Chapter 16

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER sixteen“Kai”

 

 

Being woken up when you went to bed late was one of the most horrible feelings Jaelin knew. (It was six in the morning.)She hated being groggy, without energy. It was inconvenient in every aspect. She wasn't feeling well, had a bad mood and on top of that a headache. 

Nothing could really lift her spirit and mood, besides the words that she could go back to sleep.

"We are going to travel!" Kai announced brightly and the previous statement is officially taken back. 

Travelling, of course. Something Jaelin always wanted to do and now she has the opportunity. Finally.

"You should pack all different kinds of clothing. For summer and winter!" He announced further, bouncing on her bed. 

"Where are we going?" She muttered, rubbing her eyes while sitting up. She still wanted to sleep, to be quite frank. 

"Anywhere you want!" He leant in and smiled even wider, seeing her shifting away nervously. Him being close made her heart pound.

"The Eiffel Tower, Paris." She suddenly blurted out blankly, with raised eyebrows.

Kai shrugged and nodded. "If you want to go there, we can."

"Are you serious?" She tried to not laugh at him. "The last time I checked you just had one day to spend with me and a flight to France takes longer than 12 hours."

Kai merely smirked at her. Making her hold her breath in, in the progress. That dude could smirk quite....let's not go there! Let's just say that Jaelin was indeed fazed by the said smirk, blushing hard. Funny that she took notice of it just now, or that it has now actual effect on her.

"Right, I never told you about my power. We could say that the shadows are my speciality, besides the power that will help us travel of course." He smiled genuinely while thinking about showing her the beauty of earth she wanted to see so very often.

Opening and awe, Jaelin couldn't contain her happy feelings to bubble up. "Your main power is teleportation."

"Yes, so you should go and pack some things." He ruffled her hair and laid down on his back, his arms crossed behind his head comfortably.

"This is so cool." Jaelin instantly jumped up and packed her things, questioning Kai the whole time.

"Can we go to Rome as well?"

"What about Berlin?"

"China is cool too!"

"I want to go to the UK!"

"Not to forget Turkey!"

"Russia! Can we go to Russia as well?"

"The USA is obvious, right?"

Jongin just laughed, assuring her that they could visit the cities to her hearts contend. Seeing her so hyper was making him extremely happy, while the thought that she is the happiest with his idea of the solo day made him smirk.

"Where should we go first?" Jaelin asked nearly jumping up and down with joy. It was funny to see and Kai was sure that his heart would stop beating by the adorable sight any moment. "I need to know how thick or thin my clothes need to be."

"I would say France so that we could eat breakfast there?" He offered. "If that's okay with you, of course."

Jaelin just shrugged. "Yeah, why not. We are going  everywhere I want after all." She winked and disappeared into the bathroom to change.

Finishing in less than five minutes – she would definitely use every second of the day to see the places she wanted to see so bad -, she sprinted out leaving her bag in the room with a frown.

Finding Kai in the living room, she stalked towards him. "Why do I need to pack my things, when we can always come back to change?"

Looking at her for some time he grew red. "That urgh....I am so dumb." He shook his head and facepalmed. "Why haven't I thought about that?"

'Because you were too happy to finally spend time with her, you idiot.' He reprimanded himself. OF course, what else would be the reason? Maybe not being so smart? That would be one reason why Jaelin is his mate. In the end, mates complete each other.

"Okay, are you ready then?" He held out his hands for her to take. 

"If you tell me how this works." She raised an eyebrow and looked at his hand sceptically.

"I don't know that myself actually." He laughed nervously. "I just need to picture the place I want to go and that's it."

"Sounds strange." She frowned.

"You mean like twelve vampires claiming that you are their mate?" He smirked.

"Touché." She laughed.

"So are you ready?" He smiled shyly.

"Ready if you are." She smiled back and took his outstretched hand. 

Pulling her towards his chest, Kai hugged her tightly. "It would be the best if you would hold your breath. The little 'travel' could make you nauseous." 

Nodding she did just that, closing her eyes in the progress and in the next moment they were gone. The weird feeling of floating just latest for a second, before she felt the ground under her feet again swaying to stand to find her balance. 

Loosening his hold on her after being sure that she would fall, he her hair away from her face. 

Opening her eyes she smiled at Kai and turned around to look at her surrounding. They are standing in a rather dark alley. "What time is it?"

"It's ten pm. and still Friday, which means that the streets will be full." He looked at his phone, where he for installed all the clocks for each city

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter