Love Sick.... Literally

Love Sick.... Literally

Christmas Special

Age 8

 

"Yoona." my mother called out. "Hurry up and put on the dress."

I frowned and from under the bed. "I hate wearing dresses."

"Yoona sweetie, you have to wear it for the party." she reminded me. "It's a very important..."

"They're all important." I said as i poked my head out to look up at her. "You said that about the last party 2 months ago. And you said i could invite Changmin and Kyuhyun oppa to the next party."

"Yoona you know how your dad feels about school friends. They're not..."

"Not allowed in the house." i finished for her. "I know. I know." i hid back under the bed. "But i really wanted them to meet Minwoo oppa, Jiyeon-ah, and Leeteuk oppa." i sighed. "I haven't introduced them to my new family."

"You'll get the chance Yoona." she said as she lowered herself to peek under the bed. "But for now just behave and put on the dress. The party will start in a couple of hours."

"On one condition." i poked my head out again.

"What is it?" she asked.

"I get to spend the night at Changmin oppa's house." i said.

"Eh?"

I nodded. "I promised Kyu oppa that i would read with him and play video games. And Changmin oppa just likes me being there because i distract Kyuhyun oppa from his food so he can take it."

"Is Changmin's mother ok with you spending the night?" she asked. I quickly nodded. "When will you be spending the night?"

I looked away. "Christmas."

"What?" She shook her head. "There's no way Yoona."

"But umma..." I whined. "I promised."

"No Yoona."

"Kyu oppa's parents aren't going to be with him this Christmas." i frowned. "That's why he's spending Christmas with Minnie oppa. And he really wanted me there...." I gave her my best sad puppy eyes.

She bit her lip in frustration. "Fine. But this is the first and last time that you do this Yoona."

I slid out from under the bed and hugged her. "Thank you umma." i smiled. "I promise i will be on my best behavior." I grabbed the dress and ran towards the bathroom to get ready.

I frowned as soon as i saw myself in the mirror. "This dress was made for humiliation."

"I think you look nice." a voice said.

"Oh?" i turned and saw Minwoo oppa standing at the doorway of my room. "Oppa." i looked down at the dress. "Do you really like the dress?"

He nodded. "You look nice." He finally walked into the room. "Why don't you wear things like this more often?"

"Kyu and Minnie would make fun of me." i sighed.

"Friends?" he asked. I nodded. "Well i think you look perfect in dresses." He reached over and fixed the bow in my hair. "Now if only you knew how to behave like a lady." He teased.

I frowned and pushed his hands away. "You sound like Leeteuk oppa." I looked up at him. "Do you think he's coming to the party? I really hope he does, because i'll be alone."

"What about me?" He asked. "Am i not good enough to keep you company?" he faked a pained expression.

I laughed and shook my head. "It's just that you are always getting pulled away to be introduce to the grown ups and there's no one else i can play with. Why don't they bring their kids to the party?"

He chuckled. "Because most of them don't have kids."

"Why?"

"Because they think work is more important and having kids just complicates everything." He explained.

"Well that's just silly." i shook my head. "My appa told me that i was a gift. And that anyone would be lucky to be blessed with a gift like me."

"Minwoo. Yoona." Minwoo's father called from downstairs. "Come down."

"It's show time." Minwoo oppa looked down at me and dusted me off. "You ready?" I nodded. "Stand up straight." I stood up straight. "Cue smile." i smiled. "Ok, we're ready to go." He smiled and held my hand as we walked out of the room.

"Boring~" i sang as i played with the small water fountain in the backyard. I spent the first half of the party being introduced (like always) and now i was all alone. "This is stupid. Grown up parties are a waste of time. Where's the music? Where's the games? Where's the clown? Ok well maybe not clowns because they sort of freak me out but... aish this is so boring." I looked at my reflection in the water. "I'm burning this dress."

"I'm pretty sure your umma will ground you." I quickly smiled and spun around to see Leeteuk oppa smiling back at me. "What's going on? Usually your running around playing games by yourself and getting into trouble."

I hung my head. "I promised my mom i would behave if i could spend the night at my friend's house." I explained.

"I see." he nodded. "Well i must say your going to make my job of looking after you very uninteresting since your going to behave. I was really looking forward to pranks and running wild."

I shook my head. "I can't oppa. This sleep over is important."

"Wae?" he asked slightly interested.

I giggled. "Well, Kyu oppa needs me to be there for him since his umma and appa are going to visit his sick aunt. They couldn't take him so they left him with Minnie oppa." i explained. "And.... well i have a secret mission i need to do."

"Secret mission?" he asked. "What is it."

"Oppa." i shook my head. "If i told you then it wouldn't be a secret would it."

He frowned and shook his head. "Fine, don't tell me. See if i care." I smiled and hugged his arm.

"Come on oppa." i tugged on his arm. "Let's sneak into the kitchen and get some freshly baked brownies. They always taste better when you get first pick." I smiled.

He laughed and followed me back into the house.

 

"Umma!" i screamed. "Hurry."

"And where are you off to?"

"Oh. Good morning Minwoo oppa." i smiled. "Umma is taking me to the store to buy Christmas presents."

"Are you buying something for me?" He asked with a smile.

"Maybe." I teased.

"Do you mind if i come along? I have some shopping have to get done too." I nodded happily.

"Oh Minwoo." My mom came walking down the stairs. "Are you coming with us as well?"

"If that's ok with you." he bowed.

She smiled. "Of course."

"Then i will meet you in the car, i have to get my jacket." He bowed and ran up the stairs.

We headed out to the car. "Umma."

"Hmm?"

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because Minwoo is coming along with us."

"Oh.... is that it?"

"Yes. It's only been a little over a year since his father and i have married and i would like to have a good relationship with him." She explained. "Since he's always busy with school work, it's hard to get to know him or spend time with him."

"Oh." She pushed me into the car and we waited for Minwoo oppa to come out.

"Umma, i want to go into that store." I tugged on her arm.

"Yoona, be patient." She whispered to me as she continued to shop around the store.

"I can take her." Minwoo suggested. "I'll take her to the stores she wants to go to and we'll meet you at the food court in 2 hours."

My mom smiled. "Sound perfect." She looked down at me. "Be good Yoona, and don't give Minwoo too much trouble."

"Neh." i smiled and grabbed Minwoo's hand and led him out of the store. "Hurry up oppa, what if they take all the good gifts."

"Who are you shopping for?" He asked with a smile.

"Changmin and Kyuhyun oppa." i answered. "Oh i almost forgot Leeteuk oppa." I snapped my fingers and continued searching for something that the guys would like. "Minnie and Kyu are easy to shop for..." I smiled as i pulled out a video game. "Kyu oppa likes games." I ran to the candy section and searched for chocolate muffins. "And Minnie oppa likes food." I frowned. "Leeteuk oppa on the other hand, he's a tough cookie to shop for."

"Why?"

"Don't get me wrong he likes everything i buy for him, but...." i sighed. "It's never seen him go crazy like Kyu and Minnie when they open their gifts from me."

"I see."

"Do you know what i should get him?" i asked hopefully. He thought for a while and took a couple of steps forward. "Minwoo oppa?"

He looked back at me with a sad expression. "Sorry Yoona. I can't seem to think of anything."

I frowned and let my arms dangle loosely. "It's ok." I reached into my pocket for my money. "Ah."

"What is it?"

"I don't think i have enough money..." i frowned. "Awww..."

"Why don't you let me count it for you." He took my money and started counting then he looked at what i had in my hands. "You have enough for what you have now, so you can't add to it."

"Eh?" i sighed. Then a light bulb went off in my head. "I got it!"

"Got what?"

I giggled. "I know what i can give Leeteuk oppa for Christmas. Come on oppa let's go pay for these." i skipped happily to the cashier.

 

"Almost done..... owww." i snatched my hand back and glared at the scissors. "Stupid... i hate wrapping gifts." i mumbled to myself as i moved the sissors over and reached for the tape. Finally i finished and looked at the final product.

"Hey Yoona... whoa... what's that?" I frowned as i turned to look at Leeteuk oppa standing at my doorway.

"My gift to Kyuhyun oppa." i answered. "Is my wrapping really that bad?"

"Terrible." he commented. "But that's what makes it special. It has that Yoona touch." He rubbed the top of my head, messing up my hair.

"So why did you call me over?" he asked as he sat down on my bed. "I was in the middle of getting ready to go visit my grandmother."

I smiled. "Wait there." i ran to my closet and started digging through my things and finally took out his Christmas present. "This is my Christmas present to you oppa. I'm going to be with Kyu and Minnie so i won't be able to see you..."

"Do you mind if i open it now?" he asked and i quickly nodded. He slowly started opening it. "I think you should get the honor of seeing my beautiful reaction to your gift." He threw the wrapping paper to the side and held it up. He was speechless.

"I made it just for you." i said. "It's pictures of us." I sat next to him and pointed to a picture. "See, that's when our families went to the theme park." I giggled. "You kicked one of the people that was in the wolf costume because they scared me." I pointed at another picture. "That's when we went to cheer you on at your first soccer game..... and that's my 5th birthday party. You and appa planned to push my face into the cake but i did it on my own because i couldn't wait to eat the cake." He chuckled and continued to stare at the collage of photos. "Do you like it?"

He nodded. "I love it."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. I was really worried you wouldn't like it." i smiled. "It's just in case...."

"Just in case what?" he asked finally looking away from the pictures.

I could feel tears starting to build up. "Just in case we start to grow apart. I don't want you to ever forget me."

"Why would i do that?"

I shrugged. "Minwoo oppa says that slowly you will start to... slip away. Because appa is dead, and your older, and your a boy. He said that you'll start to have more important things to do and that slowly we'll grow apart."

"That ." i gasped. "Sorry, but that step brother of yours is a manipulative little just like his father."

"Oppa." he hissed and looked back at the board of pictures. "Minwoo oppa is just looking out for me and he...."

"He's a sneaky little bastard Yoona. He's smart, but he doesn't fool me for a second." He said before looking at me. "You listen to me Im Yoona. I will always be here for you. No matter what... i'll always be there for you."

"Promise?" i looked at him with a small smile on my lips and held out my pinky. He chuckled and linked his pinky with mine.

"Promise."

"Changmin! Kyuhyun! Yoona is here." Changmin's mother called out. They came running out of Changmin's room, pushing each other to try to reach me first.

"I win." Changmin smiled and stuck his tongue out at Kyuhyun. "So what did you get us?"

"Changmin." his mother warned. "That's not nice. Why don't you show Yoona where she'll be sleeping?"

"Neh." He frowned and grabbed my hand. "You did bring us present, right?" he whispered to me and i nodded. That brought a smile to his face almost instantly. "Kyu didn't think you would come, but i told him you would."

"I hope you guys know what i sacrificed for you." i frowned as soon as we entered his room. "I had to wear a dress and i had to act like a lady for the whole day of the party."

They broke into laughter. "You....act....like a lady." Changmin fell to the floor and Kyuhyun held onto his stomach as tears started to fall out. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Yah." i was surprised by there sudden out burst. "I-it's not that funny." They still didn't stop laughing, so i reached into my bag. "Fine, you guys won't get your presents." And just like that the laughing stopped. "Thought so."

"What did you get us?" Kyuhyun moved closer to me while wipping his tears away. "What is it?" i handed him his gift and then threw Changmin his.

"Can we open them now?" Kyuhyun asked. Just as i was about to answer we heard ripping paper and looked over at Changmin.

"Whaaaaa! Muffins!" he smiled and opened the box to put one into his mouth. "Thanks Yoona!"

"Changmin." I whined. "That was suppose to be for tonight." I pouted and turned away from him.

"I'm sorry Yoona." he rushed up to me and tugged on my arm so i could face him. "Here, this is my present for you. You can open it if you want."

I took it from him. "No i can wait." I looked at the both of them. "Besides i told you i have something special i want to do tonight and i want to open my presents then."

"Where are we going anyways?" Kyuhyun asked as he stepped forward. "You just told us that we would be sne..."

"Shhh." i placed my hand over his mouth. "Keep your voice down will you. If Changmin's mom finds out we'll never be able to get out of here." Kyuhyun nodded and i lowered my hands. "And don't worry, i have everything planned out perfectly. I've been planning this since my birthday." i explained.

"Wow." Changmin stated before stuffing another muffin into his mouth.

"Changmin." his mother walked in and snatched the box from him. "Where did you get this from?"

"Yoofna gafe if tof me." he said will a mouth full of muffin.

"Was this your Christmas present from Yoona?" she asked for conformation. Changmin just happily nodded. "Aish, you know you're suppose to wait until Christmas morning." He just hung his head. "Well I'll be taking these." she walked out of the room.

Changmin dramatically reached out for them and when his mom left he fell onto his knees. "They're gone." he hung his head yet again.

"Stop being so dramatic." Kyuhyun commented as he placed his gift on Changmin's desk.

"Changmin." his mother yelled from the kitchen. "Why don't you, Kyuhyun, and Yoona come and make some cookies for Santa."

Kyuhyun giggled a bit and shook his head. "I can't believe she still thinks we believe in S..."

"Come on let's go make cookies for Santa." Changmin grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room.

 

It was almost midnight and i moved to the edge of the bed. "Psst. Are you guys ready?" i whispered.

Suddenly, a small superman flashlight was pointed in my direction. "Ready." Kyuhyun smiled. We waited for Changmin to answer. "Changmin are you ready?" He didn't answer. "Changmin?" Kyuhyun pointed the light at Changmin, who was in the middle of a deep sleep.

"Yah," i threw the pillow at him. "Come on wake up."

"Huh?" he shot up and looked at us confused. "Is it Christmas already?" Kyuhyun and i rolled our eyes and then a light blub went off in his head. "Oh yeah, our secret mission."

"Come on." i motioned as i got off of the bed, grabbed my jacket and backpack, and tip toed to the window. "Changmin, stay by the door and listen for your mom. Kyuhyun, keep quiet and follow me."

I opened the window and looked at Changmin for the "clear" sign. Once he gave it to me i motioned for Kyuhyun to jump out. Then i motioned for Changmin to run over and head out the window with Kyuhyun. He ran and jumped out the window. I was about to go out as well when i noticed a plate of cookies on the night stand. I quickly dumped the cookies into my bag and then headed out.

We ran out the front yard and headed down the block. "We have to be quiet you guys. If we get caught we'll be in so much trouble."

"Where are we heading anyways?" Changmin asked as he finally got his jacket zipped up.

"The park." i answered. "More specifically to that big old tree that all the grown ups are always so crazy about."

"Why there." Changmin asked.

"Will you stop with all the questions?" i sighed. "Your ruining the mission."

"How am i ruining the mission?"

"Because it's a secret."

"But we're part of the mission so shouldn't we know about it?"

"Not until i say so."

"But..."

"Changmin!"

"I thought you said we have to be quiet."

"Well your making me scream."

"Santa isn't going to be coming to my house tonight." he shook his head. "He's gonna be pissed."

"Santa isn't real Changmin." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

"What?" a heart broken Changmin gasped.

"Santa isn't real." he repeated. "It's just something the parents tell you so they can scare you into behaving." Changmin looked at me and i nodded my head.

He placed his hand over his chest. "I think i just lost my innocence."

 

"Here we are." i smiled and held out my arms as i stood in front of the big tree. "Oh look someone decorated it to look like a Christmas tree."

"A few minutes ago i would have said Santa did it, but now...." he sighed and shook his head.

"Here," i dug into my backpack. "this might cheer you up." i handed him a cookie. He instantly smiled and took it from me. I took out a white candle and a match box. "Hold this for me Kyuhyun."

"Where did you get the matches from?" he asked with wide eyes. "We're not allowed to play with fire."

"I took it from my step dad's study." i said. "And i'm not playing with it. I'm going to light this small lantern and send it up into the heavens."

"Why?" Changmin asked. "And where did you get the lantern from?"

"A present from step dad." I answered as i started to pull it out from my backpack. "He went on a business trip and brought me back this." i smiled.

"Anyways, why are you doing this?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I'm going to send it to my dad." i answered as i started setting it up.

"Your dad?" Changmin asked confused. I nodded. "Why don't you just hand it to him? I'm sure he'll get it much faster."

"She can't." Kyuhyun said.

"Why?"

"Because her dad is..." he stopped and thought for a while. "With the angels."

"With the angels? Why?" he asked again.

"They took him." Kyuhyun explained.

"Well tell them to give him back." Changmin demanded.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Changmin, my dad is dead. He can't come back, but he's in a happier place now."

"Oh..." he said sadly.

I took out a note from my pocket. "This is a letter to him. I wrote to him about everything i could think about." i smiled as i held it to my chest. "And to wish him a merry Christmas. And i wanted you guys to be here with me as i sent it off. I really wanted him to meet you since he never got the chance."

I lit the lantern and kissed it before letting it go. "Well take good care of her." Changmin yelled. "I promise!" He bowed 90 degrees.

"I promise too!" Kyuhyun followed Changmin's actions. "Oh, and Merry Christmas!"

"Maybe we should have sent him a Christmas cookie too." Changmin suggested.

I smiled at them. "You guys are... retards." tears started to build up in my eyes.

 

Years Later.....

 

"Yoona?" Yuri unnie walked into the room drying her hair with a towel. "Are you sure you don't want to come with me and spend the holidays with my family?"

"It's no use unnie." Seohyun walked into the room as well with a sad face. "I've been asking her the same question all month, and her answer is always no."

"Why don't you just come along with me?" Tiffany suggested. "It's just me and my dad, so the more the merrier."

"Yah," Sooyoung came in and cut in front of everyone. "If you come with me and my family then i can guarantee that you will leave with a belly full of delicious, mouth watering food." she wiggled her eyes brows.

"Yoona-yah!" Taeyeon unnie yelled. "You're coming with me and that's an order."

We all stared at her and i started laughing. "Really you guys, i'm fine. I don't want to take up your time with your family. I love you guys for worrying about me, but really.... a break from each other will do us some good and it only comes once a year."

"But..." they all said at the same time.

"It's fine you guys." I smiled and pushed them out of the room. "Have fun with your families. Tell them i said hello and happy holidays." i slid down the door.

One by one they started to leave. The last one to go was Taeyeon unnie. "Yoona, are you sure you don't want to come with me?"

"I'm sure unnie." i smiled. "I don't want to come in between any family time you guys have."

"But..."

"Unnie." I placed my hands on her shoulders. "I've been doing this for years so don't worry about me. I'm use to it." I pushed her out. "I'll see you for New Years." She frowned but finally just left.

After i finished packing my bag i looked at the time. "I'm late." i grabbed my jacket and headed out."

I finally reached the house and knocked. It opened and i was pulled in instantly. "What the hell took you so long? We've been waiting for you for hours." Changmin pouted.

"Well i was sending the girls off and..."

"Nevermind about that." Changmin cut me off. "Let's just pack our snacks and head out." He shook his head and headed into the kitchen.

I stood there a little dumbfounded. "What's wrong with him?"

Kyuhyun stood next to me and smiled. "He's got a surprise for you."

"Surprise?" i asked as i followed Kyu into the kitchen.

"Ready?" Kyuhyun asked while covering my eyes. Once we arrived to the tree at the park they covered my eyes.

"What is this all about?" i asked.

"Tada!" everyone cheered.

"What the..." i looked at everyone. "What are you guys doing here? Don't you have families to get to?"

"We can always go tomorrow morning." Hyoyeon smiled as she ran up to hug me. "We thought you might need us a little more than they do."

"Besides, when Changmin and Kyuhyun oppa told us what you guys do every year for Christmas we wanted to come and join in on this tradition." Seohyun joined in on the hug. Soon i was surrounded by the girls.

"And look..." Sooyoung pulled out a lantern. "We even brought our very own lanterns."

"I bought it for them." Changmin added.

"Well let's start saying our prayers and sending them off." Taeyeon and Tiffany cheered and started setting up everything.

"So what did you think of our surprise?" Changmin asked as we watched the girls excitedly write little notes.

I looked at him and hugged them both tightly. "Thank you."

"Merry Christmas Yoona." they both sang.

"Merry Christmas." i let go of them and we joined the girls.

"Ready?" Taeyeon asked and finally we let go of our lanterns. "Wow." we all stared up at the sky and watched out lanterns gently float in the air.

"Merry Christmas appa. Merry Christmas umma."

 

__________________________________________________

A/N: Wow.... it feels like forever since i last updated. I've been working hard on all my stories, but i've been really busy so i always have to stop writing. Anyways what did you guys think of the Christmas Special?  ^.^  I've been having trouble getting my thoughts down so that's why i avoided updating for a while. So if it , i'm sorry. Anyways happy holidays to all of you. Look forward to the next chapter. Yoona has been kidnapped and no one knows. *dramatic music plays*  Who's the kidnapper? Who's gonna save her? You'll have to keep reading. ^.^ Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing.  

Happy Holidays to you all  (^.^)