Chapter 24

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER24“ TENSION”

 

Jaelin was still cranky the next day. Someone could even say that her mood was worst than before. It was not hard to see that she wasn't able to regain her good or even indifferent mood back again. She was now veritably avoiding the boys and even school. For the first time in a long while she was actually skipping school and that not is not just planned for a couple of days either because she couldn't know when she would feel any better.

The boys were trying to cheer her up of course, they were making more jokes, talking and trying to engage her in random conversations a lot. But she just couldn't follow, her mind was always somewhere else – busy with something else. Mainly trying to evaluate her situation and trying to comprehend the reality and the seriousness of everything. This was life, no dream, no movie, no book. It was reality for her and Jaelin found it hard – no, she was rather making it hard for herself – to get that through. Yet, she still felt as if she was being manipulated by something, like she wasn't in her right state of mind to make this decision. Not when the boys were around her all the time, not when she felt that something to be the boys. Clouding her mind and befuddling her senses.

"Do you like flowers Jaelin?" Baekhyun asked randomly, taking a seat besides her on the couch.

"No." She just replied as her gaze never wavering from herlap.

"Why?" Chen asked, who sat on the couch in front of Jaelin. Suho was sitting right besides him, watching Jaelin intensely. Her behaviour was concerning him.

"They die." She sighed standing up and walking away in the progress. The boys just frowned and followed her figure with their eyes. She was not very talk-active recently, for a fact, she wasn'teven replying in full sentences anymore. It even looked like she was deeply annoyed whenever anyone opened his mouth.

"She is not eating probably." D.O came into the room, having heard the short conversation. "I am afraid that she will faint or something."

"I am really not understanding what is actually really going on with her." Sehun remarked dully. Everything was getting to confusing.

"Maybe she is on her period?" Xiumin asked around, coming out from behind the sofa.

"What were you doing there Hyung?" Chen turned around. "And I doubt it's because of her hormones or something. We would smell it otherwise, wouldn't we?"

"Sleeping," he jumped besides him. "And I suppose so."

"Maybe she is still ill, or ill again." Tao shrugged. "She could have a headache or something."

"She is actually pretty healthy." Lay walked into the room. "I still think it's because of the decision, but now she is way more cold towards us than before."

"She is being a real towards us," Luhan mumbled sulkily.

"Hey, mind what you are calling her!" Kris nearly growled.

"How does a even behave?" Suho raised his eye brow."Wait till Jaelin hears about this. She won't kill you because you insulted her, but because that sounded nearly shaming. Behave, will you!"

Sehun just groaned, "she is being unfair towards us, it nearly feels like she is just using us. How do you expect us to behave?!"

"Nobody said that it would be easy, Sehun." Chen stated calmly, his face tense. "We knew that it would be hard to convince her and even harder to make her trust us."

"But Sehun is right," Xiumin muttered. "We all are pretty understanding and we were careful and gentle around her, yet she is behaving like this and I find it unfair."

"It's a pity that Luhan can't read her mind anymore." Kai looked down, silently agreeing with the youngest and oldest one. "How was she even able to block him off if nobody told her?"

"Jaelin is smart," Xiumin leaned back, his gaze towards the ceiling. "She probably experimented. Like imagining a wall or something."

"But I am not able to reach her mind at all." Luhan whispered."It's completely blocked off. If she would imagine a wall, she would have phases where I could break through. Nobody is able to think about a wall 24 hours a day. Besides, I would still be able to 'go into' her mind and then see the wall she creates."

"Something is wrong then?" Tao asks slowly.

"No , she behaves like a pregnant lady," Sehun hissed."How is she our mate if she doesn't understand us at all? A relationship is definitely not one sided."

"True."

"You agree to that Chanyeol?" Baekhyun looked at his, probably, best-friend wide eyed.

"A relationship isn't one sided and we did give our best and spoke from our soul, it just hurts that she is now so mean towards us." The tower explained.

"We just need to force ourself more into her life then." Luhan shrugged. "She hasn't eaten, right? We all can make her something together and bring it to her. Maybe after she hears that we all cooked it, she would eat it?"

"I don't know," Sehun replied. "I don't think that she will eat it at all, yet alone talk to us. I bet that she will ignore us."

"We will see."

*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter