Chapter 15

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER fifteen“D.O”

 

"Are you sure that it's a good idea to leave the house after yesterday?" Jaelin asked D.O unsure while packing a small bag, previously requested from the vampire.

"He didn't feel anything weirdly after yesterday, besides them am I a pureblood myself. I am strong enough to protect you." He spoke up, sitting on her bed and playing with one of the plushies.

"Are the others even okay with this?"

"Nobody said anything against it, so I think not."

"They are simply too afraid of you." She whispered to herself, not even thinking about D.O possibly hearing it. Well, he is a vampire with enhanced hearing.

"What did you say?" He smirked.

"Nothing. Where are we even going?" She grumbled. She was a bit lazy today, not even wanting to move yet alone the leave her room.

"It's a surprise." He chuckled, noticing her annoyance.

"I hate surprises." She whined suddenly. "Come on, tell me!"

Looking at her childish side, D.O started to chuckle. Jumping up he couldn't contain his feelings and ruffled her hair. "I know you are the curious type. I won't tell you, but I know that you will like it."

"Give me some hints at least." She huffed out. "Give me a chance to find it out myself."

He smirked at that."Why not. It has something to do with the seasons and can relax anyone just looking at it."

"I hate the hint." She replied blankly.

"You generally hate more than you like." He laughed out.

"Not- wait, that's true." She smiled.

"Of course it is and I am glad that I am one of the rare things you like." He smiled down at her. D.O was slightly taller than her.

"As if." She scoffed looking away from him.

Taking a hold of her face her turned it towards him, leaning in to make their forehand touch. "Don't deny it." He whispered. "You know that it's true."

Blushing she swats his arm away. "Ah, just shut up. I am finished with packing, we can go."

Kissing her hair, he took her bag and disappeared into the kitchen.

"I packed some things to eat." He shouted towards her. "Wear your shoes, we can go now."

 

*

 

Looking through the window in the living room, Luhan was able to see both his brother and his mate getting on the car and driving away.

"I don't like it that they are driving away." He muttered unhappily. "She shouldn't have left the building. Why did we approve of this?"

"Because I didn't take any scents apart from our anymore. " Xiumin said. He sat on the couch with a book he borrowed from Jaelin. "The pureblood is not around anymore."

"They could come back though," Chanyeol spoke up, going towards Luhan and looking out. "I don't like the possibility of us being watched or anything."

"Maybe it was mum and day?" Kai blurted out. "They could be wondering where we are."

"As if." Sehun laughed humourlessly. "They are so rarely at home that it would surprise me if they even noticed our absence when they are back."

"True." Kris shrugged. "But I think that D.O is pretty capable of protecting her, if not he would try to reach out to Luhan." He stared at his older brother, who just rolled his eyes and sat down diligently.

"After Kyungsoo, it's just Kai, Sehun, Tao and Kris left." Baekhyun sighed. "Will she come with us, what do you guys think?"

Looking at the ground Lay played with his fingers. He would say no, instinctively. But hope was still quite big in him. "I don't know."

"I would actually say no." Suho smiled sadly. "It's weird, but after spending time with her...-"

"You can't really say that." Luhan voiced out annoyed. "You, Lay, Baekhyun and me had it the hardest because we were the first one and Jaelin still couldn't realise what was going on and who we really were. I am sure every one of us noticed her changes?"

"Luhan is right." Xiumin smiled at them, shocking them all. "She was so different when I had my alone time with her. She was so gently, another her was visible, so I have hope."

"Me too." Chanyeol laughed. "I loved the time with her and I am sure that what I saw on her face was happiness as well. Just think how she was when we all were together. She doesn't seem lonely anymore. She always expects someone to arrive and greet her every morning. Jaelin changed and I am sure that she grew fond of us."

"I don't seem to have anything left to say." Chen smiled brightly. "Well said guys."

"This is so cruel." Suho chuckled. "Building up more and more hope in me that I am even more afraid to hear her decision

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter