Chapter 12

Metamorphosis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER Twelve “xiumin”

 

Walking out of the classroom, Jaelin made her way to the school gate with fast steps. Since spending time with Suho, she never really left as the last student anymore. She was actually one of the first ones this time, leaving Luhan behind, who wanted to give Xiumin as much alone time with her as possible.

Right before stepping out, a hand took a hold of her wrist. Thinking it was Xiumin, who she already saw in the morning, she turned around with a smile just to see Sena and Noah before her. Lucas behind both of them, staring at her.

"Hey, Jaelin. How are you?" Sena asked, smiling nicely at her. "We haven't really got to talk around this time."

"I'm good." The girl just replied blankly. "How can I help you three?"

"We wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out with us." Noah smiled brightly at her. "We could go to the arcade again? It was pretty funny the last time."

"Thank you for the offer, but I have something planned for today." Jaelin bowed slightly and turned around to go, just being able to go some steps before being pulled back harshly and colliding with a chest.

"What?" Looking up at the person, Jaelin's eyes grew. Lucas' face hardened and displayed very vivid anger. She was going to meet the boy who brought her to school, Lucas knew that. "Let me go, Lucas." Trying to pull away from his embrace made him even angrier, which led him to tighten his hold on her arms.

"I will not." He growled, not minding the protesting sounds of Sena and Noah. It was not hard to see that they were quite surprised and shocked by Lucas' aggressive behaviour. Seems like they never saw him bully other students."Who are the guys you are always around with? Where did they come from so suddenly?" 

"None of your business!" She growled. "Don't touch me!"

"Don't test my patience, Jaelin! Tell me who they are to you and why you are so cosy with them! You, who doesn't really befriend people. Yet alone in the time span of some days."

"I am not obliged to tell you anything." She hissed in pain. "You are hurting me, let go!"

"It was not only your character that changed. Seems like your way of living did as well. around with so many guys..." He spits out, full of venom. "How many? I am sure that it was more than the three I saw you spending time with."

Sena shrieked in disbelieve, while Noah went rigid. Lucas didn't really say that... Who was the person standing in front of them?

To say Jaelin didn't feel hurt was impossible. Her heart felt like it was not just crushed, but torn into pieces. Tears gathered in her eyes as she looked at the unknown boy in front of her. This wasn't the Lucas she knew or was it? Was he always this bad? Indeed, a bully.

Ripped away from Lucas, Jaelin found herself facing another chest.

"You filthy human! How dare you insult her like that, you scum." Xiumin growled dangerously, hugging Jaelin closer to himself. He needed to control his want to rip Lucas apart, otherwise, his eyes would change colours and he was sure that it was the least Jaelin wanted now.

"Xiumin?" She whispered, hugging him tightly. She was glad that he was there.

"I am here, Jaelin. Everything is alright." He whispered back, kissing the side of her head.

"There you are." Lucas scoffed and focused back on Jaelin, no trace of remorse in him. "Where are the others? Waiting for you somewhere else."

That was the trigger.

Slap

"If I ever see you near me, you are dead." Jaelin simply said and didn't spare him any more glances. Why should she? He hurt her and the pain is still there, but that doesn't mean she needed to stand there numbly, crying. Lucas became what he deserved and she wouldn't forgive him so soon, who knows probably never.

Lucas was officially dead to her.

 

*

 

"Are you alright?" Xiumin asked as Jaelin pulled him towards the direction of the apartment complex. He tried talking to her for the last five minutes, but the only response he got was her tightening her grip on his hand.

Stopping walking, he pulled Jaelin towards him and hugged her tightly. "You are so strong..." He patted her hair, while silent tears ran down her cheek, getting caught by Xiumin's shirt. "Come on, let's go home."

"No, I don't want to go home." She mumbled, her voice muffled by his clothes. It was nice hugging Xiumin like this.

"Then close your eyes."He instructed her, suddenly lifting her up bridal style.

"What are you doing?"

"This way it's faster." He winked down and her. "I will be really fast, so if it's too much just close your eyes." And Jaelin did just that. Nuzzling in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter