CHAPTER 25: NEED TO BE STRONG

Me.. You.. Us..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR

It’s been a while So Min didn’t look so good. Her family worried to look at her like that. She just shut herself inside the house and avoids meeting her friends. Ha Ni often visit her, but she always went home with disappointment because So Min still refuse to talk to anyone.

Even when Mrs Kim came to their house, she didn’t bother to out from her room  until Mrs Kim make her moves.

“I’m sorry, Mrs Kim. She still refuse to meet anyone. She still feels unwell. Let her be for the time being.”

“Really? Is it because of the incident when we’re having our lunch the other day? Is it because of Yoo Mi?”

Mrs Jung just shut and smiles weakly to Mrs Kim.

“I’m sorry if she felt horrible for that girl. I can’t say anything about her.”

“It’s okay, Mrs Kim. It’s not your fault after all.”

“But, still..”

“Mrs Kim. We better let our children choose their own path.”

“What do you mean?”

“About their little ‘engagement’ thing..”

“Did you mean to forget about it?”

“Y-Yes.”

“We can’t, Mrs Jung. I want So Min for my Hyun Joong.”

“But, Mrs Kim.. Did you don’t like Hyun Joong for So Min?”

“I do like him for my daughter. But, as we all know, he’s got girlfriend. And my So Min doesn’t want to be the third party between them.”

“But..”

“Please, Mrs Kim. Let her calm down for now.”

“Okay. Once she feels better, I want to talk to her. Can I?” Mrs Kim hold Mrs Jung hand.

“Okay. I’ll try to talk to her first. But, if she refuse there’s nothing I can do.”

“Thank you, Mrs Jung.” Later on, Mrs Kim went back home and Mrs Jung headed to So Min’s room.

JUNG SO MIN

Mrs Kim is here. I think I know why she’s here. That’s why I refused to meet her. I just lie on my bed since I’ve got bad headache. There’s a lot of things in my mind.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

It must be Omma.

“Yes. Come in.”

“So Min. Dear. Are you okay?” Omma went beside me and seat the edge of the bed. I’ve got fever few days ago and now I’ve suffer a headache.

“I’m fine. Just having a headache. Later, it will be okay.”

“Have you take your medicine?”

“Yes, I just took it. Is Mummy still here?”

“No, she’s back. Hmm..”

“Wae, Omma? Is there something you want to talk to me?”

“There’s one thing..”

“What, Omma? Why are you seems uncomfortable?”

“It’s about you, dear.”

“About me?”

I look at Omma and suddenly I can feel her meant.

“Oh, I know. The ‘engagement’ right? What’s wrong with that? have you talk to Mummy?” 

“Yes, I had. But, she still wants to proceed with that.”

Omma looks apologetic at me. I shocked to hear that.

“Omma. I don’t want to make Hyun Joong hate me. Please, Omma.”

I hug Omma and cried on her. Seriously, I do have feelings at Hyun Joong. But, having him in that way, it’s never crossed my mind.

“Please don’t cry, dear. I’ll try to talk to her again. But, you have to meet her too. Try explain to her. Maybe she will listen to you.”

I just nodded to Omma and she just rubs my back to comfort me.

“Omma. I do like him. But, if it turns this way..”

“MinMin! Are you serious? Since when?”

“I don’t when I found I do like him. But, my feeling towards him never changed even we’re move before. I’m sure he just look at me as his friend. So, I want to called this engagement off before it becomes worse.”

“I.. I have nothing to say, dear. Are you sure about this?”

“De, Omma. If I have to sacrifice my feelings to save our friendship, I’m willing to do that.”

“Oh, So Min.” Omma hugged me back and I can tell she’s crying too.

Maybe, this is the end of us, Hyun Joong. I’m more than willing to sacrifice my feelings rather than you hate me for the rest of your life. I need to see Mummy as soon as possible.

“Omma. Can you take me meet Mummy tomorrow? I want to clear all things as soon as possible.”

“Okay. I’ll bring you there. Right now, I want you to cheer up and no more locking yourself like this.”

“De, Omma. Thank you, Omma.”  

I watched Omma left my room. Yes, I need to clear all this with Omma even I have to forget my feelings towards him. I left my bed and headed to the bathroom and take my shower.

I walk downstairs and found my family seat at the living room and their face looks so happy to see me. I seat beside my oppa and he smile at me.

“Did my princess fine today?”

“I’m fine. oppa. Sorry to make all of you worry.” I look at my parents and they also smile and it more than relief for them to see me like this now.

“It’s okay, sweetie. We know how you feel.” Appa said as he gives me his fatherly smile and I feel like crying right now.

“Appa..” I run to him and hug him tight. I cried in his arms and Omma rubs my back.

“Don’t cry, MinMin. We’ll always right beside you and support you no matter what.”

“De, Omma. Thank you, Omma.” I hug Omma too.

“But, dear. I’m afraid I can’t accompany you to meet your Mummy tomorrow. I’ve got something to do. Hm, Daniel. Will you drop her to Mummy Kim’ house tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow?”

“I’s okay, Omma. If you and Oppa can’t drop me, I can take taxi to go there.”

“Are you sure? I can make some time to drop you there.”

“It’s okay, Oppa. I know you’re busy with your classes. I can the taxi there.”

“Okay, if you said so. But, please be careful.”

“I know, Oppa. I’ve grown up now. keke.”

“Don’t take it lightly, dear. You don’t know what will happen especially you’re alone.”

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter