Chapter 13

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER thirteen“CHanyeol”

 

Groaning sleepily, Jaelin stirred awake. Rubbing her eyes lightly, she slowly sat up or she tried to at least.

Noticing an arm around her middle, Jaelin turned towards the owner to find Sehun – who she consoled because of his fear of the movie – hugging her close to himself on the couch.

The reason why she was the one for him? Well, the others were not even bothered by the silent whining of the (poor) boy. Her (heart) nerves couldn't take it, she just needed to help him.

Looking around the room, she found the other boys sprawled around the ground. Some using the others as a pillow, while hugging each other close. Truthfully, Jaelin was extremely smitten by the fact that the boys seemed to have surrounded her like they were protecting her, even in their sleep.

But what made her smile with affection the most was the silent boy – Tao - who was sleeping right beside her on the ground. Mumbling incoherently, the said boy tapped on the ground in front of him in search of something. As his hand finally came to hold a pillow, he took it and hugged it. A bright and sleepy smile appeared on his face the next moment.

Jaelin nearly melted at the sight, which was impossible as the boy who held her was doing the same, but with her as the pillow instead.

Trying to take her arm around his now stronger hold, she slowly ran her fingers through his fluffy hair enjoying the relaxed expression the boy had. The sleeping form of Sehun seemed quite precious, he looked like a little child. How could she be able to protect her heart from these boys?

"Are you falling for me?" Sehun suddenly whispered, startling Jaelin to the core.

"Y-you're awake..." She stuttered and laughed nervously, getting beat red.

"Good morning." He just smirked, closing his eyes and pulling her back into his arms. "Let's sleep a bit longer."

"Let her go Sehun or I will burn your hands." Chanyeol leant in towards their hugging figures on the couch to snap back his hands around Jaelin and picked her up bridal style.

Right before exiting the living room with a complaining Jaelin, Chanyeol turned around towards the slowly waking up figures. "I want everyone out of the apartment! Today is my alone time with Jaelin and I want to enjoy it alone with her for as long as possible. So, out!" And he went out leaving the gaping figures.

Suho blinked several times, before being able to open his mouth. "Was that really Chanyeol?"

"Wow, that was charismatic." Luhan looked awestruck.

"Having a mate really changes you," Lay commented. "Chanyeol seems to have a lot of confidence so suddenly."

"We should really follow his orders." Sehun pouted while rubbing the sore spot on his hand that was around Jaelin a moment ago. "I have a feeling that he is serious."

 

*

 

Setting Jaelin down on the bed, he went towards her closet to choose the clothes for her. "Because today is our day together, I get to choose what you are going to wear."

"Why?" Jaelin questioned. "What have you planned for today?"

"Nothing special, just staying at home actually." He answered and threw something on her bed. "Wait here, I am going to bring you something from my room and check if the guys really went away."

Looking closely at the item Chanyeol threw on her bed, Jaelin recognised grey sweatpants, but just that and nothing else.

"Wear the pants along with this." He suddenly reappeared, throwing her a white shirt, his shirt. Chanyeol wanted to see her in his clothes so bad. And besides, she will smell like him the whole day. He smirked inwardly, she would be only his today.

Running into the bathroom to take a long and relaxing shower to massage her tensed muscles – thanks to the movie night, Jaelin took her time. Finally combing her hair into a messy bun, she went towards the kitchen to find Chanyeol cooking.

The sight really shouldn't be as beautiful as it is. It really shouldn't make her all fuzzy insight, it shouldn't. Yet it did. Big time. Trying to control her raging emotions, she stepped into the room, withstanding the want to hug him from behind and cuddle into him. What was wrong with her? Why was she suddenly craving skinship?

"I am nearly finished, could you hand me some plates?" Chanyeol suddenly spoke, turning around to give her a large smile. "Good morning, by the way."

"Good morning," Jaelin replied suddenly dazed. How come she never noticed his smile?

Stepping towards the cupboard like a penguin, Jaelin brought out three plates never leaving her gaze from the boy.

'What's going on?' She mouthed to herself. Was Chanyeol always this appealing and charismatic?

As Jaelin sat down after finishing preparing the table, Chanyeol just took one of the plates and put pancakes on it. Setting the plate down on the table, Chanyeol turned the chair beside Jaelin around to face her. Sitting down, he cut a piece and held it towards Jaelin.

"I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter