Choose a Side

Professor Oh and I

Luhan POV: 

I was pissed Professor Oh saw the marks, but even more so embarrassed. He probably thought I was getting bullied or something.. which I was.. But that wasn't the point! He was the last person on earth that I wanted to see my injuries and I just wanted to die now that he had. 
"I hate life." I grumbled as I stared blankly at my chemistry homework, regretting running off before the lesson was over. Monday was going to be a drag, and I was not prepared for it. 
 
"Jongin."
"Here!" 
"Luhan." 
".............."
"Luhan."
"Here." 
This is what I didn't understand. 
Professor Oh would be looking right at me as we took attendance, and still feel the need to make me announce to the class that I was there. 
Middle row, front dest, right smack dab in front of his own desk. 
Yet. 
I still needed to say I was 'here.' 
My guess was that he just enjoyed annoying me, either that or he was just oblivious to me being there. 
"Take out your homework from yesterday please. Then hand it in." I pulled out my assignment and sighed before hoisting myself out of my chair to turn it in. Professor Oh didn't even look up at me when I placed it on his desk, and I wondered if he was mad at me for leaving so quickly on Friday. 
"Ow!" A paper ball was thrown at my head, but it was heavy, probably carrying an eraser inside of it. Whipping around, I tried to see who threw it at me. 
"Who the hell threw this?" I picked it up, ready to throw it back. 
"Luhan please sit down." 
"I said, who threw it?!" 
"Last warning, Luhan." Shut up Professor Oh, you're not the one getting hit with objects damn everyday. 
"Was it you? Of course it was." I stared down the one who threw it. I didn't have to see him throw it to know he was aiming for me. 
Lee Kibum. 
He had been my bully for 10 years now. His pushed in face made me sick, all I wanted to do was ring his neck. 
"Here, you can have it back." Chucking the paper right at his face, I nailed him in the forehead. 
"Ow! Professor Oh, he threw something at me!" Kibum stood up and I strutted towards him. 
"Can it, bastard! You threw it first!" I felt fired up. Never before had I thrown anything back in fear it would affect my resume, but I was sick of it. Always walking away and putting my head down, then returning home to my father and getting beaten again. Then going back to school and feeling helpless as the vicious cycle started over, everyday for ten years.  
"I didn't throw anything!"
"You liar!" 
"Luhan, that is enough." Professor Oh stood up calming and walked in between us. He didn't even have to put his arms out to keep us apart, he was so tall we couldn't see each other anyways. 
"Why am I always the one to get in trouble?! I don't deserve this." I was struggling to fight back tears of frustration. Swallowing down my anger like I always did, I looked up at Professor Oh, who was already looking down at me, and scoffed. 
"Whatever. This is just bull." Cursing under my breath as I sat down again, I could feel my blood boil inside me. Any second I was about to explode, I couldn't let that happen. Professor Oh had already walked back to the chalk board and began to write. 
"Copy this definition in your notebooks." I sat still. If I moved, I was afraid I might turn and punch Kibum. 
"Luhan, please write this down." 
"...Excuse me." Before I let my body swing at Kibum, I briskly walked out of the room and down the hall to the infirmary. 
"Nurse, I have a headache, may I lay down?" 
"Yes, go right ahead. Do you have a pass?" 
"No, I just excused myself. I'm really dizzy.." 
"What class are you coming from?"
"Chemistry with Professor Oh." 
"I'll let him know, go ahead and rest." I made my way to the last bed and pulled the curtain around it, blocking myself out from everything but the window that was so high up I could only see the sky when I laid down. 
Closing my eyes, I pictured myself as a hot drink. As steam arose, so did my anger. I was letting myself drift away to dream about a better place than where I was. 
 
Ding! Ding! Ding! 
 
I jolted awake at the sound of the bell. How long had I been asleep? Pulling back the curtain, I saw that I had only been asleep for two class periods and it was now lunch time. 
I wasn't hungry. 
Laying back down, I contemplated wether or not I should go back to class. I never missed school, even when I was sick, in fear of my father. But today... I just couldn't seem to get myself to go back to class. 
What's one sick day going to do? 
I pulled the curtain back around the bed,
"Ahh~" I stretched out on my back with a satisfied sigh,
"This is worth a beating." Not too long after I closed my eyes again, I heard footsteps nearing me. Assuming it was the nurse, I pretended to be asleep so she wouldn't send me back to class. The nurse and I had gotten to know each other a bit throughout the years. She was elderly but very very kind and spunky. She treated me like a human rather than a punching bag or a stress reliever. 
"Luhan." That was not her voice. Suddenly I felt a warm hand on my forehead. Then it moved to my cheek, and back to my forehead. A warm sensation came over my body, something had been put over it. It was too light to be a blanket, and nurse didn't have any anyways. 
It felt more like a cloth with a distinct human scent on it. 
Do I open? 
Do I stay asleep? 
My first thought was that it was Professor Oh, but he had his lunch this hour and would be in the teacher's lounge. 
Was it Kibum? Maybe he was going to get revenge... By taking my temperature... 
My sleeve moved. I could feel my sleeve being pulled down slightly, my collar then rubbing against my neck. 
I shot my eyes open and quickly sat up, scooting back until I touched the wall. 
"Don't touch me." His blonde hair and dark eyes.. 
"Don't ever touch me." The way he looked at me with no expression. 
"I'm sorry." I hated him. 
"I want to talk to you after school today." 
"I don't want to be tutored today."
"I'm not tutoring you today, I just want to talk." 
"No."
"Luhan-"
"Get out!" I crumpled up his lab coat and threw it at him. He was not on my side, he was on theirs. The way he made it seem like it was my fault this morning, he wasn't there to help me. Professor Oh stood up and put his lab coat back on, 
"I'll be in the chemistry room until 4:30." Then turned and walked away, stretching the curtain back out. 
Professor Oh wasn't on my side,
He never was.