Chapter 28

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 28“Past”

 

The place was dark, black to be exact. But strangely, everyone was visible; glowing even. Standing before them was Daemin, his gaze on the ground, right in front of the sixteen figures. Looking back up at Kai, Daemin opened his mouth.

“You brought her to the garden, here in the vampire world, some days ago, right? Well, the moment she touched the trunk of a tree she made a connection with me. Or more like with my other part, the nature. What question comes up when I introduce myself as the darkness?”

“Why you call yourself an element?” Sehun replied sassily, earning himself a shove by Baekhyun.

“Who the light is?”

“Please don't say Jaelin.” Sehun groaned then.

“Ten points for the light-user and minus hundred for the y face.” Daemin scowled. ”When I was sealed away the second time by the elders and those four.” He glared at the four figures. “I was split into two. Daemin, the darkness and Saemin the light. My twin as you may say. He was the one that turned Jaelin human during the time everything got way to dangerous for her. And to clear things; it wasn't me that killed Meilin and Jaesung. I am not the one responsible for Jaelin's parents death, it were the elders instead.”

“Right, and why would they do that?” Baeksoo scoffed, not believing anything Daemin is saying.

“Believe me or not, but the elders are too power hungry to stay still when someone supposedly has stronger powers than them.”

“So to state what you are implying: You really are trying to make us believe you that the elders are the one killing Meilin and Jaesung because of power? Both Meilin and Jaesung may be pure-bloods, but they never really had strong powers.”

“No, they didn't. But Jaejoong had and it looked like Jaelin did as well. And they elders wanted to use that. Let's start with the night after Kai brought her to the vampire world for a moment. Like I said, she made a connection with Saemin and through him I could make her start to remember. Or more like see and re-live her memories when she was small through her dreams.”

“The nightmares she woke up from hysterically were her memories?” Luhan asked.

Daemin winced. “I wish the process wouldn't be connected with her experiencing pain again.” He sighed. “Let's go through the memories she saw.”

"She is just a child for goodness sake, she didn't know what she did. She has no control over it, please understand that!"

The black area suddenly lit up, the place changing, people standing before them.

It was a woman crying out in tears. She had long dark brown hair that flowed silkily on her back, her eyes a dark brown colour. She was sitting on the couch in a huge room that looked like a library or office of some sort. They were now witnessing everything before their own eyes, without being able to change anything. Just like how Tao previously showed Jaelin some of his childhood memories.

Minxing gasped, her eyes watering. “Oh Meilin.”

"That's the problem, Meilin!" A man shouted, Jaesung. "She could do much more, we just need to protect the others. It's our duty! We need to protect her from herself."

“Are those Jaelin's parents?” Lay whispered. “Are they talking about Jaelin?”

"You are taking her away from me." Another voice spoke suddenly. A younger man was standing at the doorway looking directly at Jaelin. She was sitting on one of the single chairs a bit father from both figures."You guys are so laughable, talking everything while she is in the room with you guys. When she goes, I go too. No one separates us." He growled, strolling towards Jaelin's figure.

“Who is that?” Xiumin frowned confused.

“Jaejoong hyung, Jaelin's older brother.” Tao informed.

“Yes and not really” Daemin chuckled. “His role in this is far more complicated.”

Walking towards the couch at the back of the room, Jaejoong leaned towards her.

"Come on, angel eyes." He smiled down at her softly. "Let's go to sleep." He picked her up and carried her towards the door, her head buried into his neck. 

"You won't leave me, right?" Jaelin's voice was small and frail, she was really near the tears. "You will always be besides me, right?"

Seeing their mate so vulnerable and sad as a child broke the hearts of the boys. They have witnessed her being conflicted, but never so depressed and just so sad.

"You will always be besides me, right?"

"Of course, I will." He kissed her head. "I will never leave, but always protect you!"

When everything turned black again, everyone's attention was back on Daemin.

“Role?” Kris frowned, whispering more to himself than to anyone else.

“This happened after the massacre, let me explain this memory after we have seen the others. I couldn't control in what order she got to dream about her memories.”

It was a cold day. The wind was howling outside, bending the trees to it's wishes while the moon lit up the dark places all around the large garden. Jaelin's room included, of course.

She was sitting on the ground right in front of a large window, hugging her knees to her chest. The window in front of her had a beautiful frame with roses and other flowers sculptured around the glass.

Looking at her hands, Jaelin was wondering why she was the only one with such a destructive power. She was just a kid, mere six years old and yet, she was probably able to hurt even the strongest of the vampires.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" A beautiful melodic deep voice asked her and as she turned around, a man ruffled her head. Sitting down besides her, he hugged her from the side. "Are you sulking?"

"Dae?" She whispered softly. "What are you doing here?"

"Comforting you of course." He chuckled amused, leaning his head on hers before looking out of the long window in-front of them. "I told you that I will be always there for you, especially when you feel sad, alone."

Leaning into him, Jaelin smiled, a tear escaping her eyes. He was really always there for her. "Thank you Dae. But I am scared. I may hurt you."

"You know very well that I can protect myself, right." He tapped her nose. "Besides, anything for you Lin." He cooed and squeezed her, making her giggle.

“She was just six, but already so depressed and hateful of herself that it clearly scared me.” Daemin sighed out.

Jaelin felt cold.

Probably not because of the temperature, but the ground she was sitting on. Or maybe not.

Maybe it was her heart that was cold, maybe it was her mind, her thoughts that were cold. Maybe it was her whole dark being.

And that was a moment of self contempt, a moment of questioning oneself. Was she good? Did she had good intentions? Was her nature good?

When you try to prove that thesis, which states: 'Yes you are indeed good.', you would look back into your past actions. Was I really good to others? Was the good things outweighing the bad things?

What about sins? Wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter