Love Sick.... Literally

Love Sick.... Literally

Chapter 8: Being awesome can sometimes be overwhelming.

 

 

"Finally!" I raised my arms in the air. "School is over! Summer break! That means ice cream, more trips to theme parks, and more ice cream!" I giggled as i linked arms with Kyuhyun and Changmin. "Oh, Yuri unnie!" i screamed as i saw her walk down the stairs with one of her friends.

She quickly said goodbye to her and rushed over to meet me. I let go of the guys and hugged her. We squeal like little girls finding out that they were getting a puppy. "Let's go celebrate!" I nodded. "How about we go get something to eat."

"I can never say no to food." Changmin said as he flung his arm over Kyuhyun's shoulder. "

"You can try." Yuri mumbled. I nudged her side and she quickly gave me an apologetic smile. "Come on then." We rushed out the school grounds, with Changmin and Kyuhyun following behind us. "Oh my god, Oppa!" I froze and Yuri let go of me to meet him.

I watched as she ran up to hug him and kiss him. Changmin and Kyuhyun stood on either side of me. "What's wrong?" I shook my head and looked up at them.

"Are we still going to eat?" Changmin yelled out for Yuri to hear. She just ignore him and continued to talk with Minwoo. "Well are we?" He lowered his voice and asked Kyu and me.

"Why don't we let them go on their own and the three of us have our own celebration?" I suggested. They shrugged and started walking. I sighed and followed them.

"Yah! Where are you going?" Yuri suddenly yelled. The three of us turned to look at her.

"We're going to eat." Changmin answered.

"Not you, i could care less where you two are going." she rolled her eyes and then looked at me. "I'm talking to Yoona."

"I'm going with them." I pointed at the guys. "I'm sure Minwoo wants to take you out and..."

"He wants you to come along." She cut me off. "Come on Yoona, it's his treat." She tugged on my arm.

I looked at Changmin and Kyuhyun. "Can they come along?" i asked. "You know that the three of us are a package Yuri. And besides i had already invited them to eat. I can't just ditch them."

"That's right."

"Shut up Changmin." Yuri glared at the man behind me. She took in a deep breath and looked back at Minwoo, who in return just nodded his head. It was as if they were having a silent conversation. "Fine, they can come along."

Minwoo took us to a fancy restaurant. All i really wanted was a cute little place to eat some rice, beef, and dumpling soup, you know things like that. But instead here we are at this place where they serve wine instead of soju (not that i drink). I looked over at Changmin and he was busy trying to decide what to order. Kyuhyun on the other hand was calm.

"You already decided?" i asked him. He nodded. "What are you getting?"

"This steak meal." he answered as he pointed it out in the menu. "It comes with soup or salad, and two sides of your choice."

"That sound good." I smiled. "I think i'm going to get the same thing." I glanced over at Changmin again. "Changmin?"

"Huh?" He didn't even look up from the menu.

"Don't hurt yourself." Kyuhyun chuckled. "You look like your ready to explode. Just pick something already."

"Why don't you get the same as Kyu and me?" I suggested. He pouted and looked at me. "We usually end up wanting what the other person has." I remembered countless times that we would go out to eat we would end up switching plates.

"I guess." He sighed as he closed the menu. "They just have so many options and... it's hard." He said pouting like a 5 year old.

I bit back the ugre to call him cute. Unlike Eunhyuk oppa, Changmin and Kyuhyun teased me when i called one of them cute. However, luky me that they didn't often show their cuteness. Kyuhyun smacked Changmin's head and told him to stop acting like that, i chuckled as i set down my drink.

"Hey you wanna hit the arcade after this?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I heard they have a new chicken wing flavor at the snack bar there." Changmin added with a smile.

"Sure, i'm free... oh wait, i can't." They frowned in unison. "I promised Rain oppa that i would meet with him."

"Why?" Everyone at the table asked, that is everyone except for Minwoo.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure but he said it had something to do with work."

"Are you sure it's not for the wedding?" Yuri raised an eyebrow with a smirk. All eyes were on me as i glared daggers at Yuri.

"I just told you he said it had something to do with work." I answered through clentched teeth. "So what if it's about the wedding. I am his "plus one" after all."

"It's called date Yoona. You're his date." Yuri corrected me. "Just admit it that your boss has a thing for you."

"He does not."

"Does too."

"Not."

"Too"

"Not."

"He does too. Just accept it Yoona. Besides he's hot, nice, responsible, hard working. What more could you want?" I sighed. "You're going to have to get over your fear of men and love sometime."

"I do not have a fear of men and love." I pouted.

"Whatever. You just have to get over it." She took a bite out of the bread they set on our table. "Even Seohyun has gotten over it."

"What?" i leaned forward in shock. "Oh my god, could it be that Wookie has finally made a move on my child?"

"Wookie?" Yuri asked.

"Reyowook." I answered. "It's a nickname we gave him when we first met him. You know to sort of break the ice between him and Hyunnie."

She nodded in understandment. "Anyways, they aren't going out or anything like that but she's been seeing him in the library a lot, and sometimes they go out to eat ice cream."

"How cute." I squealed. Yuri nodded in agreement and smiled. "Our baby is growing up."

"Did you guys forget that we're here?" Kyuhyun ruin our girl moment. Yuri and i glared at him. "You guys didn't even notice the guy already came by and took our order."

"What?" We nearly scream and looked around for proof that he had been here. Our menus were gone, what more proof could we need.

"Don't worry, we ordered for you." Changmin told me. "You're having mash pataoes, and sweet corn nibblets."

"Sounds good." i smiled.

"Did you tell them what i wanted babe?" Yuri asked Minwoo. He smiled and repeated her order to her. She smiled and gave him a peck on the lips.

 

"Hey i'm home." i yelled as i walked into the house. Seohyun was sitting on the couch with Hyoyeon watching T.V.

"Hi unnie." Seohyun smiled at me. Hyoyeon just nodded her head without taking her eyes off the T.V. screen. "Where were you?"

"With Rain oppa." Hyoyeon sat up and looked at me. "He wanted to talk about work." I said before she could come up with her own ridicouls conclusions. She sank back down in her seat. "Actually it had to do with all of you guys."

"Us?" Seohyun asked.

"Yeah," i sat down in between them. "He wanted to know if we could work for him as a perfroming group. He said we could place once a month and anytime they had an even being held at the club. The money is pretty good, but i told him i would ask you guys before agreeing to it." I looked around the house. "Where is everybody?"

"Taeyeon is with Leeteuk oppa, Jessica and Sunny i think are hanging out with Jay at his studio, Yuri and the rest are with Minwoo oppa. He invited them out to the movies and pizza." Hyoyeon answered.

"Why didn't you two go?" I asked.

"We wanted to be here when you got hom. We didn't want you to be a lone." Hyoyeon smiled prettily at me.

"Nuh uh! I was the one who wanted to stay and keep you company. Hyoyeon unnie has another date with Junho oppa." Seohyun ratted Hyo out. Hyoyeon reached across and tried to get a hold of Seohyun.

"Date?" i smirked as i turned to look at Hyoyeon, who was already blushing. "I thought you didn't like him?" She opened to say something but there was a knock at the door.

"That must be him." Hyoyeon got up and grabbed her things. "I'll be back soon." she said as she raced out before we could say goodbye.

"I'm so happy for Hyoyeon unnie." Seohyun sighed as she clapped her hands together. "She and Junho oppa are finally together."

"Yah, why are you so lovey dovey all of a sudden? I thought you said boys were nothing but a distraction."

"Huh? Oh, they are." She stuttered. "But i like to see my unnies happy and if that means a boy has to come into the equation then so be it."

"You don't fool me for a second Hyunnie." I raised an eyebrow. "Yuri told me all about your meetings with Wookie." She started to blush.

"It's not like that unnie." She said as she got up and headed for the kitchen. I followed behind her. "He's just a friend. You said i needed to make new friends and get out more, so i'm just taking your advice. And since Reyowook oppa and i have the same intrest it's easier. Besides you go out with Changmin, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk oppa all the time."

"Yeah but they're Changmin, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk." I said in a duh tone. "I've known Minnie and Kyu since... practically my whole life. When i go out with them it's like going out with you guys. And Eunhyuk is like a dance partner/ teacher."

"Are you sure?" Seohyun raised her eyebrow at me.

"What? Why are you raising you eyebrow?" I asked. "And why is your tone of voice insinuating that you know something?"

She shook her head and laughed. "Well unnie, you never really cared to make any new guy friends before and all of a sudden Eunhyuk oppa shows up and you change. You go out with him. You bought that monkey..."

"Hey, that monkey is cute."

"Yea but i was talking about the stuffed animal you bought." She teased.

"Seohyun!" i placed my hands on my hips.

She stopped laughing. "But seriously unnie, you always pretty much avoided boys and you didn't do that with Eunhyuk oppa. Why?"

"He's different." I shrugged.

"And that just proves my point." She grabbed her bowl of cereal. "Why unnie? Why is he different?"

"He reminds me of Changmin and Kyu." i answered. She gasped. "What?"

"This is more complicated than i thought."

"What are you talking about?" I grabbed my head. "Ahh, all this thinking is giving me a headache. How did we even get on this topic? We were talking about you."

She sighed. "I was just telling you that what i'm doing is no different from when you go out with your friends."

"Oh but it is little one, it is." i smiled as i followed her to the table and sat down. "You see i don't try to look pretty for my guy friends. You on the other hand, Yuri told me that you changed your clothes 5 times before leaving to meet him."

She bit her bottome lip. "Well...what about you and Mr. Jung, or Rain oppa as you call him. You raided all our closets for clothes to wear."

"Because i was going to a dinner party and i don't have fancy clothes." i answered. "Besides he's my boss. Look why don't we change the subject because the headache is just getting worse." I laughed.

She sighed and nodded. "But for a girl who spent her whole life avoiding men, you sure are starting to be surrounded by a ton of them." She smiled and looked at me. "I'm proud that you out growing your 'boy's have koodies' phase."

"Yah!" i frowned. "They still have koodies i just decontaminated some of them." We both started to laugh. "Give unnie a spoonful of your coco puffs." I leaned over and opened my mouth.

 

"Yoona." Jessica bent down to look me in the face.

"Neh unnie?" I asked half heartedly.

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned as she moved strands of hair and tucked them behind my ear. "You look like hell, no offense."

"None taken, I feel like hell." I answered her. "I'm just tired that's all. I can't wait to go to the beach and relax under the sun."

She patted my shoulder and got back up to help the rest of the girls pack for our trip to Jeju. It was going to be a weekend trip but a much needed one. Yuri told us that Minwoo was playing for our hotels and he invited all of us to go along. And of course i somehow managed to get Changmin and Kyuhyun invited. Leeteuk was going because of Taeyeon and he had invited Eunhyuk but he and Jay were going to New York to compete in a dance compition.

"Is everyone ready?" Yuri unnie walked out with her luggage. "Oppa is already waiting outside for us."

"Neh!" Everyone answered.

We arrived and everyone started spazzing out because the hotel Minwoo had booked for us was fancy. While all the girls were gaping at the hotel all i wanted to do was get some rest and relax. We got our room and it was Sooyoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and Sunny in one room, Seohyun, Jessica, Taeyeon, and i in the other, and the guys were going to share one room. We checked in and each got a key to our rooms.

"Finally." I said as we entered the room. The first thing i did was run to the bed fall into it. "It feels so nice." I smiled as i snugged my face into the pillow.

"You're not going to the pool with the rest of us?" Jessica asked. I lifted myself up and turned to look at her. "Come on the whole reason we're on this trip is so we can spend time together."

"Actually we're here because Minwoo oppa invited us." Seohyun corrected her. Jessica glared at her and threw the pillow at her head. Taeyeon sat next to me on the bed.

"You sure you don't want to come?" she asked again. "Without you the boys won't have anyone to talk to." Before i could answer there was a knock at the door. Seohyun ran to answer it.

"Isn't this place great?" Yuri walked in and smiled at us. "I can't believe oppa got us rooms here."

"Shouldn't you be in your room?" Jessica raised an eyebrow with a smile. "I thought we were all getting ready to go to the pool."

"Yeah, well long story short and now i'm last to use the bathroom." she frowned. "Anyways i'm just here to tell Yoona that Jiyeon will be joining us tomorrow morning. Oppa said that she insisted on coming along so is it ok if she stays in your room?"

"Sure." I shrugged. "I don't mind."

"But unnie..." Seohyun spoke up. "Shouldn't you be trying to get to know her better? Why doesn't she just stay in the room with you. This will give you and her plenty of time to bond."

"She has a point." Jessica agreed. "Not that i don't like her, but she seems like the type that gets up early in the morning and i just can't have that." We all giggled at her comment.

"But we already have 5 people." She frowned.

"Send someone over here." Seohyun suggested. Yuri thought about it for a while and she snapped her fingers.

"Sooyoung!" She yelled. "She's the only one who hasn't taken out anything yet... oh i better go tell her before she unpacks something." And with that said she ran out of our room. I chuckled as i shook my head and laid back down on the bed.

"I don't know about you guys but i'm not giving up a bed for Sooyoung." Jessica said and without warning a cloth landed on my face. I pulled it off and looked at it. "You're going to the pool with us." She ordered and got into the bathroom to get dressed.

Sooyoung came over already dressed and dropped off her things. Taeyeon and i were the only ones still not ready to go, so we told them to go one without us and we would meet them there. As i sat on the chair staring out onto our balcony waiting for Taeyeon to come out, i grabbed my head and sighed.

"What's going on with you Yoona?" Taeyeon asked as she slipped her arms through the sleeves of her shirt to cover up the bikini under. I stood up and pulled down my sunglasses from on top of my head.

"Nothing much the same old same old." i smiled. "Being forced by the ice princess to join in on the quote on quote fun. What about you? What's up with you?"

"Yoona." She crossed her arms over her chest and shifted her wait to the side.

"Unnie." I mimiked her tone and action. "We should get going the others might think we decided not to go."

"I know something is bothering you." We talked on our way to the elevator. "Lately you've been grumpy."

"Never really been a morning person." I stated. "I think Jessica unnie is starting to rub off on me."

"You're appeitie is not the same."

"Seohyun's health concious talks have finally gotten through. I finally see the light."

"You aren't as playful."

"Would you believe that i'm trying out the whole being mature thing? You see i hear that one way or another it has to happen so i'm kind of giving myself a trial run. If i don't like it in thirty days or less i can always return it."

"You don't talk to us anymore." She finally stated more firm. "And i swear if you have another witty, sarcastic comeback i will tackle you to the floor and hold Changmin's dirty socks in front of you until you crack."

I sighed and bit back a giggle. "Unnie, nothing is wrong." i stared straight into her eyes. "I just haven't been getting much sleep lately. Lost of appeitie and grumpiness are just the beautiful effects of being sleep deprived. Now sarcasim i got all on my own." I joked and gave her a side hug. "Don't worry too much unnie, i'm fine and as soon as i get rested i will be as good as new."

"If you say so." she sighed and hugged me back. "But you'd tell me if something was really bothering you, right?"

"Yes unnie." I smiled down at her. "I know that i can come to you for anything. I know that the rest of the girls are there for me too, but this is seriously nothing you should worry about."

"Taeyeon! Yoona!" Leeteuk oppa waved us over.

"It's about time." Jessica crossed her arms. "I thought Yoona tricked you into staying in the room."

"I tried, but she threatened to take ice cream off my options of desert for a week." Sooyoung and Seohyun faked shocked expressions.

"How evil." Sooyoung laughed. "You should go find your boys before Yuri kills them." She advised.

"Why, what did they do this time?" i asked through a sigh.

"Yuri has been trying to be all romatical with her boyfriend, but somehow Changmin and Kyuhyun have managed to become the third party." Leeteuk explained. "Can't you just feel the heat ratiating from Yuri's instense glare?"

"I shall save my children from Yuri's line of fire...again." I said walking away from the group.

"Don't get burned." Sooyoung yelled out.

Oppa was right. Yuri was glaring at them so intensly i could fire forming in her eyes. Yuri was off to the side while Kyuhyun and Changmin chatted away and joked around with Minwoo.

"There you two are." I butted in and stood between Changmin and Kyu. "I've been looking all over for you two. Come on Leeteuk insist that he can beat everyone in a game of Chicken and i want to prove him wrong."

"Can't it wait?" Kyuhyun asked. "We're just talking with Minwoo hyung and getting to know him better. He's pretty cool."

"Makes me wonder what he's doing with Yuri." Changmin whispered the joke to me. Unfornatly Changmin never leanred how to whisper properly and Yuri heard. A spark ignited in her eyes.

"Ok." I pulled them by the ear. "It's time to go."

"Owww!" they both yelled as i pulled them away from the couple. "Let go! It hurt!"

"Really?" I faked a shocked look. "And all this time i was under the influence that it really tickled. Damn that stupid Tickle Me Elmo. He lied to me."

"Yoona!" Jessica whined running up to me. "Sooyoung is trying to make me go in the pool, when there are cute guys right on the other side of the pool."

I looked at her. "I thought you and Jay..."

"He's a friend. We're friends." She said defensivly. "Nothing more nothing less... Friends. Just friends."

"Ok, ok i get it." I raised my hands. "No need to get defensive."

"No one is getting defensive." she replied as she walked away.

"And that's exactly what defensive people say." Changmin said. "So who are we up against?"

"Round 1!" Leeteuk called out. "It's Taeyeon and I verus Sooyoung and Jessica." As soon as that was said we heard a loud high pitch scream followed by a splash. We all turned to see what was all the commotion.

Sooyoung was standing at the edge of the pool with her hand on her hip and a wide smile on her face. Jessica shortly after surface from the pool gasping for air and holding onto the edge of the pool while she caught her breath.

"You're already in the pool you might as well play." Sooyoung stated while Jessica glared at her.

The teams were Taeyeon and Leeteuk, Sooyoung and Jessica, Hyoyeon and Seohyun, and Changmin and Kyuhyun. I stayed out of it and playe refferee. In round 1 Taeyeon and Leeteuk won. Round 2 was between Hyoyeon and Seohyun, and Changmin and Kyuhyun. For a breife moment i could see that Kyuhyun was holding back but his hunger for winning won him over and eventually beat the girls. Now the final round was on and it was anybody's game. Taeyeon unnie was ready to win it and Kyuhyun was not about to lose to a girl.

"Go Taeyeon!" Sooyoung and Jessica shouted. Sooyoung was finally done scolding her for losing the game. "PULL HIS HAIR!" I laughed along with them as we continued to watch the fight between the two teams. And finally Kyuhyun was dropped because of a surprise attack by Leeteuk. He tickled Changmin, causing him to wiggle and eventually drop Kyuhyun.

"Come on Kyuhyun don't be a sore loser." Jessica laughed as she high fived Leeteuk and Taeyeon.

"I wouldn't be if they didn't cheat." He replied. "That wasn't a fair game." I patted him on his back.

"It was just a game Kyu." I smacked him once more. "Get over it." He continued to sulk and pout while we had swam around in the pool.

We got back to our rooms pretty late, but it didn't really matter because i only got a few minutes of sleep. I kept on waking up in the middle of the night and afraid to close my eyes, so in the morning i woke up with red eyes. The girls asked if i was ok and i told them i was. I skipped out on breakfast to try to get an hour or so of sleep. But i only succeeded in a half an hour because i had to get ready to go out with the gang again.

Yuri planned a fun day since Jiyeon would be with us. Although Jiyeon did want to spend the day with me i made sure to tell her to try and spend time with Yuri. We were all out on the beach for bonfire. The sun was still up so the gang was out playing volleyball. Seohyun and i decided not to play and were relaxing by playing with the warm soft sand.

"Unnie, are you ok?" She suddenly asked me.

I had to admit i was a little dazed, but i knew it would pass once we got the bonfire going and made some hot dogs... or at least i hoped. "Huh? Oh i'm fine."

"You look pale...and sick." She pointed out. "Are you sure you're..."

"I'm fine Seohyun." I answered in more serious tone then i had initially wanted. "Sorry i didn't mean to sound so...mean. But i just wanted you to understand that i am fine. I feel fine, there for i am fine." I smiled. She nodded and smile back.

Finally the sun was setting and we got the fire started. As we were roasting marshmellows Sooyoung pointed out that we needed napkins, which of course we didn't have. I offered to run to the restrooms and get some paper towels before they were closed. As i was running back with the stack of paper towels in my hands i started to feel dizzy. I was still a few feet away from them but they saw me. Jiyeon waved her arms in the air and yelled out for me to hurry, but everything started to get fuzzy. I stopped and tried to focus on them, i even blinked a couple of times to see if my vision would become clear, but it didn't. Instead everything went black.

"Yoona. Yoona. Come on Yoona stop playing around and wake up."

"Yah! Leave unnie alone!"

"Will everybody calm down and give her some space."

"Yah Yoona i know you can hear me now so wake up."

"I've got ice cream."

"Yoona."

Slowly my eyes started to open and i saw everyone huddled around me with a worried look on their face. I groaned when i felt a sudden rush go through my body and closed my eyes again. I heard everyone sigh in relief.

"Ok everyone step back and give her some air." Leeteuk oppa ordered. I raised my hand to my face and slowly, with the help of whoever i was laying on, sat up. "Changmin support her back just in case she feels weak again."

I turned and saw Changmin behind me. "What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted." Kyuhyun answered rather coldly.

"Kyu." Changmin warned. Kyuhyun just bit his lip and turned away. "How are you feeling? Can someone bring her water."

"Here." Seohyun and Jiyeon both shouted. Leeteuk grabbed one and handed it to me. I grabbed it and took a sip.

"We should get her back to the room." Taeyeon announced as she stood up from my side and dusted herself off. "We can always come back and do this some other time.

I knew it wasn't possible because we were leaving tommorrow night and Yuri had been planning this all week. I didn't want to ruin her fun. "No it's ok i want to..."

"You're going back to your room." Changmin announced. "You guys can stay here i'll take her back and make sure she gets some food and rest." He motioned for Kyuhyun and helped me stand up.

"I'll go too." Jiyeon stepped up.

I shook my head. "You guys have fun and don't worry. I'm just hungry and tired." Minwoo place a hand on his sister and shook his head. She frowned and stayed quiet. I said goodbye and suddenly i was lifted off the ground.

Changmin motioned for Kyuhyun to grab our things and then we headed back to the hotel. He carried me all the way, even in the elevator.

"Fainting doesn't mean i lost all function of my legs." I stated embarassed from all the stares i was getting. "I can walk you know." He paid no attention to me and continued to walk all the way to my room. Kyuhyun opened the door with my key and Changmin laid me down on the bed.

"Order room service." Changmin said. "Anything you want specifically?" He asked me, i shook my head. "Fine i'll order for you." He took the menu from the table and then the phone from Kyuhyun.

"Did a crab crawl up his while i was out?" I asked Kyuhyun but he just ignored me. "There must have been two because it looks like one is up your too." I tried to get him to laugh. "Come on Kyu lighten up. I just fainted it happens."

"You scared the crap out of all of us." He said. "What the hell were you thinking skipping meals?"

"It's not like i did it on purpose." I rebutted. "Like i've explained before i haven't been sleeping well and the less i slept the less hungry i am."

"How long has this been going on?" He asked concerned.

"Hehe you sound like a doctor." He glared at me. "My attempt to lighten the mood once agian fails. Umm, i don't know a couple of weeks now, possibly over a month."

"Over a month?!" they both raised their voice.

"So are we going to ignore the fact that i said possibly?" i asked, but neither of them answered.

"Why haven't you been able to sleep?" they asked.

"Not sure. I thought i would be able to relax here but i guess i was wrong. The girls want to shop and explore since we have very limited time here." i sighed. "I just want to go home." They looked at each other and then back at me. "Ok, you guys have that look that tells me you guys have an idea... i don't want to know." I covered my ears.

"After you eat how about we head back before all the others?" Kyuhyun asked. "That way no one is home to disturb you for at least a day and you can catch up on all your rest."

"You know that doesn't sound like such a bad idea." i said surprised. "One thing though, there is no way that the girls will want me to go without them, especially Taeyeon unnie. She's been taking extra care of me because she thinks that something is seriously wrong with me."

"We'll be with you." Changmin sat down on the chair across from the bed. "I'm sure they will understand that you need a little alone time." I nodded and he stood up. "I'll go tell them. You guys better save some food for me." He walked out of the room.

My sotmach growled. "I hope the food gets here soon because i am starving." I chuckled as i rubbed my stomach.

"Hey Yoona." Kyuhyun looked over at me. "You had a really bad nightmare a few weeks ago when you were at our place... is that why you haven't been able to sleep?"

"Of course not." i lied with a wide smile. "I guess being this awesome sometimes gets a little overwelming." He rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at my face.