Chapter 11

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER eleven“luhan”

 

 

Waking up the next day, there was no sight of any of the boys. Shrugging Jaelin resumed her morning routine and got out of her room to check the rest of the apartment.

Walking into the empty kitchen, she found pancakes on the table and a note. 
Reading that first, Jaelin frowned.

Good Morning little one,

I hope you like the pancakes I made, eat as much as you can! You need energy.
The reason as to why I am not around? Well, I need to take care of some things. 
It's a surprise~

So see you soon.

Not knowing who the guy is, Jaelin shrugged and started to eat the pancakes before leaving the house for school. 
Wondering which of the guys actually wrote the letter, Jaelin took her normal seat in the classroom.

The lesson began right after, just to stop the moment someone knocked on the door. 
Stepping in slowly the guy turned around.

Not believing her eyes, Jaelin's jaw dropped. This is a joke...

"Ah, there you are. Okay, class, this is our new exchange student." The homeroom teacher spoke up.

Bowing to the class, Luhan openly smirked at Jaelin. "Hello, my name is Lu Han."

"Welcome to class Luhan, please take a seat." The teacher then said, turning around to resume his lesson as the homeroom.

Strolling towards her, Luhan just left her with his eyes once. And that was to fix his gaze upon a boy sitting on Jaelin's right, as she herself sat on the window seat.

Using his powers he ordered the boy to choose another seat and casually sat on his seat, without minding the confused and curious gazes of the others.

"Seriously? Baekhyun chose you?" Jaelin raised an eyebrow. "With what did you threaten him?"

"Ouch, that hurt. Why are you thinking so badly of me?" Luhan held his chest dramatically.

Jaelin just looked at him blankly.

"Okay, I just told him that I would show you his baby pictures. Nothing big, really." He rolled his eyes, jealous of the affection and worry, showing in your eyes for a second.

"That's good then." She turned away from him and looked out of the window. Jaelin could fell Luhan's gaze on her, but not just him. Someone else was staring at her and the reflection of the window told her that Lucas' gaze was not weathering away from her figure. The reason was just why he was staring at her.

Jaelin knew that Lucas felt a connection with her because she did with him as well. They are similar in so many ways, but she knew that he felt something way more than that. Something that could be beautiful if it was given back, but destroyed if it wasn't. The boys already asked that feeling, she couldn't try it with another one. Love was something you couldn't force. It's like trust. You can slowly earn it.

Luhan noticed Lucas staring at his mate, of course, getting slightly annoyed he glared at him just to get more annoyed. The boy was not even noticing him. No way in hell was he going to let that human boy anywhere near Jaelin.

The bell rang, signalling the start of lunch and everyone was starting to stand up and go to the canteen. Lucas was making his way through the class to get to Jaelin but stopped the moment Luhan pulled the girl's arm and dragged her out himself.

"What the hell are you doing?" She nearly shouted. He pulled her so fast that she nearly fell down if it wasn't for his strong grip on her.

"Who was that boy?" He hissed through his teeth.

Jaelin gulped. She knew exactly who he was talking about but, knowing that he could a bit aggressive and out of control, she wanted to play dumb. But we all know that she isn't, so she played confused instead.

"Which boy do you mean?" She frowned.

"Jaelin don't play dumb. You know who I mean!" He turned around the second they reached the rooftop. "Who is he?"

Sighing she massaged her head. Again something new. She wasn't used to this much stress so early in the morning. In school nevertheless. His powers are extremely annoying!

"I know him since middle school. He can't be really called a friend, but he is closer to me than the rest of my classmates. That's for sure. His name is Lucas."

Can't be really called a friend? It hurts.... Walking away from the door, Lucas went down as well. Sadness was the only thing he felt right now. Just sadness and nothing more.

"Why was Lucas starring at you?" This time it was Luhan frowning.

"How should I know that?" She shrugged. "Why didn't you read his mind?"

"Because I was angry and I could have lost control."

"Lost control? In what way and talking about control, won't you have the urge to bite random students?"

"I had my dose for today. Jaelin, I think you figured that one out already. I have the power of the mind, I would have destroyed him mentally without even having the chance to stop it. It's not really pretty."

"Doesn't sound like it either." She rubbed her face. "So why did you bring me here?"

"Because that guy was on his way towards you." He grumbled.

"Are you jealous?" She asked him amused.

"Of course I am." He scoffed.

Widening her eyes, a blush decorated her cheeks. She didn't expect him to be so blunt.

"You expected me to deny it, right." He laughed. "Well, I thought it was smarter to be as honest with you as possible. So did you enjoy the pancakes I made for you?"

Thankful for the change of topic, Jaelin nodded. "Yeah, they were delicious. Thank you."

"I am glad you liked them. Now come, you need to eat lunch." He ordered taking her hand and pulling her in.

"Oh no. I don't want to go to the canteen. Way too many people." She declined instantly.

"I figured. That's why I packed you some sandwiches." He smiled down at her. "Am I not lovely?"

Trying not to burst out laughing Jaelin just hummed.

"What, I am not? But I am thoughtful and kind!"

"Yeah, says the one blackmailing his own cousin."

"But just because it was about you!" He defended himself. "You are our only weakness, you know that?"

"How come you g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter