Chapter 27

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 27“Consequences”

 

“So what do we do now? Go in there and throw the photo at their face and shout bloody murder?” Sehun sarcastically said. It would be a surprise if he would ever say anything without sarcasm this time around. His mood was foul to no end.

“Yeah,” Suho nodded, a hard and serious look on his face. “That's exactly what we are going to do.”

Sehun stopped walking, resulting in Luhan and Baekhyun to walk into him.

“Move, Sehun?!” Baekhyun groaned. “Why the hell did you stop?”

“Are you for real Hyung?” Sehun retorted, ignoring Baekhyun while he turned towards Suho. “They will behead us. We can't just disrespect them like that!”

“I don't care,” the leader suddenly exploded, his concern mixing with his anger.“It's about my – our – mate. Every vampire has the right to be like this in case of their missing soulmate! Besides, the photo is the only clue we got.”

“Suho, calm down.” Lay ordered. “Your anger will bring us nowhere.”

Biting his inner cheek, Suho tried to even his breath before closing his burning eyes. If he could, he would gladly cry at a corner somewhere. Just out of frustration and pent up anger. Shouting was not a good way to calm down and release the anger, he knew. But that was the only thing he could do, he was helpless.

“What is with the shouting I hear? Why are you fighting?” A soft female voice chimed in front of them and the boys instantly look forward to find a beautiful, dark brown haired, beauty. “Son, are you alright?” She walked towards Suho with concern vivid in her eyes.

It was Baeksoo, the mother of Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun. She was a very feminine and elegant woman, mostly soft spoken and very kind. She was also the silent type and really patient. He petite frame and elegant aura was just complimenting her whole character. But she was also stubborn and very persistent. She wouldn't doubt any decision of her own, yet sometimes, she would regret not having thought about the other way.

“Mother,” Suho breathed out surprised, his face hardening right after though. “We need to talk. Where is father and are aunt Minxing and uncle Yihan here?”

“Yes, all three of them are in the living room, concerned about the forest. Have you heard of it already? Kyungsoo?”

“Yes, mother. I can feel it.” D.O mumbled, diverting his eyes. The nature of the vampire world seemed to have no energy left, it was dying. “However, we need to talk about something else.”

“What is it?” She asked while turning around and walking ahead. “You all are looking quite serious and tense, it must be important.”

“It's extremely important.” Xiumin replied grimly.

“Now I am curious,” the woman chuckled and opened the door, interrupting the conversation of the three figures in the room.

“Boys,” a light brown haired man stood up from his seat, looking quite happy to see his sons and nephews. It was Yihan, the father of Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Lay, Chen and Tao. “Where were you? We nearly grew worried to have seen your absence from the palace and were-.”

“Are you guys alright?” The blond woman – Minxing – interrupted her husband, feeling the concern and anger, thanks to her powers. She was – similar to Baeksoo – a petite woman, but way smaller. Her hair was a lighter shade of brown than her husband, nearly blond-brown, but they were way shorter and reaching just slightly past her shoulders.

“No, we are not.” Kyungsoo walked up to them to stand in front, his face blank. “But we will be the moment you guys explain us certain things.”

“And what would that be?” Sehyun – Baeksoo's husband – asked, frowning. He was different than Yihan, a very muscular man. Tall with black hair, like his wife.

“This,” Luhan practically slammed the photo on the table, glaring at his parents with full force. “What are you guys doing in this photo with our mate?”

The moment the two couple's got a look at the photo they paled, their eyes growing.

“Where did you get this?” Yihan asks shocked, taking the photo into his hand.

“Mate?” Minxing whispered. “No, no. Oh my god.”

“That explains the happening with the forest and the earthquakes as well.” Baeksoo let herself down on the couch, suddenly to weak to even stand probably.

“What are you hiding from us? We have the right to know!” Lay said hotly.

“That's not importa-”

“It is!” Tao saw red. “Our human mate was kidnapped and the only thing indicating anything is this damn picture of her with you guys, so spill the beans before I freeze you all, so Luhan can look into your mind.”

Looking at the younger one, the boys awed. Tao was frightening and even his parents were shocked of his statement. Tao was known to be mature, even if he was one of the youngest; but had his childish days as well. Yet, he was never aggressive or suggested that he ever was. Especially to his parents, who he looked up to.

“This is not easy to explain...” Minxing shook her head. “It's complicated.”

“You don't say,” Luhan commented annoyed. “We figured as much.”

“Luhan, we are your elders.” Sehyun said forcefully.

“Does it change anything if you guys are not telling us about something we have the right to now? It's about our mate and I sure know how to make it easy for you. Is Jaelin our sister?” Luhan started to fire questions. “Is she related to us? What is her connection to you and our world?”

“No, she is not your sister.” Baeksoo sighed, giving in. “She is not directly related to you, us. But you guys saw her before or heard of her at least. When you were way smaller.”

Baekhyun gulped. “Oh god, don't tell me that she actually is already a vampire.”

Sehyun massaged his face, groaning the next moment because – for a fact – his son was right. “She is or at least was a pure-blood.”

“But she was made human because of the danger or evil person lurking somewhere?” Sehun raised an eyebrow. “Really? Since when was such a thing possible?”

Minxing shakes her head again. “It isn't. That's why we don't know how it happened.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Kai asked angrily.

“We had nothing to do with her suddenly turning human, it kind of happened.” Yihan replied. “And till now, we don't know who did.”

“How can Jaelin be a pure-blood if we are the only still living family?” Lay questioned, frowning heavily. “And how can anyone turn somehow human so suddenly without anything going on?”

“Jaelin and her older brother are the only one still alive.” Baeksoo replied. “But her brother disappeared the moment she was turned.”

“She has a brother?”

“That is the strange presence we felt.” Xiumin pointed out, eyes widening. “Of course, her brother took her and wanted us to know about her past. So he left the photo of her with our parents to find out about this.” He directed his gaze towards the boys, before looking back at the four sitting people. “What really happened in the past?”

“We took the photo for Jaelin because we knew that we would not be able to be around much when she grows up.” Baeksoo looked down. “Minxing and Yihan posed as her parents whenever it was needed in the human world, like for school or something. Yet, we had so much to do in this world and couldn't really look after her much, not after...” And she went still, biting he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter