Love Sick.... Literally

Love Sick.... Literally

Chapter 28: He Doesn't Have To Know

 

 

 

 

It's cold...and dark. There is absolutely no noise except for this annoying beeping sound. But i have no idea where it's coming from. And i can't feel my body. It's like i'm floating on air and.... what the hell is that bright light?

I groan. "Turn it off."

"She's awake."

"Yoona!" i open my eyes and find everyone surrounded around me. They look like crap, which only means that i look much worse.

"She's still very weak so she'll most likely dose off again after a couple of minutes." The doctor said. "She needs lots of rest."

"Thank you doctor." Taeyeon bowed and watched him leave. "Yoona, how are you feeling?" Tiffany and Sooyoung helped me sit up, while Seohyun handed me a cup of water.

"I'm not gonna lie...." I took a sip of water to wet my super dry throat. "I've been better." That seemed to put a half smile on some of their faces. "What happened?"

"We should talk about that later." Tiffany rubbed my back. I looked at Taeyeon, who just nodded her head.

I frowned. "I think now would best."

"You need your rest." Taeyeon and Seohyun said.

I shook my head. "I've been locked up for so long... I've had enough time to rest. I want to know what happened."

"Tell her." a new voice joined the group of girls. Leeteuk. "She's not going to rest until she knows so either one of you tell her or i will."

"Oppa." Taeyeon looked at him.

He sighed. "Changmin took the shot for you." Suddenly my chest felt tight. "Before you start to panic, he's fine. He's getting the bullet removed as we speak. Kyuhyun is waiting for him in the room when he comes out of surgery. He's fine."

I nodded. "But that doesn't explain why i'm here. If i didn't get shot then shouldn't i be..."

"Changmin's dumb pushed you to hard thinking Kyuhyun would catch you, but he didn't. You hit your head and passed out." Jessica explained.

"That would explain the pain i felt before everything went black." i looked down at my hands. "Did they.... Did they get him?"

"Yes." Hyoyeon answered. "They took him and the guard that was helping him."

"Jiyeon is going to hate me." That's when i realized i hadn't see one person. "Yuri unnie."

"She's...."

"She hates me doesn't she." I looked down at my lap. "He sent her that nasty text saying that i was in lo.... she hates me."

"No. Not at all Yoona." Tiffany tried to comfort me. "She's just... well this isn't the easiest thing to take in you know. When we told her, everyone, about what he had done to you when you were younger..."

I looked up at Leeteuk. "Yes, i know too." He looked away.

"We had to tell him Yoona." Taeyeon explained. "We couldn't just keep our mouths shut after Yuri received that message from you."

"We tried looking for you at his place, but he said that he had paid for you to wait for him in London. That once he was finished with business here he would be meeting you there. So we really thought you were gone." Sooyoung whispered. "But then the girls told us about your past and.... well we knew he had to be lying and probably had you held hostage out there in London since he seemed to be busy with work half of the time and Jiyeon said she hadn't seen you at the house."

"I think it's time for Ms. Im to get some rest." One of the nurses came in.

"Can't we stay with her?" Jessica asked. "She's been gone for so long and we don't want to..."

"One of you can stay but the rest have to go." The nurse said before leaving. They all looked at each other.

"If you girls don't mind." Leeteuk stepped forward. "I would like to stay the night." They all nodded and kissed me goodbye.

"We'll be back later Yoona." Hyoyeon waved.

Leeteuk closed the door once they were all gone. "I didn't think i would see you again." He breathed out, his back facing me.

"It's gonna take a lot more that a little kidnapping to get rid of me." He turned around but instead of smiling at the small joke i made, he was nearly crying. "Oppa. I'm fine. Look." I raised my hands in the air. "I mean besides a little headache and some cuts and bruises that son of a gun gave me. I'm fine." I sighed. "It's Changmin that i'm wo..."

"I know you're not fine." He cut me off. "I know that bastard to well to know he didn't just keep you locked up down there." I looked away. "I mean, look at you Yoona. You don't look like someone who was just stored away and left there until he got everything ready to leave."

"Just stop." I wiped my tears away. "I'm free and he's locked up. That's all that matters now. So please... just change the subject." I pleaded.

"Fine. What do you want to talk about?" He asked pulling the chair up next to me. I laid down on the bed and thought for a while.

I shrugged. "Stuff my unnies won't tell me." He laughed. "They think i'm too weak and they're going hide everything from me. I know you'll tell me everything." He nodded. "So tell me... what secrets are they hiding from me?"

He shrugged. "Nothing much. Just that the place has been dead without you. Sooyoung wouldn't eat. Which is why she look like a pale stick, but i'm sure she got her hunger back since you're back."

"Yuri." I stated. "Hows she doing?"

"She's... fine." he sighed. "She's not mad at you though so stop thinking that." He said reading my mind.

"She didn't come to see me though." I looked away to prevent myself from crying. "I tried oppa, i really tried. I saw how happy he made her and when he threatened to take that away from her... I thought.... I would do anything to make sure that wouldn't happen." I sighed. "I thought he really cared for her, but i guess i was wrong and now she hates me because..."

"She wanted to come." He cut me off. "She really did, but...Sunny."

"That's right." I gasped and turned to look at her. "Sunny unnie wasn't here either. Omo! How's the baby?"

"Yoona." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Sunny... she lost the baby."

"Eh?"

"She was so depressed after you disappeared and no matter how much Sungmin and the girls tried to cheer her up and get her to think about the baby... she wouldn't eat and she wasn't sleeping well." he sighed. "So she ended up losing the baby."

"Oh god." i shook my head.

"Sungmin has been a mess since she lost it." He started explaining. "He hasn't been talking to her since which only made this worst. Yuri went to the clinic with Sunny to get a check up. She wanted to come, but she knew Sunny couldn't go alone."

I nodded. "I understand." I sighed. "I can't help but feel..."

"This is not your fault." He stood up. "So don't even finish that sentence. Don't even think that for a second." He looked at the time. "I'm going to get us something to eat because i know this hospital food is no good for you." I smiled and nodded. "I'll be right back."

Minutes later the doctor came in. "Shouldn't you be resting?" he asked.

"Not really tired." I shrugged and took a good look at him. I sat up and pointed to the doctor. "You look familiar."

He laughed. "I'm surprised you remember me. None of your friends did." He started to look through my chart. "I was here when your friend got into an accident. Dr Lee." he smiled.

"Nice to see you again." i smiled back.

"None of your friends are staying the night with you?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. He went to get us some food. No offense but hospital food is not the best around."

Dr. Lee just laughed. "I fully agree."

"Can i ask you how my friend is doing?" I fixed the blankets on my lap. "The one with the gun shot. I asked my friends and they said he was fine but they didn't say much other than that." He put my chart down. "So where did he get hit?"

"Shoulder blade." He answered. "It looks as if it would have been his chest if he didn't twist to push you out of the way. But he's fine, like your friends said. They took the bullet out and he's in recovery with your other friend. I believe he's spending the night."

I nodded. "That's good to know. Do you think you could let me know when he wakes up?"

"He woke up already." Kyuhyun suddenly appeared in the room. "But he went back to sleep. So i thought i would come over and check up on you. And before you ask, i can assure you that he is fine."

I rolled my eyes. "I already know that. How are you?"

"Good." He nodded as he stepped in further and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Now that i know that the two of you are ok... I'm good."

"Did you get checked out?" He had a couple of cuts and bruises. He nodded. "Good."

"Yoona... I'm sorry i didn't..." He sighed. "It's just that..."

I shook my head. "It's ok Kyuhyun."

"I'll leave the two of you to talk." Dr. Lee said. "We're going to run a few more test just to make sure everything is ok and then you'll be out of here in no time." I nodded and Dr. Lee excused himself.

"You look... like crap." He laughed. "What have you been eating?"

"Gee, thanks Kyu. That's exactly what i want to hear." I rolled my eyes but couldn't suppress my smile.

"Where is everyone?" He asked looking around. "I thought that at least one of them would stay with you so that's why i didn't even bother to come over her until i knew Changmin was out of trouble."

"Leeteuk oppa stayed." i answered. "He just went to buy us some food."

"Good call." He sighed. "I ate Changmin's food while he was sleeping and the only thing worth eating is the chocolate pudding." I chuckled and played with my fingers. "Do you know when they're letting you out?"

I shook my head. "They want to run more test and make sure i'm ok to leave. They said i'll have to be seeing a therapist for a while and i'll probably have to come up for another check up in about a month or so after i'm discharged."

"Sounds like fun." He said sarcastically. "Can i ask you something?"

"No." I laughed.

"I'm being serious Yoona." He frowned.

"And that's exactly why you can't." I sighed. "But i feel like your going to ask anyway."

"You got that right." He looked down at his feet. "What did he do to you?"

I smiled bitterly. "He didn't feed me."

"Yoona..."

"Kyu." I cut him off. "I just escaped hell. Please, just for a while, let me enjoy the fact that i'm free before we start asking these kinds of questions."

"Ok." He nodded. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "It's fine. I understand that everyone is curious, but i just need some time to... relax."

He nodded again. "I should really go back and be there just in case Changmin wakes up again. He'll go on about how i'm not showing him how much i care and i'll never hear the end of it." I chuckled. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah... see you later Kyu." I smiled and waved. I didn't think i would ever get to say that again. I suddenly felt at ease, sank into my bed, and waited for Leeteuk oppa to arrive with food.

 

 

 

"When will you be able to leave?" Sooyoung groaned as she picked at the chocolates Taeyeon had left for me the day before. "How long have you been in here?"

"3 days." Seohyun answered. She had been coming here straight after school. Sometimes she would bring Reyowook along with her.

"They want me to get back to my normal weight." I explained as i pushed the food away. "But i don't see that happening anytime soon, so i told Dr. Lee that i promise i would eat better if i would be allowed to go home. He said he would do what he can."

"That's nice." Sooyoung smiled like she knew something i didn't.

"What?" i asked.

"Nothing." She continued to smile. "It's just that... Dr. Lee's a handsome guy."

"Unnie." Seohyun rolled her eyes. "Is there one day that you don't think about guys?"

"No." She answered honestly. "At least not until i get a boyfriend."

"What about that guy in your class?" She asked. "What's his name... Key? I think that's what they call him."

Sooyoung blushed. "What about him?"

"Who's he?" i asked.

"A friend." Sooyoung quickly answered. "Anyways back to you and Dr. Lee."

"Sooyoung." I sighed. "Seohyun is right. You need to stop thinking about guys and focus on other things."

"Like what?" She pouted.

"Like what you plan to do in the future." Seohyun said in a duh tone. "Where do you see yourself 5 years from now."

"Eating." she joked.

"Aish unnie."

Sooyoung just laughed. "We should get going. Jessica is going to yell at us for taking so long. She said she wanted to bring Sunny unnie to come and visit you."

"Sunny unnie is coming?" i asked happily. "Is she feeling better?"

"She's eating." Seohyun answered. "Which is a huge improvement."

"And she smiled last night." Sooyoung added. "Now if we can just get her to cry."

"Why?" I asked.

"She's just like you." Sooyoung began to explain. "She wants to be strong for everyone else, so she holds in her emotions. The therapist said that she won't be truly fine until she let's what she's been holding in... out."

"Oh." I looked at them.

"Come on unnie." Seohyun leaned over and hugged me. "Bye Yoona unnie."

"Bye." I hugged her back. "Thanks for coming you guys." I waved as they left.

Minutes later Kyuhyun poked his head in. "Are they gone?" I nodded. "Cool. I was wondering when they would leave." He rolled in the wheel chair. "Come on." I sat on the chair and he pushed me down the halls of the hospital. "We only have a couple of minutes before the next batch of girls come and visit you."

"And you better hurry because it's Jessica and Sunny who are coming." I smiled.

"Just great." Kyuhyun sighed. "Well i'm sure Changmin doesn't want to hear Jessica screaming at him."

"I thought he was getting out today?" i asked.

Kyuhyun shook his head. "Tomorrow."

"And why can't he come to my room?" I asked.

"Because he's lazy." Kyuhyun simply answered.

"Yoona!" Changmin yelled as we entered the room. He couldn't move his right arm because of the surgery. "Finally you come and visit me."

"They've been keeping me busy." I laughed as Kyuhyun pushed me to the side of his bed. "How are you doing?"

"Good." He smiled. "They've given me enough food to fill me up for a couple of hours." He pointed at Kyuhyun. "But this jerk keeps stealing my puddings."

"I can't help it." Kyuhyun laughed.

"When are they letting you out?" Changmin asked taking a good look at me. "You look fine to me."

"I know." I sighed. "But Dr. Lee insists that i should stay longer. He says it's just to be safe. There's been tests and more tests that they've made me take."

"Oh." Changmin nodded his head. "Well lucky for me i'm a free man starting tomorrow."

"Thanks for..." I bowed my head.

"Hey think nothing of it." He laughed. "I'm sure you would have done the same thing." I nodded. "But since i did this i think i deserve at least half of your food for the rest of our lives."

"Yah!" i yelled.

"It's only fair." Changmin smirked. "I did save your after all."

"Kyu, tell him that's not fair." I pointed at Changmin while looking at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun however, didn't seem to be paying attention. "Kyu?"

"Huh? Oh... what?" he straightened up.

"Nothing." I stared at him. "You ok?"

"Y-yeah. Why wouldn't i be?" He chuckled. "I'm going to ask them for more pudding. I'll be right back." He quickly exited the room.

"Is he ok?" i asked Changmin.

He just shrugged. "He doesn't say much. I've tried asking him what's wrong but he just says nothing and does that weird fake smile. I'm waiting for my shoulder to heal so i can force him into telling me."

"When did the doctor say it would be better?" i asked.

"He said it would take at most a month for it to be fully healed. Since the bullet didn't hit anything major, but i did lose a lot of blood." He explained. A nurse walked in and checked Changmin's chart. "Is it time already?" Changmin pouted. The nurse only laughed and nodded.

"Time for what?" i asked.

"My last X-Ray." Changmin answered. "They want me to follow up with them every two weeks."

"Well i should get going anyways." I sighed. "Jessica unnie is bringing Sunny unnie over." I clapped my hands.

"That's great." Changmin smiled. "What about Yuri?" My smile slowly began to fade. "I see."

"The girls are always coming up with excuses for her." I stood up from the wheelchair and pushed it towards the nurse, she helped Changmin into it. "I wonder how she's going to avoid me when i get home."

"She can't." Changmin reminded me. "Don't worry i'm sure everything will work out."

"I sure hope so." I walked out with them. "Well i'll see you when i see you."

"Yeah." Changmin waved as he was being pushed away.

I headed back to my room and noticed Kyuhyun walking towards me with empty hands. "What's wrong? They didn't let you have another pudding cup?"

"Huh?" He looked at his hands. "Oh... i didn't even ask." He laughed. "My mind is else where i guess."

I knocked on his head. "It sound emptier than usual." He smacked my hand away. "Well the nurse just took Changmin away for another check up. I don't know when he'll be back."

"It doesn't take too long for those scans." He sighed. "I'll walk you back to your room."

"It's not that far." I said as we started walking. "You can go back to Changmin's room." He shook his head. "Hey Kyu."

"Hmmm?"

"About Fei..." He became stiff. "I didn't really ask you..."

"It's fine." He cut me off. "You don't need to bring her up."

"But..."

"Don't mention her name to me ever again." He looked me straight in the eyes. "Ok." He waited for my confirmation.

"O-Ok." I lowered my head. "I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "It's fine just don't do it again." I nodded. "I should go before Jessica and Sunny arrive."

"Talk to you later then." I waved as i jumped back onto the bed.

"Yah, Sunny. Couldn't you wait until the nurse finished telling us..."

"No!" She squealed in delight. I opened my eyes. "She's up! YOOOOONA!!!" She hugged me tightly.

"Unnie." I choked out. "Breathing.... becoming a problem." She quickly let go and apologized. "Why didn't you visit sooner?"

Her smile nearly faded but she forced a bigger one. "Busy with work." She lied. "I called in sick and came down here as soon as possible."

I sighed. "Leeteuk oppa told me everything." It became silent. "I really wish you guys would just tell me the truth. It's not like i can't handle it. I won't explode."

"It's not like that." Sunny lowered her head. "It's just you've been through enough. We, I, don't want you to..."

"It's fine." I cut her off. "I understand all that but really... something like this... it's nothing to hide, at least not from me."

"I know." She sighed. "I'm sorry."

"How are things with the therapist going?" I asked.

"Yoona, why don't we try talking about something else?" Jessica suggested.

"We will." I smiled lightly. "But i just want a couple of questions answered. After all this was all partly my fault." They opened their mouths to protest, but i was quick to cut them off. "Just answer a few questions and we'll talk about a happier subject."

Sunny nodded. "What do you want to know?"

I took a deep breath. "How things are going with your therapist, what happened with Sungmin oppa, and how are you feeling." I squeezed her hand. "And i want the truth. Don't candy coat anything."

She took a deep breath. "Things with the therapist are fine, i guess. She gives me a list of things to say to myself every morning when i wake up and look in the mirror. She says soon enough i'll start to believe in the words i say and i'll feel better because i'll know that it's the truth." I nodded and Jessica took a seat on the other side of me. "Sungmin oppa..." She bit her lip before talking. "He's...we've.... things just aren't the same. And i know it's my fault that we went through..... and no matter what he says i know he blames me as well. It's that look in his eyes. The way he acts around me. I... I know he blames me for losing..."

"He doesn't." Jessica butted in before i could. "And if he does then he's a real jerk. But i know for a fact that he doesn't. Because that's not the kind of guy he is."

Sunny shrugged. "Maybe not, but i can't shake the feeling that's the way he feel when he sees me." She quickly wiped away tears that started to roll down her cheeks. "And as for how i'm feeling..." She took a deep breath and smile. "I'm happy. Truly happy that you are ok and safe. And i'm hopeful."

"Hopeful?" Jessica tilted her head in confusion.

Sunny looked at her and nodded. "Hopeful that everything will soon go back to normal. I know that from now on, things will get better."

I nodded. "They will." Jessica reached across for Sunny's hand and nodded in agreement.

"So when are they letting you out of this place?" Sunny asked trying to change the subject.

I shrugged. "I don't know. They want me to get to a healthy weight and they said i have to see a therapist. Dr. Lee said he would try to see if i can get out of here faster than they have planned." I smiled.

"Dr. Lee." Sunny stopped to think. "Why does that sound familiar?"

"Ah," I smiled. "He was the doctor that helped when Leeteuk oppa got into that accident." i reminded her.

She snapped her fingers. "That cute one?" I nodded. "He's your doctor? Where is he?" She started to look around.

"He's with other patients." I said in a duh tone. "I'm not the only one in this place."

"Question." Jessica suddenly cut in. "I heard a nurse say that Changmin was going to be released tomorrow. So..."

"I don't know Sica unnie." I sighed. "They said they wanted to make sure that i was... ok." i sighed. "But anyways how are things back home?" i smiled and quickly changed the conversation.

After 2 hours of catching up with Sunny, Dr. Lee walked in. "Excuse me girls." He bowed. "But i will need Miss Yoona for the next couple of hours."

"Why?" Jessica sounded worried.

"More test." He simply answered. "But it's nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure?" Sunny questioned him. He nodded with a warm smile and she stood up. "I guess i'll see you some other time Yoong."

"We'll be back." Jessica reassured me.

They were about to leave. "Yuri unnie..." They stopped walking. "Is she... ok?"

They nodded. "She's just busy. But she really wants to come and see you." They were lying. I knew they were, but i acted like i believed them.

"You ok?" Dr. Lee asked as soon as the girls were gone.

"Never better." I lied.

"It's funny how you always tell your friends that they should tell the truth, yet you always lie." He chuckled.

I frowned. "Who said you could listen in on my conversations?"

He quickly shook hands in protest. "It wasn't intentional. I swear." I giggled. "I just happened to pass by every time you were lecturing them about lying to you."

I nodded. "They think that by pretending everything is fine that i will forget about what... what i went through."

He sighed. "Then why can't you be honest with them?"

I looked down at my hands. "Because... Because..."

"Well?" He waited for my answer.

"Because the things i've been through i rather forget." I answered. "That's why i choose to lie."

"I see." He nodded and sat down next to me. "Yoona-shii."

"Come on Doc." I smiled. "You have been taking care of me for the past week, i think you earned the right to call me Yoona."

He lightly blushed. "Ok, Yoona." He squeezed the chart in his hands. "I've got some news for you."

I sat up. "Is it about me being discharged? Because i really want to go home. It's been so long since i've been home, and i would really like to get into the flow of everything again and put all this behind me as soon as possible."

"No, it's not about your discharge." He sighed. "I mean i do know when you'll be able to go home but... this is not about that."

"Oh." I sadly sank back into the bed. "So what's the news? More tests?"

"Yes." He looked a little worried. "Yoona... can you tell me what exactly happened when you were kidnapped."

"H-huh?"

"After you were kidnapped..." He began to explain. "Did anything happen that you didn't tell us?"

I looked away before shaking my head. "No, i told you everything."

"Yoona."

"I was just locked up and he occasionally beat me. Then i got depressed and stopped eating. But that's it." i avoided all eye contact.

He sighed. "We have some test results from your urine..." I slowly turned to look at him. "You're pregnant."

I shook my head. "That can't be right." I continued to shake my head and it suddenly became harder to breathe. "No. There's been a mistake. You made a mistake. I can't.... it's not.... you're wrong."

"Our OBGYN would like to run a couple of test. It's not to late to check for any signs of that way he can be convicted of that as well, aside from the kidnapping." He explained calmly. "We aslo need to know what condition your baby is in. You haven't been eating much and your baby needs..."

I bit back tears. "You've...made a mistake." I shook my head and looked up at him. "Please tell me you made a mistake."

He shook his head. "I'm afraid not." He handed me the chart. "We ran last night's urine test and it came out positive."

"I can't.... breathe." I choked out. He quickly placed a oxygen mask over me and turned it on.

"Please stay calm Yoona." He rubbed my back. "Any kind of distress will harm..." He stopped himself from finishing the sentence. "Is there anything i can do for you?"

I nodded and slightly pulled down the mask so i could talk. "Let my friends know that none of them will have to be spending the night tonight." He nodded. "And please... don't tell them about this."

"Ok." He nodded. Tears slowly began to run down my cheeks and i laid back down in bed. "I'll be back." I nodded and turned away from him.

Of course things wouldn't get better for me. It was too easy. But how am i going to love a child knowing that he came from a monster?

"Yoona?" Kyuhyun poked his head in. I quickly tried to wipe my tears but it was too late. "Hey you ok?" he rushed to my side. "Why do you have that mask on? And why does it look like you were crying?"

He asked to many questions and i just wanted him gone. At least until i figured this all out and accepted the fact that i was... "Yuri unnie hasn't come to see me." I pulled the mask down.

"Is that why your crying?" He asked.

I nodded. "I thought she would come by now but it doesn't look like she wants to see me. And i'm just waiting for them to let me out so i can finally talk to her."

"Why don't you just get one of the girls to make her come." He suggested. "Get Jessica to bring her. She's scary."

I shook my head. "I want her to come on her own. Not because someone forced her." I wanted Kyuhyun to leave. "Is Changmin back?"

He nodded. "Yeah, he's just filling out some papers and he said that i had to leave because i was making too much noise." He frowned. "So i thought that i would bug you."

"Kyu..." I took a deep breath to prevent myself from crying again. "I really just..."

"What?" He tilted his head.

"Yoona..." Dr. Lee walked in. "Oh... I'm sorry but i have to... run some test on Yoona, so..."

"Oh." Kyuhyun got up from the chair. "Sorry." He bowed. "See you later then."

Once Kyuhyun was gone i smiled at Dr. Lee. It was a weak smile but one none the less. "Thank you. I don't know how much longer i would have been able to hold my tears back." Just as i finished the sentence i felt them roll down. "So what now?"

He closed the door and took his seat next to me. "You do have options." He looked through my chart. "The test showed you aren't that far along and..."

"You want me to get rid of it?" i frowned.

He quickly shook his head. "No, that's not what i'm saying at all. I'm just pointing out your options. If that was one then..." He didn't continue.

"I'm not going to kill an innocent life." I bit my bottom lip. My head was starting to hurt. "Did you talk to my friends?"

He nodded. "I think i talked to a... Yuri?"

"Yuri unnie?" I suddenly sat up and wiped my tears. "What did she say?"

"She said she would tell the others but she was sure that Seohyun and Tiffany wouldn't be too happy about it." He explained. "So what do you plan to do?"

I took a deep breath. "I don't know." I answered honestly. "I just really wish this wasn't true." He stayed silent. "I guess i'm going to take the tests so we can see how..." I placed my hand over my stomach. "Will the tests take long?"

He shook his head. "No. They won't take long, and i'm sure than once they're out of the way you'll be able to go home."

"You think?" I tried to force out a smile. I wanted nothing more than to go home. "That would be nice."

He smiled. "I'll set everything up and bring you some pills for that headache." I was about to ask him how he knew but he cut me off before i could. "This is too much to take in. I figured your head must be pounding."

I lowered my head. "I should have known he wouldn't leave me alone." i mumbled. "Whether i like it or not he will always be part of my life. He promised me when i was little..." i looked up at him. "He said he would never leave me like my dad did. And i guess he's planning on keeping that promise."

"I'll be back with pills." he cleared his throat. "Just try to relax."

I was now convinced that Minwoo really didn't plan on ever leaving me alone. It was like he planned everything out so that i would suffer until the day i died. Like he was a step ahead of everyone. He was indeed the devil and i entered his hell with no way out.

Now i have a baby, correction, his baby inside of me. A baby that was not conceived from love. Is it possible to love something that came from him? How am i going to handle seeing Minwoo's face every time i...

No. I can't be heartless. It's not the baby's fault. Dr. Lee is right. I should wait for more test to come out before i freak out and plan anything. I just need to remain calm and do whatever test is expected of me.

"Miss Yoona?" A nurse knocked on my door. "Dr. Lee asked me to come in. He said you might want to get these tests out of the way as soon as possible. Would you like to do them now?"

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yes."

She smiled and bowed slightly. "Ok." She rolled in the wheel chair. "I'll just take you to the OBGYN's office and we can get started."

"Thank you." I got into the chair and she pushed me out of the room.

 

 

 

I sat on my bed flipping through the channels. There was nothing good on T.V. Nothing that could take my mind off of... my stomach. It had been two days since i took all the tests. They said there was some proof of but there was no DNA sample. However, considering the fact that he had me locked up in a basement and the only person i saw aside from the guard he had placed outside the room. They said it would be enough to convict him of as well... that is, if i wanted to go ahead with it.

"Stupid." I threw my remote at the T.V. but it didn't hit it.

"Whoa." Dr. Lee suddenly walked in. "Someone is not in a good mood." He joked as he picked up the remote.

"Sorry." i lowered my head. "Just tired and bored."

"Your friends have been calling and trying to get in to see you non stop." He took a quick look at my chart. "They insist on seeing you."

I sighed. "I don't think i'm ready to face them yet." I looked up at him. "What have you been telling them?"

"That you've been answering a couple of questions for the police, going in for test and resting." He answered.

I bit my lip. "I'm a horrible friend."

"No you're not."

"Then why do i feel that way?" I looked up at him.

"Because you're trying to do this all on your own, when you have supportive friends who are willing to do anything for you." He answered. "You know you don't have to pretend to be strong yet you choose to torture yourself by doing so." I lowered my head and tears started to build up again. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean..."

"You're right." I mumbled.

"I didn't...." He let out a frustrated sigh. "I didn't come here to make you sad. I came here with good news."

"Good news?" I looked up at him.

He nodded. "Yeah." He waved a couple of papers in front of me. "I've got your discharge papers right here. You can leave tomorrow."

He handed me the papers and a pen. "Thank you for everything Dr. Lee." I stared at the papers. "I'm sorry i was such a handful."

"You weren't." He said.

"You stayed here with me when you could have been at home resting." I pointed out. "You've done everything for me and... all i do is complain."

He shook his head. "You're going through enough and since you insist on hiding this from your friends then i figured you would need someone to lean on. Since i'm the only one that knows of this..."

"I'm sorry." i bowed my head.

"There's no need for that." he chuckled. "But you need anything more... I'm here for you."

I nodded and looked down at my papers. He was about to walk out but i stopped him. "Actually... there is something else i might need from you."

He stopped and smiled. "Anything."

 

 

 

"Yoona!" Everyone rushed to hug me as i entered the house. It had been so long since i had been in this house. Memories slowly started to come back to me and i unconsciously smiled.

"Ok. That's enough hugging. Let her in." Leeteuk broke up the hug. He was kind enough to ask for the day off so he could pick me up from the hospital.

"It's so good to have you back Yoona." Tiffany hugged me again and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Ok, so the doctor said she needed plenty of looking after. And i told him he didn't need to worry because i know you girls won't let her out of your sight for a second."

"You got that right." Sooyoung grabbed my arm. "Come on. I made a whole bunch of food just for you." She smiled. "You need to eat. Just look at you. You look like a stick."

"Wait for me." Seohyun grabbed my other arm.

"Yah! She just came back!" Jessica screamed. "She's mine!"

"Yoona!" they all screamed and followed us into the kitchen. It suddenly became silent and everyone stopped pushing and pulling me.

My heart sank to the pit of my stomach and came back up. "H-hey."

Yuri just gave me a weak smile back. "Hey." Nobody moved.

"How are you?" i asked awkwardly.

She slightly chuckled and shook her head. "You're the one who's been in the hospital and you ask me how i'm doing?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure what to say." I admitted and lowered my head. "Are you... mad at me?"

My eyes slowly drifted up to look at her. She frowned and shook her head. "Of course not."

"Then..." He phone rang and cut me off.

"Hello?" She answered. "Of course...... I'll be right there." She hung up and looked at me. "I have to get going." We made way for her as she walked out.

"Yoong?" Sooyoung slightly shook me.

"N-neh?" i looked at her.

"Let's eat." She motioned to the food on the table. I nodded as she led me to the table.

"Don't move a muscle unnie." Seohyun quickly called out. "I'll serve you."

"It's fine Seohyun." I smiled and shook my head.

"Ani!" She screamed. "I'm gonna do it."

"Have you called Changmin or Kyuhyun?" Taeyeon asked.

"No, i was planning on visiting them tomorrow."

"I'll go with you." Jessica raised her hand.

"You have a date with Jonghyun." Hyoyeon reminded her.

"He can wait." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry." Taeyeon laughed. "I'll take you."

"That's not..."

"We're not taking no for an answer." Sunny reminded me. "You think we're going to risk losing you again?" I shook my head. "Good, now eat your food."

"Yes mam'." i faced my food and smiled.

"Are you sure you don't want to call Changmin and Kyuhyun oppa?" Seohyun asked taking the seat next to me. "I'm sure they would be happy to know that you're out."

"It can wait until tomorrow." I said.

"Oh!" She suddenly jumped up. "I should call Wookie and tell him the good news." She ran into her room. The doorbell rang and nobody moved to get it.

"Are you guys just planning to ignore the door?" Leeteuk oppa asked. No one paid any attention to him since they were busy trying to make me feel comfortable. "Fine. I'll get it." I smiled and continued my conversation with the girls. "Yoona, someone is here to see you."

"Who?" The girls asked for me.

"It's me." Eunhyuk suddenly appeared with his wide gummy smile. "Hey." He waved to all of us. He stopped and headed towards me. "It's been a while hasn't it."

I nodded. "Yes it has." I smiled. "How have you been?"

"I should be asking you that question." He looked away.

"I've been better." I admitted. "But i'm sure everything will be back to normal soon enough."

"Yeah." He nodded. "So what happened to Minwoo..."

"STOP!" all the girls yelled. Poor Eunhyuk nearly fell from shock. Sooyoung walked over to him and placed her arm around him. "There will be no mentioning that name in this house."

"There will be no asking Yoona questions about what happened to her while she was....gone either." Jessica added. "When she is ready to tell us she will." She smiled at me.

"For now we just want to make this a safe, comfortable, and fun place for unnie again." Seohyun explained. "So we are to avoid everything and anything that has to do with negativity."

"I see." He nodded.

"Good boy oppa." Sooyoung smiled and patted his back. "Now, if you would like to join us and have dinner, you are welcome to do so." She motioned to the table.

"Why i would love to." He smiled and sat at the edge of the table with Leeteuk.

"How are you feeling?"

"For the last time unnie. I'm fine." I sighed. "It feels good to be in my own bed again." I smiled and patted it down.

"That's good." Taeyeon smiled. "You girls should go to bed." She turned to look at the other girls. They all instantly pouted. "She needs her rest."

"She's had plenty of that in the hospital." Sooyoung argued and the rest of the girls nodded in agreement.

"Can i sleep in here tonight?" Seohyun asked hopefully.

I smiled. "Actually i was hoping Yuri unnie and i could... talk." I looked at her empty bed beside me. "That's if she plans on avoiding me some more and not coming to sleep."

"Is that what you think i'm doing?" The girls stepped aside and Yuri walked in. "Avoiding you?" I nodded.

"We should get to bed." Taeyeon pulled Seohyun up. "See you in the morning Yoona." She smiled. "Good night."

"Good night." The rest of the girls sang.

"But i want to see the drama go down." Sooyoung whispered which earned her a smack from Jessica. "Owww, what?"

I laughed as the girls walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. "I almost forgot how funny Sooyoung is." I looked over at Yuri who was taking out her PJ's. "I'm sorry."

"Eh?" She turned to look at me slightly confused.

"I said i'm sorry." I played with my fingers. "I didn't mean for things to turn out like this. I thought that... well i didn't think i would ever see him again when i left and when he showed up.... and you were so happy.... i didn't want to take that away from you. I didn't want to be...."

"Stop. Just stop it." She cut me off harshly. I looked up at her.

"U-unnie."

She sighed and sat down on her bed. Her back was facing me. "This is why i... i didn't visit you in the hospital, why i don't know how to approach you. Because i felt like it was my fault. Because i knew that the reason all of this happen was because you were trying to make me happy." She took a deep breath. "This is all my fault and that's why i couldn't... i'm so sorry Yoona."

I shook my head as tears started pouring out of my eyes. "No unnie. You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't know about what Minwoo did to me in the past. So please don't think like that unnie."

She wipped her tears away and ran over to hug me. "I hated you for a while." She admitted with a weak laugh. "But i hated you because you didn't tell me. How could you keep something like that from me?"

"She kept it from all of us." a muffled voice came from outside our door. Without a doubt it was Sooyoung. "Oww, damn it Sica if you hit me one more time i'm going to bite you."

I laughed as i let go of Yuri. "You guys can come in." Yuri stated as she wiped her tears. "This is all the crying i'm going to do right now." She looked over at me. "I don't want to wake up with puffy eyes."

The girls walked in. "Soo...." Hyoyeon stared at the both of us. "is the fight between the two of you over?"

"There was never any fight." Yuri hugged me. "How can i be mad at this deer?" I smiled.

"I've got an idea." Sunny snapped her figers. "How about we have a girls night in the living room. "Watch some movies and pig out."

"Yeah, that way we can all spend the night with Yoona." Seohyun smiled and joined in on the hug. "What do you say unnie."

I nodded. "That's the best idea i've heard all night." They all cheered.

 

 

"Why didn't you tell us the second you were discharged from the hospital." Kyuhyun asked as we waited for Changmin to come back with our order of coffee.

"The girls wanted to have me to themselves." I answered. "They wanted me to get use to being home again. You know for things to get back to normal."

He nodded. "I know but... a text message would hurt."

"Sorry." I smiled.

"If your talking about how it took you nearly three days to meet us after you got released from the hospital..."

"We were." Kyuhyun nodded.

"The girls have been watching me like a hawk." I sighed. "The only alone time i get is when i'm in the bathroom... and that's if i sneak in."

They laughed. "Can you blame them? They want to make sure nothing like this happens again."

"I know." I grabbed the cup of coffee. "But i wish they would lighten up a bit. It things continue like this i don't think we'll ever be able to move on from this."

"Have you heard from the police on what they're planning to do with that bastard?" Changmin asked.

I nodded. "He'll be on trial to determine how long he'll be in prison for."

"What's gonna happen to his sister?" Kyuhyun asked. "Is she aware of what happened?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't talked to her since... well since i was kidnapped. We were suppose to be leaving. Minwoo said that he was taking Jiyeon and me far away." I looked at my cup and pushed it away. "I don't know if she knows anything about this."

"Well her only option is to go back to living with her father." Changmin added. "Since her brother will be spending the rest of his life in prison."

"Well i could always take her..."

"No way." Kyuhyun stopped me before i could even finish my sentence. "There's no way you are going to look after her."

"Her brother was the sick bastard, not her." I pointed out. "Despite my problems with him, i really love and care for her. I still think of her as my little sister."

"Yoona, i know this is hard for you to understand but... there's a probability that she will hate you." Kyuhyun pointed out.

"She wouldn't." I shook my head.

"Kyuhyun is right." Changmin added. "The fact that you took the only person that cared for her after you and your mother left..."

"She'll blame you until she's old enough to understand the situation as a whole instead of having a bias point of view."

I sighed and laid my head down on the table. "I guess you guys are right." I sat up and looked at them with a frown.

"What?" They asked in unison.

"Have i really been gone that long?" I asked. "You guys have grown up so much. What happened to the immature dorks that i love?"

"We're still here." Changmin looked over at Kyuhyun. "I swear."

Kyuhyun nodded. "But this is a serious situation." He took a sip from his foamy cup.

"Uhh, Kyuhyun." Yoona pointed to his upper lip. "You have a foam mustache."

"I can't take you anywhere." Changmin frowned and grabbed a napkin to clean Kyuhyun's face.

"Yah!" Kyuhyun pouted. "You're too rough." He snatched the napkin away from Changmin. "Yoona does it better." He handed it over to me.

"You're such a baby Kyu." I smiled and reached over to help him clean his mouth.

"So, what time are the girls taking you away from us?" Changmin sighed as he took a cookie from the bag.

"Sica unnie really wanted me to go shopping with her, but Taeyeon explained to her that you guys are my friends too and that i should be able to spend time with you guys." I answered. "But i have other plans."

"Cool. What are we doing?" Kyuhyun asked as he took the cookie out of Changmin's hand. Changmin glared at him and grabbed another one.

"Look i know you guys are all worried and stuff, but seriously it's all over." I sighed. "Minwoo is locked up, there's no one else that wants me."

"Nice try, but we're not letting you out of sights again." Changmin bit into his cookie. "Jessica will kill us if something happens to you again."

"What happened was not your fault." I reminded them. "And if you must know i'm going to the hospital to pick up some medicine."

"Then why can't we go with you?" they asked.

"Because i have to talk to Dr. Lee." i played around with the little bit of foam that was sitting on top.

"And what is it that you have to talk with him about?" Kyuhyun tilted his head to the side. "I thought your next appointment wasn't until a couple of weeks."

"Fine, you guys can come along." I gave up.

"Well that was easy." Changmin high fived Kyuhyun. "I thought we would have to secretly follow you."

"Whatever, just wait for me in the waiting room when we get there. I don't want you guys going into the doctor's office with me."

"No problem." They held up their thumbs.

"My appointment is in a couple of hours so drink your coffee's and then we can take the bus to the hospital." They held up an 'ok' sign with their hands and started talking about all the stuff i missed out on while i was...gone.

"Miss Im." my name was called out. "Dr. Lee will see you now." I nodded and got up from my seat.

"I'll be right back." I said to the guys as i headed into the back. The nurse guided me to Dr. Lee's office.

"He'll be right with you in a second." The nurse informed me. "Please take a seat."

"Thank you." I bowed as sat down. She slightly closed the door behind me as i waited for Dr. Lee to come by.

"Yoona." He entered the room a minute later. "Sorry i'm late i was busy getting some more pills for you." He showed them to me.

"Thanks Dr. Lee." I smiled and took a deep breath. "And about earlier... i shouldn't have asked that of you. I was just scared and..."

"I completely understand." He cut me off. "But i said i would do it. I'm not backing down from it."

I shook my head. "No. You can't. Not that i don't appreciate that you're willing to..."

"Yoona." He cut me off again. "I said i would do it." He smiled at me.

I couldn't help but return the smile. "Look... i thought this over and i can't put you through this. I have no right to. I only asked you that because i was scared and...well frankly i had no idea what was going through my mind at the time, but... i just can't."

"I told you i have no problem going along with your plan." He stated. "I've grown found of you Yoona." he explained. "And what happened to you... someone should never have to go through it alone."

"That's just it." I sighed. "I'm not alone. I have plenty of friends who are there for me."

"So you're ok with telling your friend Yuri-shii that your having her ex-boyfriend's baby?" He asked. I flinched a little. "Sorry i didn't mean to..."

"I know." I looked down.

"I don't mind giving this child of yours my name." He leaned in. "I don't mind you telling your friends that i'm the baby's father and that we've been seeing each other for some time. That we slept together before you went missing."

"I think it's amazing that you are willing to do this for someone you just met, but..." i took a deep breath. "Dr. Lee..."

"Donghae." he stated. "You can call me Donghae."

I shook my head. "Dr. Lee is better for me." His smile slightly faded. "As i was saying... i'm a stranger who's gone through... a nightmare, and it's only getting worst. I don't want to drag you or anyone else into it." I grabbed my bag of pills and stood up. "I don't know what was going through my mind when i asked you in the first place. It must have been the drugs."

"If Minwoo finds out your expecting his kid." Donghae stopped me from exiting. "What makes you think he won't come after you and the baby?"

I turned to look at Donghae. "He doesn't have to know."