Chapter 10

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ten “Baekhyun”

 

 

"Riseeeee and shiiiiinnneeee~" A voice sang joyfully.

Jaelin instantly jumped up, ready to run. She was nowhere near hell used to being woken up with happy sounds. Yet alone shouting so early in the mornings.

Backing away slightly, Baekhyun started to feel bad. Thinking he had scared the daylight out of her – which was partly true – he looked at her apologetically. 

"I am really sorry to have scared you like this Jaelin." He chuckled nervously scratching his cheek. He was out of his character, that was obvious. He felt down, thinking that whatever he did he won't be able to appeal to her. He won't be able to make her like him.

"It's okay...." She mumbled sleepily. How could she possibly endure the face Baekhyun was making unconsciously? He looked like a rejected puppy. He looked depressed. Jaelin frowned and stepped towards him, frowning. She started to worry about them...

"What's wrong?"

Looking up, he stared at her brown orbs. "It's nothing." He grimaced.

"Tell me! I won't leave you alone till you tell me." She threatened seriously.

Baekhyun's gaze turned back towards her, turning soft instantly. This girl was not good for his heart. Caressing her cheek with a finger, his expression turned heartbreakingly sad. "What will I do when you decide to not come with us." He whispered so silently that it was nearly unheard by Jaelin. It was not really a question meant for her, but more for himself.

Taken aback she looked at him surprised, while he still looked at her with a soft gaze. 

Jaelin felt bad, the unsettling feeling spreading in her chest. In the end, someone would get hurt, right? Or will she be able to separate herself from all connection to earth?

"Are you already giving up?" She taunted him. "Will you not try to get to know me? Give me the chance to get to know you? Your real personality?"

"I-I" Baekhyun didn't know what to say. She was right, he was on the verge of giving up.

Jaelin was not heartless to not know how he felt, what the point of his mixed feelings was. "Are you scared that it will hurt more?"

"You are smart Jaelin....Yeah, just the thought hurts already. I don't want to know how much it actually hurts after I am falling even deeper." He sighed, turning around to exit the room.

"Wait." She pleaded. "I know that I am really stubborn and looks like I won't agree no matter what, but please try. I have a strange feeling that it will work. Weird, right? I have a feeling that I have the chance to change my ways, I am already changing for all I know, just don't.....please don't give up. Don't give me up..." She rambled, not noticing that she is actually spilling all her feelings and thoughts of the past days.

Turning around a bright smile lit up on the Baekhyuns face. She was honest and sincere with him, he should be too. "I won't." He promised. "Now hurry up and get ready for school, breakfast awaits you." And with that he went out, his mood lifted to the highest and without his knowing an equally beautiful smile lit up her face. Jaelin was smiling brightly with hope for the first time.

She too will try to change and make herself as well as people around her happy!

 

*

 

Taking her normal seat on the table Jaelin looked at her plate full of eggs and bacon. Looking up, she thanked Baekhyun and started to dig in her food.

"Well, I am actually not very good at cooking, but I asked Lay and Suho to help me make something for you. We also packed your lunch for school." He smiled brightly at her, proud that he could do something for her, that the atmosphere around them changed.

"Thank you." Jaelin smiled at him grateful for his help. She founds the guys endearing. No one really took care of her, beside herself. But now there were people who did and, as strange and new as that was, she enjoyed it very much. It meant that she wasn't alone. That she didn't need to feel lonely anymore. Thanks to the guys. She wanted it to stay like this, she wanted to like them like they liked her...

"Anything for you." He gave her a bright eye smile and resumed eating, starting to chat with her every now and then.

"Do you want juice? I pressed some freshly." He stood up to hand her a glass of orange juice. Thanking him for his kindness she started to take a sip. Yeah, she really could get used to this.

"Have you already packed your school things?"

"Yeah, I did. But today I have too many lessons, I may come home really late..." She looked apologetically. It was basically Baekhyun's day and she was away the most of the day, how sad.

"That's fine." He smiled at her dazzlingly. "Just be sure not  to overwork yourself."

Nodding she resumed eating, till a thought crossed her mind. "Why you though?"

"Why me? What do you mean?"

"Why did Suho choose you as the next guy that should spend a day wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter