Love Sick.... Literally

Love Sick.... Literally

Chapter 17: It's like a video game and their relationship is on pause.

 

 

It was 2 in the afternoon and Taeyeon still hadn't come out of her room. Everyone that witnessed the fight last night tried getting her out but all failed. I tried calling Leeteuk oppa to see how he was doing, but he didn't answer his phone. Currently Jessica was knocking at Taeyeon's door with a tray of food.

"Taeyeon-ah." Jessica called out to her. "Come on you have to eat."

I grabbed my bag. "Where are you going unnie?" Seohyun asked.

"I'm going to check up on Leeteuk oppa. I've tried calling him but he doesn't answer. I called his work and they told me that he called to have a couple of days off. I'm really worried." I said. "Sunny are you ready?" She nodded and grabbed the keys. "I'll be back. Let me know if anything happens."

Sunny dropped me off at Leeteuk oppa's place. She said she was going to pick up some coffee for the girls so that if he didn't answer i could call her to pick me up. I knocked on his door and no one answer. Of course i wasn't expecting him to answer the first time, so i put down my bag and started to knock non stop on his door.

"Oppa i'm not going away until you open this door." I said while my hand continued to pound on the cold metal door. "So if you don't want to sit through hours, and possibly days of knocking then i suggest that you open the door."

The door swung open and Leeteuk oppa walked away. I stepped in and followed him inside, closing the door behind me. I expected to see a messy room at least but everything was in place, no tissues, no junk food, or trash anywhere. He walked into the bathroom and i sat down on the couch, waiting for him to come back out.

"What is it?" he asked once he stepped out of the bathroom. "You need something?"

"I was worried about you." I answered. "How are you?"

He sat down next to me. "What do you want me to say? That i'm fine? Well i wish i could say that, but i can't." He sighed and rubbed his face. "I just... where did i go wrong? Why does she need time apart?"

I thought about telling him about Wooyoung but that would only make things worse. "Oppa, just do as she says and give her time. You didn't do anything wrong, but just give her time. Tell her you understand, so that she won't be locked up in the room. Because the girls and i have been doing whatever we can to get her out of her room, but she hasn't showed her face since you've left."

"Her favorite food." he said suddenly. "With some ice coffee with whip cream and chocolate chips sprinkled on top from that little place a couple of blocks away from your school, and a banana split. The flavors have to be vanilla, on the sides, and strawberry in the middle. And she likes rainbow sprinkles, and strawberry pieces instead of cherries." He sighed. "That should get her out of her room and eating."

"Ok." i smiled. "I'll tell the girls to start making the food, while Sunny and i go get the coffee and banana split." I looked at him. "What about you? Is there anything you need?"

He shook his head. "Talking to you was enough. I guess i should take your advice and just give her some space."

"So you're ok?"

"Not at all." He sighed rubbing the back of his neck. "But if it's what Taeyeon wants then what else can i do?" He stayed quiet for a while. "I think i'll go visit my parents."

"Ok." I said. "I'll call Sunny unnie to pick me up." He walked me to the door. "Bye oppa."

"Bye." He stopped me. "Tell Taeyeon that it's ok. To take all the time she needs." I nodded and walked away.

 

"Is everything ready?" Sunny whispered as she and i entered the house. Everyone nodded and showed us the tray of food. "Ok let's go knock on the door."

Seohyun, Jessica, Sunny, Yuri, and i walked up to the door and knocked. "Tae unnie." I called out. "Please come out to eat."

"Not hungry." A hoarse voice came from the other side of the door. A sign that she had been crying a lot.

"We have all your favorite foods." Seohyun added. We stayed quite and waited for an answer. We heard the door unlock and she finally opened the door. We all came in and carried the tray of food to her bed.

We all watched her as she started to eat the food we prepared. I could tell that the girls and i were thinking the same thing. She was a hot mess. Her eyes were red and puffy, her nose was stuffy, and she had a nasty case of bed head. But we just sat there silently waiting for her to say something.

"Thank you." She finally said as she started on her ice cream. "You got everything perfect." It looked like she was cheering up.

"Leeteuk oppa helped." I said.

"He's here?" She suddenly became very panicked.

"No." Sunny answered. "I dropped off Yoona at his house. She wanted to see how he was doing since he didn't pick up his phone."

".......How......" Taeyeon lowered his head, but i knew what she wanted to ask.

"He's been better, obviously, but after a talk with me he seemed to be doing a little better. I should really think about being a therapist." I smiled, the corner of Taeyeon's lips slightly twitched. "Anyways he told me what might get you at of your room, and he also told me to tell you that it's ok and to take all the time you need."

I could see her eyes being to water again as she slightly smiled and nodded her head. "She's smiling." Yuri pointed and clapped her hands like an idiot, causing Taeyeon to smile brighter.

"I think we should all become therapist." Seohyun chuckled.

I put my hand out. "We charge by the hour."

 


"It's been a while since we've been out together." Yuri said. "You're always with Seohyun, or Changmin and Kyuhyun."

I laughed. "Hey you're the one that's always with Minwoo. Don't try to blame it all on me. I'm always free for whoever wants to hangout."

She looked through a rack of clothes. "Well, it feels like i sleep with a stranger now."

"Have you told Minwoo." I teased.

"I'm being serious Yoona." She hit me. "It's like the only time i see you is when you're sleeping." I saw her frown so i hugged her from behind. "We use to talk all the time and hang out."

"Hey i'm the one that should be saying those things to you." I smiled as i let go of her. "You're the one who dumped me for a guy."

"I did not." she laughed as she pulled out a shirt from the rack. "Anyways how's life? I've feel like it's been forever since we've talked."

"I got married and had a kid." i said with a serious face.

"Yoona." She glared at me.

"Yuri, it's not like anything has changed." I said. "I'm not doing anything exciting or life changing. It's the same old same old with me. I go to work, school, hang out with friends, and i sometimes i like to help those around me."

"Well how about Rain oppa?" She asked. "I haven't heard about him lately. Is he still y?"

"He's setting his divorce with his wife. From what i've heard she's refusing to give him a divorce so he's been pretty busy. He doesn't come by the club anymore." i answered.

"He hasn't tried to call you?" She pulled out a skirt and put it up to my waist and shook her head, putting it back. "I mean, last i heard he kiss you and confessed to you."

"Like i said he's been a busy man." i leaned up against the clothes rack.

"So since he's getting a divorce is there any chance that you and him will...." She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"No." i answered.

"Come on Yoona, he's perfect." she stomped her feet like a three year old. "Why don't you just give him a chance? He's the first guy who has the guts to confess to you. And he stold your first kiss."

"He did not steal my first kiss." I said, instantly regretting i did.

"What?" her eyes grew wide and she spun around to look at me. "Omo! Who was your first kiss with? Huh?"

"I c-can't remember." i lied.

"Liar!" She pointed at me. "Come on Im Yoona, spill the beans."

"The beans want to remain in their pot." I protested. "Please just drop the subject Yuri."

"Fine." She pouted and turned back to look at the clothes with a sour face. "This is what i mean when i say we lost our connection. You use to tell me everything."

Yuri was a professional at making me feel bad. "Fine, i'll tell you."

"Yay!" She clapped her hands and turned back around to look at me. "So? Who was it? And i want details. Was it sweet? Romantic? What kind of kiss was it?"

The kiss was anything but romantic. It hurted. It was forced upon me. And it's a kiss that will forever remain burned into my memories.

"It was with Kyuhyun." i said. "Changmin was sick with the chicken pox, so it was just me and him during lunch. I saw my mom and step dad do it and they looked happy, so i thought i would try it. I thought that if i kissed someone then i would be happy just like my mom. But it didn't work. Kyuhyun just sat there looking at me confused and i smacked him for not working."

She stared at me for a while and then folded over in laughed. "PUWAHAHAHAHA! OH MY..... How old were you?"

"I was 10 at the time, he was 11." I answered. "I made him promise never to speak of it again."

Yuri was wiping the corners of her eyes. "Oh god Yoona, you really are one of a kind. Smacking him for not working." She shook her head as she spoke to herself.

"Don't tell anyone i told you this story." i sighed. "Changmin might get upset, and then things between me and Kyu will get weird. And that is the last thing i want."

"Why would it get weird?" She asked. "You guys were kids when you kissed. You were just curious."

"I know it's just... just don't tell." i said. "It's embarrassing."

She nodded. "Did Kyuhyun ruin boys for you? Was he a bad kisser?"

No your boyfriend ruined guys for me. He ruined love for me.

I shook my head. "I just figured there are things out there other than guys that can make me happy." I leaned in and hugged her arm. "Like friends....and food.....and ice cream."

"I just don't want you to be alone." Yuri rubbed my arm. "If you opened yourself up to other..."

"I have Momo." i answered. "And don't worry about me Yuri. I can take care of myself."

She smiled and handed me my clothes. "If you say so Yoona. Now hurry up and go try these on."

I grunted as i was pushed into a changing room. "So how are you and Minwoo doing?" i asked as i started to change into a shirt.

"Why, what have you heard?" She giggled from the dressing room next to me. "Hey did i give you a purple shirt?"

"Yeah." I tossed the shirt over. "Nothing, i guess Jiyeon was just worried that you guys were fighting or something."

"How sweet of her, but everything is perfect." She answered. "No, not this one, the other purple shirt." she tossed back the one i gave her and i tossed her the shirt she wanted in the first place. "What did she say?"

"I guess since Minwoo is busy with work, she thought that you would think he's ignoring you." I put on the shirt and shorts she picked out for me and stared at myself in the mirror.

"Yeah, he explained to me that sometimes he can get really busy." I said. "But he calls and texts me as much as he can."

"Well i guess you should have a talk with Jiyeon and tell her that, because she really sounded worried." i was now trying on a dress. "Whoa, this dress is short."

"It is not short, it's perfect. You need to show off those legs of yours." she screamed at me. "And i think Jiyeon is more worried that if Minwoo and i break up then she won't get to see you anymore. You know she's jealous of Seohyun."

I slid into the dress. "Why?" I looked at myself. "This is too short."

"Yah, stop complaining and take a picture so i can see it." She yelled. "Anyways when i was talking to her she said that she felt jealous of the affection you show towards Seohyun."

"Seohyun's my baby." I took out my phone and took a quick picture. I frowned at it but put the phone back in my bag. "Of course i'm going to care for her, but it's not a reason for her to be jealous of her."

"That's what i told her." Yuri sighed. "Here, try that shirt on." She tossed me a white v-neck shirt. "But she says that you care for Seohyun more than you care for her."

"Jiyeon has always been the jealous type." i sighed. "Even when she was a baby, she hated it when her playmate would touch her toy."

"Well it looks like your her toy and she doesn't want Seohyun to touch." Yuri joked. "Yah, hand me those shorts."

 

 

Fei, Changmin, Kyuhyun, and i were waiting for Eunhyuk to finish talking to the dance teacher so we could all head to have some coffee. I leaned on the brick wall while Changmin and Kyuhyun played with a hacky-sack. Fei was on her phone calling her boss from work to check her schedule that was suppose to change.

"What's taking him so long?" Changmin complained while kicking back the hacky-sack to Kyuhyun. "He said it would be quick."

"He is the T.A." Kyuhyun pointed out. "He's probably being handed the lesson plan or something. Is there a lesson plan in dance class? Or do you guys just goof around and dance."

"For you information there is a lesson plan in dance class, and we don't just goof around." Eunhyuk said walking towards us. "We do different kinds of dance styles so that when we go out to audition we can do whatever style they want."

"So what did the teacher want?" I asked pushing myself off the wall.

"Someone sound grumpy." Fei giggled as she put her arm around me. I quickly shook my head.

"She's just like that because she's hungry." Kyuhyun explained. "We should get going before she starts kicking people."

"I wasn't kicking people." I pouted as we started walking away. Changmin and Kyuhyun started kicking the air.

"Yah, stop teasing Yoona." Fei hugged me closer, but silently giggled at them. "So Eunhyuk what did the teacher want to talk to you about?"

"Huh?" Eunhyuk's mind seemed to be else where. "Oh, he just handed me a couple of mixes, and a lesson plan. He needs help choosing the music, so he asked me to pick out my favorites and then e-mail him."

"You sound so important." Fei smiled.

"I am." Eunhyuk said proudly as he opened the door for the rest of us. "Being the T.A. is hard work."

"Why don't you guys get a table while the three of us order." Kyuhyun suggested. "That way we don't have to be like retards looking for a place after we get our drinks."

"I hate that." Changmin commented.

"Ok, well i would like a vanilla cappuccino." Fei said with a small glance at the menu.

"And i want..."

"A caramel frappacino." Changmin finished for me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I could have asked for something else."

"Are you?" he asked narrowing his eyes back at me.

I looked away and crossed my arms. ".......No......." I linked arms with Fei. "Come on unnie let's go get a table."

"The guys seem to know you really well." Fei said once we found a table, we grabbed an extra chair from a table close by and dragged it to our table.

"Well we've known each other since we started school." i said.

"Did any of your boyfriends ever think it was weird that you were best friends with boys? I know Eunhyuk seems to like them." She smiled.

"Eunhyuk?" i asked confused. "He's not my boyfriend. I've never had a boyfriend."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I don't believe you. You're naturally pretty, smart, an incredible dancer, and you've got the appetite of a trucker."

"Yes, my appetite is something i take pride in." I laughed. "I just don't date... or rather i don't fall in love. It's just not something i want to get involved in."

"Why?" She asked propping her elbows on the table and resting her chin on her hands. "Love is..."

"Yeah, yeah it's beautiful." I sighed. "I know that but... i'm just not interested in being vulnerable. I don't want to give the opportunity for someone to hurt me aga..." I stopped before the word 'again' slipped my mouth.

"But how can you stand being friends with Changmin, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk and not be attracted to them?" She asked.

I smiled. "They're my friends."

"But you can't deny the fact that they're..." she slightly blushed. "I mean haven't you ever thought about them in a sort of romantic way?"

I thought for a while. "Maybe when i was younger..." before Minwoo happened. "But i was super young and i had just seen my mother get married."

"What made you change your mind?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I don't know." I lied.

"So you have no feelings what so ever in any of those guys over there." she asked again.

I shook my head. "Why? Do you still like them in more than a friend kind of way?" i asked. She shyly nodded. "Which one?"

"Kyuhyun. He's been really kind lately. He walks me to class sometimes, and waits for me so we can walk to lunch together." She answered. "But please don't tell him. I don't want him to act weird around me again and think that i'll start stalking him again."

I laughed. "Don't worry i won't tell." For some reason i felt something in the pit of my stomach but it went away when a caramel frappacino was placed in front of me.

"What were you girls talking about?" Eunhyuk asked taking the seat on the other side of me.

"Nothing that concerns you guys." I stuck out my tounge at them. Changmin childishly mimicked me.

"So how are things with Taeyeon." Eunhyuk asked.

"Better." i answered sticking the straw in my mouth. "She's keeping busy by working, cleaning the house, helping Sunny bake things for Sungmin. She won't talk to us about Leeteuk oppa but i guess it's better than her locking herself in her room and crying all day. What about Leeteuk oppa? I haven't talked to him in a while. How is he?"

"He's better too." He answered. "Well when i see him he always has a smile on his face and he's making jokes."

I shook my head. "Then i guess he's not doing so good either." I said.

"How do you know?" he asked.

"I've known Leeteuk all my life." i said. "Whenever something was wrong he would put on his best face in front of people, but silently sneak off alone. I followed him once and discovered him crying behind some bushes." i sighed as i remembered that day. "I was little at the time so i didn't know what to do, so i brought him some warm milk. It was the one thing that always brought me happiness and i thought it would work for him too. He just smiled at me and drank the milk. Since then i always looked for the signs of him hiding behind a smile. I've become an expert on being able to tell when his smiles are fake and when they are real."

"Well, he's been visiting his parents a lot, and going out with his sister." Eunhyuk added. "I guess he's surrounding himself with family."

"Why don't they just get back together?" Fei asked. "It's clear that they love each other." We all nodded, but we didn't tell Fei about Wooyoung, so she wasn't aware of the whole situation with them. He phone suddenly rang. "I've got to take this, excuse me." She got up from her seat and walked away.

"She's been on that phone a lot lately." Eunhyuk sipped his coffee.

"She probably hiring stalkers since she's not good at it." Changmin commented.

"Changmin." I scolded.

"What?" he frowned. "I told you i don't trust her, and her being on her phone a lot looks suspicious."

"Sorry, it was my mom." she bowed. "I have to get going."

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" Eunhyuk asked. "I have to get to my friend Jay's studio and drop off a couple of things."

"No, my mother isn't found of boys with motorcycles. But thanks for the offer." She smiled.

"No problem." Eunhyuk nodded.

"Bye." She bowed and walked out the cafe.

Eunhyuk stretched his arms out and finished the last of his coffee. "I guess i should head out too. I have a lot of music to review, a lesson plan to go over, and a roommate to harass. See you guys later."

"Bye." We waved at him as he walked out.

"Has Taeyeon seen Wooyoung?" Kyuhyun asked. I nodded.

"Sometimes he comes over when Tiffany is at work and Taeyeon is home." I sighed. "Taeyeon says that they're just talking and being friendly, but i'm worried that Wooyoung has other intentions."

"Dose Tiffany know?" Changmin asked. I nodded. "Does Taeyeon or Wooyoung tell her?"

"They both do." i answered. "I mean not at the same time, but they don't hide it from her. Tiffany is just glad that Taeyeon and him aren't as awkward anymore." I sipped my coffee. "If Wooyoung hurts either one of my unnies i swear i'm going to strangle him. I remember what a mess Taeyeon was when he left...she wouldn't speak for weeks."

"Taeyeon is stronger now." Changmin patted my back. "I'm sure everything will be alright."

"Yeah." Kyuhyun added. "She's just confused right now, but from what i see, her and Leeteuk hyung are meant to be together. If she didn't love him then she wouldn't have been that heartbroken when they broke up."

"But she was the one who decided to break up." Changmin pointed out.

"They didn't break up. They're just taking a break." i said and decided to put it in terms that they might understand. "It's like a video game and their relationship is on pause. It's not game over yet."

Leeteuk oppa and Taeyeon unnie are the 'it' couple, as Sooyoung put it. They are perfect for each other. Taeyeon will push play sooner or later.... i hope.