CHAPTER 22: HER RETURN

Me.. You.. Us..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNG SO MIN

SEOUL! Finally, I’m back. My parents been here a day earlier to prepares some matters regarding their new house. Only me and my oppa right now.

“Now, where he is?” I mumble to myself and looks around the airport. He said he went to the toilet but he took longer time than the usual.

As I struggle with my luggage, I heard someone call my name and turn to the voice.

“So Min!”

“Omma! Appa!” Omma and Appa promised to fetch us at airport and I thought they came together. Yeah, together. But not together with KIM FAMILY!

“Where’s Danial?” Appa help me with my oppa’s luggage and I clench my hold on my luggage. He’s here. For a second, our eyes met.

“Omma! Appa!” Oppa came to us and he didn’t notice yet Kim family. When he stand beside me, only then he notice that.

“EH? Mommy! Daddy! You came?” Yeah, me and oppa call Mr and Mrs Kim as Mommy and Daddy. He go to them and hugged the elders. And me, still at my spot. I didn’t know how to react that time. My sight still at him. Kim Hyun Joong. He too looking at me, but his eyes seems different.

Who is this little boy?” Oppa ruffles a boy’s hair beside Hyun Joong. His eyes look exactly like Hyun Joong when he’s kid. The boy seems scared to oppa and hugs Hyun Joong legs from the side.

“Hey, Hyung.” Hyun Joong shakes oppa hand and they hugs for a second.

“He’s Eun Joo, my brother.”

“REALLY?! Me and oppa really shocked that time. Only us seems shocked.

“Yah, you two. Did you remember I’ve shown you the pictures of this one baby? So, he’s the baby. Eun Jo. Cute, right? He’s 3 years old now.” Omma explain to us and I seem remember that time.

“No wonder his eyes exactly look like Hyun Joong.” I smile to Eun Jo.

“And I’m sure this is our MinMin. How are you MinMin?” Mrs Kim stand in front of me. What should I do? This is so awkward.

 “Aunty. Uncle.” I bow to them and Mrs Kim hugs me tightly.

“MinMin-ah. I miss you so much. You’ve grown up and become a lady now. you look so pretty.” She looks me in her teary eyes and examines me from head to toe.

“De, Aunty. I miss you too.”

“What Aunty? You used to called me Mommy and called him Daddy before.”

“De, Mommy. I miss you too.”I smile at Mrs Kim and hugs her back. After the short reunion in the middle of the airport, we’re headed to the parking lot while Mrs Kim still hold me with her.

“Mrs Jung. How about MinMin come with us? I still want to chat with her.”  Mrs Kim wants me to come with her? That’s mean Hyun Joong will be there too. Aish.

“I don’t really mind. But, MinMin. Are you okay with that?”Omma look at me.

“Eh? Hmm.” I stretch by neck and look at my oppa, looking for his help.

“You should go, MinMin. We’ll be meet at the house. Aunty and Uncle will be there too."

“But..”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to come with us.” Mrs Kim interrupts me and her face looks sad.

“No. It’s not that. Okay. I go with you, Mommy.” We’re separate at the main door and I follow Kim Family to their car.

“Eun Jo. This is So Min noona. Say hi to her.” Mrs Kim takes Eun Jo with her and I take the chance to hold him.

“Annyeong..” he got a cute voice. He’s so shy as he buried his face at Mrs Kim’s neck.

“Anyyeong, Eun Jo-ah. Aigoo. You’re so cute.”I pinch lightly his cheek and he smiles at me. Suddenly, I feels someone is standing beside me. As I turn my head, I see Hyun Joong stands there with his bored face.

“Joongie. Help her with her luggage.” Mrs Kim points at my luggage and she moves from there. We watched her disappear and Hyun Joong takes the luggage from me.

“It’s okay. I can manage.” I take it back and he seems shocked with my action. He sigh before he speak to me.

“If you say so. But, Mommy will be nagging at me nonstop if I don’t help you. Give me your luggage.” He’s about to take it back when I insist to carry it by myself.

“It’s fine.” I left him as I start to follow Mrs Kim direction. But, I stop my walks as I didn’t see her around. GREAT!

“Where’s Mommy? I think I saw here walks through here. why is so many people at this time. I can’t see..” Thanks to my height. I can’t see properly as all of them seems tall for me.

“And where is..” As I try to turn around, I bumped onto someone chest.

“Yah..” That voice.

“Hyun Joong!”

“What? Where you’ve been?”

“I..”

“You didn’t know where our car is yet try to walks first.” He’s mad?

“What..”

“With your height, I can’t find you in the middle of this crowd. Shorty!” He called me short?!

“What did you call me?”

“SHORTY. Why?”I feel like want to punch him hard on the face right now.

“You..” I stop from my doing as his phone ringing.

“Hello..” He place the phone far from his ears and I can hear Mrs Kim’s voice. She’s looking for us.

“Yes, we’re on our way.” He look at me in annoy and garb my luggage.

“Stop being stubborn and come now. Mommy is starts nagging, and it’s all because of you.” His left hand is holding my luggage and his right hand garb my wrist.

“Yah. Let me go.”

“No. If I doing that, I have to keep searching you. So, start walking now.” He start walking toward the crowds and his step is fast. It’s hard for me matched his step. It seems like he is walking and I’m running.

“Can you slow down a bit?” He glance me through his shoulder and suddenly he stop from walking. I accidentally hit my nose at his back.

“Aww..”

“Can you walk properly?”

“It’s your fault. Why are you suddenly stop? One more thing, I can’t matched your step. So, walk slow..” I rub my nose and glares angrily at him.

“Ah, mian. I forgot you’ve got a short legs.” He giggles as he looks at my legs.

“JERK!” I yelled at him and the people passed us looks at us.

“Jerk?!” he clench his teeth as he repeat my word.

“Yes, J-E-R-K. JERK!”

“You..”

“What?!” I challenge him as I raise my chin up to look at him. I see his eyes looking below me and he laugh after that.

“What are laughing at?”

“Such a shorty. Even if you do the top toe like that, you’re still short. Haha.”

“YAH, KIM HYUN JOONG!”I hit his arm repeatedly and he try to avoids it with his free hand.

“Stop that. We should keep walking. Come, Miss Shorty. I don’t want you to lost again. I can’t find you in this crowd. Keke.”

“Yah...” I stomp my feet as he keep pulls me forward to walking.

“Joongie. What took you so long?” Mrs Kim stand outside the car, waiting for us. Hyun Joong didn’t answer his Mommy, instead he released my hand and put my luggage on the car boot.

“She’s suddenly lost in the middle of the crowd. That's why we’re late.”He told that as he closed the car boot and moves to the seat.

“De? How come?”

“Actually, I follow you from behind but..”

“She’s got short legs, Mommy. That’s why she can’t catch you at the front. It’s so difficult to find her. Huh.”He spill that before he close his door. He seat at the front while me and Mrs Kim at the back as long as Eun Jo.

“My legs are not short!” I try to control my anger and answer his words.

“So, how did you find her then?”I shut my mouth. It’s embarrassed to said that. Don’t you dare to said that. Please.

“She’s.. she’s bump..”

“I bump to him. Hehe.” I cut his words and quickly answer. I don’t want to Mrs Kim know I bumped onto his CHEST.

“Really? Thank God he find you.” Mrs Kim smiles at me as I smiles awkwardly to her. I glimpse at the side mirror and see he’s smiling at me.

Suddenly, I can’t see or hear anything around me. Mrs Kim’s voice, the radio, the car’s engine, everything gone. I only see his smiles and my own song. For a moment, our eyes locked and he stop smiling and just stare at me. I feel my heart beat fast than usual and me too keep looking at his eyes.

“Those eye, I missed those eyes. I missed the old us, Joongie.” I thought to myself and breaks the eyes contact and close my eyes shut,

“MinMin. Gwenchana?” Mrs Kim notice I’m closing my eyes shut and she looks worried.

“De, gwenchana.”

“You can rest for a bit before we’re reach your house.” Mr Kim said through the mirror and I smile to him.

“De, Appa. Thank you.” When I turn my head to my left side, I see Eu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter