Chapter 26

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 26 “Photo”

 

“We can clearly say that someone is playing with us,” Kris stated blankly while pacing back and forth in the now tidied up living room of their lost mate. All twelve of them searched through the whole city for any traces of Jaelin, some of the guys even went through every millimetre of her apartment for any hints, futile. “Seeing as it's just her living room that was trashed, it seems like the kidnapper wants us to know that she was taken from us.”

“Jaelin doesn't have any photos around her home,” Luhan spoke up, reciting his thoughts from the time he discovered the picture. “Which means that the kidnapper put the picture there for us to see.”

“A message?” Lay frowned.

“To say what?”Sehun scoffed. “That she is related to us? Why not say it to our faces?”

“Would you believe anyone claiming that our mate is blood related to us?” Chen rhetorically asked. “I for an instance wouldn't.”

“The message is that she is our sister?” Tao asked horrified, already disgusted with just the thought.

“No, I think that the message is that there are things being hidden from us,” Suho voiced out thoughtfully.

“From Jaelin?” Baekhyun questioned loudly. “Wait no, that wouldn't make sense. They would have forced her to tell us otherwise and Luhan would have known because he could read her mind before.”

“I didn't look that deep into her mind,”Luhan informed. “And if she knew everything beforehand, it would explain how she is suddenly able to block her mind off.”

“So Jaelin didn't just knew of vampires and the other world, but about our parents as well?” Chen asked. “How did they meet, if she is human?”

“You mean, if she is even human,” Sehun scoffed. “Taking her action into consideration, she could have easily lied to us since the beginning, feeling guilty after noticing our efforts and sincerity.”

“Sehun, how about toning down the hate and activating your logic thinking?” D.O's jaw tightened with annoyance.

“You guys are not even questioning your feelings for her, and then you think that you are using your logical thinking?” Sehun groaned, frustrated. “How pathetic is that?”

“What are you talking about.” Chanyeol questioned.

“Jaelin may be our soulmate, but are we really loving her? Is the feeling we get when she is around love? What if that is just attraction because she is our perfect counterpart. Ever heard of the possibility that she can be just our best-friend and not lover? Being soulmates doesn't mean love, just that we suit each other.”

“Do you mean that you don't love her then?” Suho mumbled unbelieving.

“Honestly, I don't know,” he admitted. “I don't know the feeling love and maybe I never will, but it frustrates me that you guys are not questioning it. Everyone makes mistakes, it could even be that Jaelin as our soulmate could be a mistake or something.”

“No, fate does never a mistake while choosing the mates.” Kyungsoo frowned. “It may seem so at first, but it's just a question of time and getting to now each other fully.”

Sehun chuckled humourlessly. Kyungsoo wasn't getting him. “Okay, Jaelin is our mate. But the ones claiming to love her have not even reached half of the feeling love. It's disgusting.”

“Sehun could you stop trying to decline everything?!” Luhan groaned out irritated. “It's like you don't want to face reality anymore.”

“Why are you guys just accepting everything you are being told like it's nothing?! You guys are not just ignorant, but apparently stupid as well.” He was slowly losing it, his last sentence practically growling at his brothers. “We don't love her, why even?! It's not she, who we love, but the concept of mates instead?! We are forced to feel something for her, but how can you all claim to love her, if the only argumentation is that we love her because she is our mate, huh?! Would we had spared her any glance if there wouldn't be a mate pull? Would we talk to her, get to know her, care for her and woo her, if we met her somewhere around the city?! Of course not!”

The guys were dumbfounded. Sehun was right, why were some of them claiming to love her without being able to explain why they do in the first place?

“I think you are the only one truly loving her, Sehun.” Suho whispered. “You are going against us, not because you want us to leave Jaelin, but because she deserved real love, right? You were also the one, who couldn't take her ignorance to face reality any more and blew up because it hurt you too much.”

“You don't love her because she is your mate,” Baekhyun started.

“But she is your mate because you love her...”Xiumin finished, looking down and suddenly feeling ashamed.

“For me it doesn't change anything,” Chanyeol voiced out, face serious and voice hard. “Fate gave me chance to love the most beautiful girl I have seen and I am grateful for it. But just because I got help from a universal power, doesn't mean that I love her any less or that my love is fake and just pretence for whatever feeling you think it is. I opened up to her like I never did to anyone else. Whenever she laughed at me, I felt free and accomplished. I don't know about you guys, but I love her and if you don't want her, I would gladly keep her to myself.”

“You wish,” Luhan and D.O shouted, looking at each other with a smirk in the progress.

“My mate, is my lover.” Kris stated simply, as Suho, Lay and Xiumin nodded.

“I am sure as well,” Tao answered. “I really do love her.”

“I am not sure...I just don't know.” Kai spoke up, looking elsewhere. “But it did hurt when she was so cold to us. It may not be love, but it is at least affection and care. For know.”

Baekhyun and Chen were the only one who kept quite, nowhere sure of their feelings for their soulmate. They felt attached to her, but was love involved?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter