Chapter 1

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE   “JaelIn for YOU”

 

The term boring was a quite weird one. It could mean two things. I am bored out of my mind and would rather do something else than root here in the classroom or can't the damn teacher stop talking about the same thing all the time? Either way, it has a similar definition: change something.

Jaelin felt like that right now. Bored. But rather than the first version like the rest of the school popularity or the second one like the little nerds, she had another meaning to it. Her own definition. If you would say boring to her, she'd answer with everything. Because it's simple as that. Nothing was interesting that couldn't be described as not boring and that's why she didn't bother with any thoughts of escaping. In the end, she didn't have anything better to do. Well other than reading all the time, which she is doing in the moment by the way.

And honestly, teachers didn't bother her anymore. Why should they even? She could answer their question without even thinking hard about it. If she wanted to. The advantage of having nothing to do, even at home. Blame her parents, which she did in the beginning, but stopped thinking it was unnecessary in the end. But was she the school smartest student? Probably, yes. Was she the number one in academics? Basically, she was and the teachers knew that but the highest record she had in the school exams was 14th place. Why? She really didn't bother answering all the questions. Just the ones she herself found fairly appealing.

Is Jaelin perfect? I mean with her beautiful long brown hair and dark orbs, which looks red in some angles and her cute nose and slim yet full lips added to her academics?

She was far from it. Deep down there is an insecure little girl wanting warmth and comfort from a parental figure. A real hug, a real kiss, a real birthday. But she is overplaying everything with indifference, acting like she is already used to it and it's nothing. Just at home, alone she can be her true self. Who thought that such a girl loved the supernatural, namely ghosts, banshees, demons and other creatures of scary movies? She really liked to read or watch videos about cursed items like a portrait or clock. It was fascinating her, but even more the hidden stories of the items and the ghosts. It always reminds her that her 'fate' wasn't the worst, but rather harmless compared to theirs.

This is Jaelin for you.

 

*

 

Following the school bell, it was finally the last lesson of the day. A free period, nothing to do, which led the students to go home directly, packing their things and leaving the building. Everyone but Jaelin.

She comfortably sat on her place and resumed reading in silence, not really interested in going home soon. It would really not matter, in the end, she would do the same as she will do here.

Jaelin was a fairly patient person, but one of the many things she overly hated was any interruption. Even more, if she was absorbed into a book with a good plot and an interesting character development.

Slowly looking up at the person who called her, she closed her book, hiding the book title from her classmate. Sena.

"I just wanted to ask if you would want to hang out with Noah, Lucas and I a bit?" Sena was the closest to her of her classmates as close as you can get with Jaelin. The girl was graceful and quite cute, with her light brown hair and green eyes. Sena would often ask Jaelin out, who would always try to refuse the cute girl as gently as possible. It never worked and today too. Sena basically stuffed Jaelin's things into her bag and practically dragged her towards the school gates, meeting the two cousins.

"You guys should really go without me," Jaelin spoke up without even greeting the two boys.

"No can do, Jaelin. We'll force you if needed." Lucas smiled at her. They were used at Jaelin refusing to go with them, the last resort they could use was a force.

Jaelin really couldn't decide what to feel around the little clique. It's not like she never hung out with them, she just couldn't quite understand so outgoing people. She is a rather quiet and observant type of girl. Smiling very rarely, but more of opening her eyes in a questioning manner. She was a curious type and she would love to go travelling. But who would even understand that? Who woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter