Chapter 22

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER22 “ Dream”

 

 

Drip drop.

Funnily enough, Jaelin could swear to have heard water droplets falling on the ground. But where was the ground? All she could see was darkness, so she was actually seeing nothing.

Another strange dream? Probably. How she detested them, they were scaring her. She was never the person to have nightmare, but they were constantly coming and it was hard to ignore them when the thought that they boys were at fault – again – was nagging at her all the time.

She really should ask them if having nightmares was a silent agreement that she found her mates. A strange method, yet taking into consideration that everything was strange lately, she could care less. Let's also have in mind that she is now caring about things, she thought she could care less before. So we were back at square one.

Looking around, Jaelin randomly walked around. She wasn't really sure where she was walking to, but darkness all around her was practically impossible. There was an escape somewhere for sure.

Are the boys playing with me? The thought actually seemed legit, taking into consideration that Jaelin completely ignored the most annoying ones out of them. At that was practically more than half of them. Of course excluding sweet Lay, Suho and D.O. The rest, even Kris, were a pain in, basically everywhere.

“You shouldn't.”

Turning around abruptly, Jaelin gasped. She wasn't alone in here, she should have known it.

Frowning at the strangers words – the one which she couldn't actually see – she titled her head to the side. “What?”

Walking up to her, his face cleared as her surroundings lightened up. But the area around them was still pitch black. This wasn't natural, not at all.

“You shouldn't go there.” He was tall and absolutely handsome , with his dark brown or even black hair, which were swept to the side. His whole posture was confident and certain, his brown orbs not wavering away from hers. He knew what he was talking about, just as he knew what he wanted to reach with his words. “Whatever you do, don't go with them Jaelin! It's important that you don't stay there.”

Opening to ask about the topic the stranger was talking about and who he actually was, she found no words to form. was dry and she was utterly confused. However, she could feel how important the warning actually was. How serious this meeting actually is and she wasn't dumb to connect things. It was obvious that something regarding the boys was meant. But she also wished her thoughts to be false, because that would just complicate things further and she wasn't sure to what extend she could tolerate anything anymore.

“I am confused.” It didn't sound as calm as she wanted it to be.

“Soon.” He simply said and smiled before the place around her literally broke. Shards of the black surface was splitting revealing the white background as they fell down further and further, not hitting any ground. It seems like they were floating, not standing on the actual ground and then Jaelin was falling as well.

***

The haze around the time Jaelin spend with the boys was slowly clearing and thoughts of self doubt were spreading in her mind. Uncertainty was settling inside her and she felt nearly suffocated.

The dream was also upsetting Jaelin way more than it should. She couldn't really reassure and mislead herself with a thought that it's just a dream, it was not working anymore. There was something behind this all and it scared her.

Sitting on the breakfast table with her head leaned on her left hand, she played with her food. She didn't had an appetite and her mood was downer than down. Not even noticing the attention of the boys, which were on her, she resumed pouting and sulked.

“You look like .” Xiumin being blunt as ever and talking without any filter, just couldn't stop himself from voicing out his honest opinion. He was right tough. Jaelin wasn't really looking after herself, not after she was ill. 'The boys should like me how I am,' was her status lately. Internally she just wished for the boys to go and let her be, just because of the fear from choosing.

“Gee, thanks. I feel really awesome.” She replied dryly, earning a chuckle from him.

“Everything alright? Is something on your mind?” Suho asked besides her, looking at her with his always gentle and soft gaze.

Choosing not to tell them, she just shook her head. “Not really, just sleepy. Oh, and a light nightmare.” It wasn't even a lie, but they seriously didn't need to know everything.

Frowning at her words, Luhan looked away. He just wished to be able to use his powers, now he is the least one to understand her.

Noticing the headage coming, Jaelin sighed and stood up. “I'm finished.”

The boys stared, something was obvious wrong.

“You haven't even eaten a bite.” Chen pointed out.

“Come on, what is really going on?” D.O asked, looking up at with the same worry the boys' face mirrored.

“I am just tired and bored and,” she paused shrugging. “that's it.” Again, she wasn't really lying.

“Let's do something then?” Kris offered. “All together, how about that?”

Sighing she sat back down. “What do you have in mind?”

“We can go for a walk.” Lay piped up. “It's sunny outside and quite nice.”

“Yeah, a picnic would be great” Chanyeol smiled, his mouth still full with food, which earned him a hit on the head from Baekhyun.

“You are just thinking about food, aren't you?”

“Eat with your mouth closed Chanyeol.” Jaelin moaned in disgust.

“Sorry,” he mumbled embarrassed.

“Anyone with more ideas?” She asked. To be honest, Jaelin was edgy. She couldn't remember when the last time was she slept peacefully. She was totally exhaust and she was no where near hell in the mood to spend time with anyone. She just wanted to stay in her room, preferably read a book – or her favourite book again – and eat some snack. Chocolate, what else. Or ice cream, ice cream is awesome as well.

“Staying home and watching something.” Sehun said and Jaelin jumped at that.

“Agree!” She voiced out, happy at Sehun. “Okay, now that we - ”

“We can go shopping.” Suho cut her off. It was obvious that Jaelin was on a lazy phase. “ Girls like clothes and you do too Jaelin, fashion is one of the things you enjoy.”

Nodding at that, she looked at him. “When I am in the mood, yes. But right now?”

“In the mood?” Kai mumbled. “You are often in the mood when you force yourself sometimes though. Like with writing some of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter