Chapter 23

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update!

CHAPTER23 “ Pull ”

 

 

It was probably already the fourth or fifth ride, but nothing could lift up Jaelin's mood in any way. She was still grumpy and pouty and overly sensitive, maybe because of the repeating physical advances of the devil twins. They were not even ill, or were they? They surely were doing a great job at making her feel worst.

That was till she beheld the sight of the most beautiful thing to her.

“There,”she pointed at the haunted house. “I want to go there next.”

The moment the other four boys saw it, they shuddered. It was their demise, correction, Jaelin was their demise.

“Not going.” Luhan turned around, already on his way away from it.

“Me too,” Sehun said.

“Dito,” Kai replied and Tao just hid behind all three.

Jaelin shrugged,”your choice, but I will go. Oh, and Suho and Kyungsoo will surely be happy to hear of this.” Smiling at them, she walked up to her favourite ride.

“Should we follow her?” Kai mumbled worriedly. “D.O's wrath is scary.”

“We should.” Sehun groaned. “Who knows, Jaelin may cry her ey-” And his eyes suddenly lit up as he ran after the girl, leaving his brothers standing there confused.

“Have we missed something?” Luhan asked irritated.

“Yeah, we have!” Tao voiced out. “Jaelin didn't say Oppa.” He ran after her.

“I am sure that Sehun wasn't thinking about that,” Luhan mumbled.

Standing in line, Jaelin felt excited for the first time that day as she was practically jumping around. She really hoped herself to feel better after this, it's not like she was enjoying being so y to the guys. But at some point she couldn't help it, the trust she needed to connect to them needs to be still found and she wasn't sure if it was love that was bugging her whenever she was around them. Love was a foreign feeling and recognising or accepting it won't be easy.

“I hope you won't break out crying and using me as a tissue,”Sehun appeared besides her, looking up front to hide his hopeful expression. He wanted her to do just that, using him as a human pillow. Oh well, vampire pillow.

Scoffing she didn't spare him a glance as well. “Right back at you, besides, “ she replied. “It seems like you have done a poor job at getting to know me, I love scary things.”

“I don't.” He whispered, but Jaelin caught it well.

“It's not that scary,” she stated then. “I was here before, with Sera, Noah and Lucas.”

Now seeing that they are nearly the next ones to go in, Sehun's posture grew stiff. “I will get back at you, if it isn't”

“If I didn't knew better, I would think that you are scared Sehun.” Jaelin looked at him from the side.

“I am a vam-,” before he could end his sentence, Jaelin shut his mouth with her hand.

“Shut up before people think you are delusional,” she hissed.

“Where is the Oppa in that,” he muttered under her hand.

“Isn't he delusional already?” Luhan walked up to them and smiled at his younger cousin, who scowled at him.

“I would say that you are actually the creepy one, Luhan-hyung,” Kai smiled innocently. He really thought that Luhan was strange and weird sometimes, due to his powers and everything. “And now that we are referring each other with honorifics, you need to do the same.”

“As if,” she scoffed looking away.

“Do we really need to go in there?” Tao mumbled uneasy, actually hiding behind Kai all the time. “I-I don't think that I will survive this.” He gulped, his eyes not leaving the strange building in front of him.

“You are a supernatural being and you think you won't survive a fake haunted house?!” She hissed, it was getting more and more absurd.

“I thought we shouldn't speak about that?” Sehun glared down at her with raised eyebrows.

Shrugging at him, Jaelin started to walk forwards as it was their turn. Not even being able to do one single step ahead, Tao already clung to her frame tightly.

“Tao, what are you doing?” She tried to pull his arms away from her neck.

“T-there is s-something at the end of the hallway,” he whispered, his face sickly pale.

“Yeah, a shadow,” Jaelin dead panned and fret herself from his long arms. It was hard to totally ignored the whines of a more than 100 years old freaking vampire. The only thing that was actually startling her were the sudden shouts of terror from the three figure behind her. Funny enough, it was Sehun and Kai who cried out.

So, thousand more pleads and the double amount of terrified cries later, Jaelin got more arms surrounding her body and two other frames clinging to her as she exited the haunted house, or more like 'the door to hell' as the boys claimed it to be. Luhan was the only one who was fairly calm, he could read the mind of all the people who tried to do anything after all. The only things scaring him wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter