Chapter 17

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER seventeen“Sehun”

 

 

It was a cold day. The wind was howling outside, bending the trees to it's wishes while the moon lit up the dark places all around the large garden. My room included, of course. My room. My room?

I was sitting on the ground right in front of a large window, hugging my knees to my chest. The place was unfamiliar to me, yet quite nostalgic. The window alone had a beautiful frame with roses and other flowers sculptured around the glass.

Why was I sitting there in the dark, alone?

I was afraid of something. No. I was afraid of others, of me, especially of the fear itself. It was a disgusting feeling. I wanted it to stop. I wanted to stop hating myself.

Why was I hating myself?

Looking at my hands I wondered why I am the only one with such a destructive power. I am just a kid, mere six years old and yet I am probably able to hurt even the strongest of us. Why am I such a monster? Why can't I be normal? Why have I done that?

What have I done?

"What are you thinking so hard about?" A beautiful melodic deep voice asked me and as I turned around a man ruffled my head. The person was tall with dark brown hair and a kind smile. Sitting down besides me, he hugged me from the side. "Are you sulking?"

Who was he?

"Dae?" I whispered softly. "What are you doing here?"

"Comforting you of course." He chuckled amused, leaning his head on mine before looking out of the long window infront of us. "I told you that I will be always there for you, especially when you feel sad, alone."

Leaning into him, I smiled a tear escaping my eyes. He was really always there for me. "Thank you Dae. But I am scared. I may hurt you."

"You know very well that I can protect myself, right." He tapped my nose. "Besides, anything for you Lin." He cooed and squeezed me, making me laugh. I loved Dae, dearly.

I love him?

*

Tossing and turning around, Jaelin abruptly sat up totally out of breath. Her heart hammering in her ribcage. Her dream had the same feeling as the one the day prior, but she didn't knew the meaning of both.

Holding her hand to her heart, she tried to calm down and collect her mind. She felt drained, like the sleep didn't do her any good. Like she never slept at all. "It's just a dream." She tried to reassure herself. "A nightmare, nothing else."

Taking in controlled breathes, she succeeded in calming down her heart, massaging her head the next moment.

She felt pressure, which meant that a headache was forming. She hated this. Waking up shouldn't result in feeling worse, but feeling energetic instead.

Throwing a gaze at the clock on the wall infront of her, her eyes widened. It was already noon, she was sleeping more than 13 hours now. Where was the next guy to spend time with her?

At that moment the door opened. Coming in was Sehun looking at her with an unreadable gaze. After entering her apartment he instantly noticed her heartbeat and concluded that she was sleeping. Waiting in the living room, he picked up the sudden frantically beating of her heart and grew worried. Not showing that of course.

Walking up to her he checked her forehead to see if she had a fever. "You don't have a fever, but you sweated and you look ill. Are you alright?" He asked her, brows ceased in concern.

"I had a nightmare." She whispered leaning into his cool touch. She was yearning to be near him as strange as that may sound. She felt better when touching him. "I feel so weak."

Looking at her, from the long sleep, pouty and puffy face he smiled slightly. How adorable she was. Pinching her cheeks, Sehun took ahold of her wrist to pull her up and towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" She mumbled, rubbing the sleep from her eyes with her free hand.

Letting her go and howling her up to the counter, he occupied himself with cutting some fruits. "I am making you a freshly pressed juice."

"Juice?" She wondered. "I don't want to." She whined the moment he held the cup up to her nose.

"Drink." He ordered seriously. "Or I'll make you,"

Looking at him with a raised eyebrow, she scoffed. "And how would that look like?"

Standing in between her legs he leaned into her face, smirking openly. "Me drinking the juice and kissing you in the progress."

Snatching the glass away from his hold she drowned everything in one go, trying to cool her head down.

"I'm feeling even worse now, thank you." She scowled at him.

"I am sorry, Jaelin." He whispered gently, brushing her hair out of her face and behind her ear. "You need the vitamins."

Groaning and then nodding sleepily, she leaned into him and leaned on his shoulder. It was nice being so close to her, Sehun noted. His body felt so at peace, having her slender body pressed against his.

"We should give Kai a visit for making you go through so many teleportations." He grumbled. "I don't even want to know how many countries and cities you guys visited."

"I think I can't even remember." She chuckled.

"Come on, let's go sit down probably." He mumbled, while Jaelin just whined.

"I don't want to walk."

"I'll carry you then." He laughed and slit his right arm behind her neck and his left on her back to carry her towards the sofa like a baby.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter