on with Sehun. I took a deep breath and put on a smile. 
 
"Everyone, that is my father. I've gone through the hardest times with him, and because of him, and because of a lot of you. But I find the strength to be able to forgive him, like I find the strength to forgive you." Smiling a little at him, I nodded. I knew that he wouldn't say goodbye before I left for college, and he wouldn't call me to see how I was because he didn't care all that much, but that was okay. All he wanted was to see that I graduated, to see me through my young years, and that's all I needed. 
"When I was young, my mother died in a car accident. I'm not going to sugar coat it and say I got through it, because to be honest, I'm still having troubles getting through it. And I think that relates to a lot of the trials life will throw at you guys when you're in college, or if you join the work force right away, or ever wait a year. There are things that you'll never be able to let go, but that's okay, don't let things go, just learn to accept them." I turned around and waved Sehun towards me, and although he gave me a confused face, he got up and walked towards me. 
"Everyone, this is Professor Oh. Now, most of you had him as a teacher and we all know that he is the scariest teacher that everyone hopes not to get, and should be awarded Tyrant of the year award." There was some laughing, and I was glad to know that everyone was listening. I half believed the words that came out of my mouth, and was half saying them because I was supposed to. 
"But Professor Oh is the teacher that I always would hope to get. He pushed me hard, but I would not have gotten where I am right now, today, standing here, without him. And I mean that... My legal name, as of 10 months ago, was changed to Oh Luhan, because this man became my legal guardian." Smiling at Sehun, I took a deep breathe and continued. The sun was shining down on us, and the breeze was cool... 
I think today was a perfect day. 
"I might be over stepping my boundaries as valedictorian, but that's okay, today's my last day aha... Professor Oh gave me things I never had, and I'm still not used to, but I'm happy now. He let me pursue my dreams of going to college by pushing me, so when he was yelling at you, Chanyeol, for falling asleep, he was yelling at you because he didn't want you to let your future go." Baekhyun, who was sitting in one of the front rows, cackled and then began to crack up hysterically. I even laughed a little. 
"So today, in front of all of you, I want to thank him for all he has done for me." I turned to Sehun, 
"And I want to award him teacher of the year." Everyone began to clap for him, and he just stared at me with a smile in his eyes as I handed him a framed paper. It had been printed out earlier that day with my signature right next to the principals below bold text reading, 
'Outstanding Teacher Award 2015'  
"Thank you, Sehun. A paper award isn't enough for what you do for us, and have done for me, but I hope you feel honored by this award." 
"It was my pleasure, thank you." Sehun was not the crying type, but as I looked into his eyes, they grew watery, and he pulled me in for a hug. Everyone 'aww'd and 'ooooh'd at us, but it was okay for us to simply hug now.
 
"In your lives, things may not go as planned. But it'll be alright because there will be someone to pull you through, and if there isn't, give me a call and we can chat haha." If people actually called me, I'd get a new phone..
"Without you all, I wouldn't have learned what I know now, and experienced all that I have, so I thank the class of 2015 for shaping me into the person I am." Whether it was good or bad things that shaped me, I didn't say, i wasn't going to be the one to tell the parents that everyone hated me and still probably did. All the parents saw was a smart kid, who apparently had never met their child. Either way though, I was proud of myself for speaking despite the fact that I was half lying. 
"I thank my father for loving my mother when she was here, and I thank all of the teachers, and Professor Oh, for their hard work and efforts to get us where we are." Most of what I said was true, but the rest of my speech I was practically lying through me teeth. I wasn't about to ruin graduation, so I said things that everyone wanted to hear, and they took it with happy smiles even though they knew what they did. 
"Congratulations class of 2015, you deserve to celebrate." Everyone clapped, but all that really mattered to me was the pride and smile on Sehun's face as he stood by my side. We could together now!
 
Sehun POV: 
"Congratulations class of 2015, you have graduated!" I watched as everyone stood up and cheered. Some were cheering because they were proud they made it through high school, while others cheered because they were glad to be leaving high school. Either way, everyone was smiling. 
But Luhan cried.
From under my chair, I grabbed a bouquet of flowers and my award, and began making my way towards Luhan from the crowd. I'd seen his father leave after the official graduation was announced, so only Kris, Kyungsoo and Jongin were with Luhan. From behind him, I snuck up, and then grabbed him and spun him around. Luhan screamed with excitement and giggled until I put him down. 
"Congratulations, Luhan." I wiped his eyes as he laugh-cried, it was adorable really. 
"Thank you, Sehun. Hehe, ah, I can call you that now because I'm graduated!" I ruffled his hair and laughed out loud, because I was happy. Luhan had grown taller in the past three months and his hair was longer than before- but he was still so beautiful.
Quickly, I grabbed Luhan's hand and pulled him behind me, running behind the school. "Sehun what the-"
"Don't ask questions!" 
"Are you kidnapping me?" I smiled,
"And if I was?" 
"You'd never." Luhan's face was so confused as i looked around for people. Once we were far enough away, where no one would see us, I turned towards Luhan who was still catching his breath and planted a huge kiss on his lips. His breath oh became more rapid, but he didn't pull away. Our kiss was deep, and filled with love and desire.
"Luhan, I know behind the school is not an ideal place to be kissed, but I cannot wait. So Luhan, will you date me again? Because I don't know what I would do without you."
"Aren't you supposed to kiss me after I say yes?" 
"Are you saying no?"
"And if I was?" Smiling his sly smile at me, Luhan broke into a joyful laughter,
"Haha! Of course I'll date you, Sehun!" He flung his arms around me and we kissed again. After waiting so long to be with Luhan, I realized how much I needed him. 
Luhan was my everything, and always would be.
"I love you, Sehun."
"I love you more." We happily returned to the graduation area and talked some more. Even Baekhyun and his friends came to say goodbye to Luhan and chat with us for a bit. 
The rest of the afternoon, we celebrated and went out for dinner, Kris, Luhan, Kyungsoo, Jongin and I. I was glad to have people around me, friends around me, for the first time in my life. 
The one I loved, and the one who loved me. 
We were now together. 
.
.
.
Later that night:
"So, early enrollment, huh?" Luhan, who was laying next to me for the first time after three months, snuggled closer. 
"Oh, Yeah... I'm really sorry I didn't tell you before, Sehun, it's okay if you're mad."
"Mad? I'm not mad, I'm very proud of you. I just wish you'd have told me." 
"I know..."
"But hey, we're together now, right?"
"Hehe, are we?" I began to poke Luhan in the sides, which made him giggle and squirm around. 
"Haha, stop it!" 
"Okay okay." Holding Luhan felt amazing. Even though his body was always cold, the feeling of being close to him, and his scent, made my heart beat faster and my whole body excited, heating me. 
"We can be like this every night. How many months before you leave?" 
"Actually..." Luhan paused and k knew there was some bad news, because he only got cautious when he had something that might make me upset. 
"What is it?" 
"Early enrollment is in two weeks."
"Two weeks?" My heart sunk to the floor like a 100 pound weight, disappointed we couldn't have more time together. 
"I'm so sorry, I know you must be angry with me and I get it, but-"
"No, I don't want to fight... It's okay. I am disappointed, but we are still together and I still love you." 
"I wish we had more time. I don't want to leave so soon." 
"I don't want you to leave so soon either, but let's just spend our time together to the fullest. Let's talk more tomorrow." 
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Sehun." 
"It's okay, we both keep secrets sometimes."
"What secret?" 
"It's nothing," I smiled, 
"Goodnight, Luhan." Luhan sighed, scooting even closer to me until there was no room to move, 
"Goodnight." That night, we both fell asleep in a bliss that we had only dreamt about for the past three months. 
But I, for one, was not about to let him go in just two weeks.