CHAPTER 26: COMPLICATED

Me.. You.. Us..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Joong

After Mummmy ‘chased’ me from the living room, I went to Daniel hyung. He seems so happy to be played with Eun Jo.

“Hyung. Did you got no class today?” I seat beside him.

“Oh, Hyun Joong. I’ll only have class in the morning and this evening. Since I’m free during lunch, I bought So Min here.”

“Speaking of her. What bring her here?”

“What do you mean?”

“It seems a serious matter until Mummy asked me to leave her and So Min alone.”

“Do you have no idea?”

“What idea? Do you?”

“I..”

“Hyung. Did you guys know something that I didn’t know?”

“I think it’s better if Mummy Kim told you instead of me telling you.”

What did he means? But, I know it something serious will happen. I need to find it out. I quickly rushed to Mummy and I saw So Min cried with Mummy console her. Daniel hyung follow me and get to So Min.

“MinMin?”

“Oppa..” So Min still cried on her Oppa’s arms and Mummy looks trouble.

“What’s wrong?”

“Daniel. Please hear me out first. Take a seat. I will explain it to you.” Mummy went to them and begging them to hear her out.

“What’s wrong, Mummy?”

“Hyun Joong..”

“What?” I completely lost with this situation.

“So Min. Dear. Please, dear. Hear me out first.” Mummy still persuaded So Min. She looks so fragile with tears on her face. She only nodded when her Oppa whisper something to her and they seat back on the couch. I take a seat beside my Mummy and wait for Mummy to start the conversation.

“Sorry, So Min. I’m so sorry if my actions hurt you so much. But, please consider it, dear.” Mummy desperately explained herself to So Min. She didn’t bother to look at Mummy. She just looks down and holds her Oppa’s hand all the time.

“Mummy. What’s going on here? What am I missing? So Min? Hyung?” I can’t take it anymore. I speak and looks at them one by one.

“Hyun Joong. Actually..”

“Mummy. Don’t!” So Min cut Mummy’s words and raised her face to look at both of us.

“No, So Min. He needs to know.” Daniel hyung protest her too and again tears fill her eyes. What’s wrong with her?

“What are you guys mean? Pease let me know. Don’t make me like a fool.”

“Hyun Joong. I hope, after I tell you the truth, you will take it easy and rationally.”

“Whatever. I just want to know the truth. Tell me, Mummy.”

“Actually, I’m planning to ‘engage’ you with So Min.”

“MWO?!” I instantly raised my voice and stand from my seat. But, Mummy quickly pulls me back to seat and I calm again but I still can’t believe what I’ve heard.

“You’ve got to be kidding me, right?”

“No, Joongie. It’s happen when you’re still child.”

“What are you talking about, Mummy?” Mummy holds my hand and explain everything from the start.

“Me.. engage with.. So Min? But, Mummy..”

“I want to call it off.” So Min wants to call it off. Mummy seems so shocked to hear that and I turn my gaze towards her. There are no more tears on her face. She seems determined to call it off. Supposedly I’m happy with that, but what I’m feels right now?

“Mwo?”

“Yes, Hyun Joong. You heard me. I want to call it off.”

“NO, dear. You can’t.”

“Yes, I can, Mummy. I don’t want to be the intruder between Hyun Joong and his girlfriend.”

It feels like I’ve been stabbed by a hundred swords when I heard her said about my relationship with my girlfriend.

“So Min...”

“I’m sorry, Mummy. But, I can’t. Please don’t make it harder for me.” She get up from her seat and run to the door.

“So Min!’ Daniel hyung called her and he’s about to chase her. But, something I didn’t expect for me to do.

“I go, hyung. I need explanation when I’m home, Mummy.”

“I know, son. Go get her. Bring her back.”

“I will. I don’t why I feel this way, but I need to know her reasons behind this.”

“I do.”

“What, Mummy Kim?” Daniel hyung didn’t catch what Mummy said and I somehow manage to understand that.

“I go now. Hyung, I’ll bring her home later. Tell Omma Jung do not worry and never tell her that So Min run away.”

“Okay.” Daniel hyung just nodded to me and I left them to chased So Min.

I run to the gate and spot a glimpse of her at the corner of the road. She runs towards the park. I know a shortcut to go there and quickly run to there.

When I reached the park, I aimlessly searched for her. I run around the park to look for her. Even the park is empty since it’s still early for kids to be here.

“Where did she go?” I murmur to myself still trying to search for her. I take out my cell phone to call her. But, something strikes me.

“Damn it. I don’t have her number.” I put away my phone and tried to look around again. I still can’t find her. I take my phone again and dialled Ha Ni’s number.

“Ha Ni-ah. I need your help. Send me So Min’s number.” I heard her with her questions and I hang up on her and continue to look for So Min. I don’t have a time to explain everything to her.

After that, Ha Ni text So Min’s number and I quickly dialled her. It’s ringing but she didn’t pick it up. I still runs like a mad man when I heard a ringtone near me.

I saw a huge tree near the lake and I move towards it slowly and the ringtone getting louder. Then, I saw So Min seat under the tree while hugging her knees and buried her face to it. I’m pretty sure she’s crying right now, and her phone still ringing.

I hang up on my phone and slowly approached her. I seat beside her and begin to speak with her.

“Why did you not answering your phone?”

She raised her face and looks so shocked to find me beside her. She distances herself from me and wants to run away again.

“Don’t ever thinking to run away again, MinMin. I’m tired looking for you.” I grabs her hand and she seat back at her place. But, she still wants to release her hand from mine.

“Let me go. If you’re tired, you don’t have to trouble yourself to look for me.” She jerks my hand and success in releasing herself and begins to run. Luckily, I’m fast en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter