#the most screwed up blind date

If Only

 

 

 

Whatever good cheer Seungri had been racking up for the past week had miraculously disappeared with one simple meeting with Chaerin at the mall. He wanted to just call the whole dinner off but knowing Jiyong, he would never hear the end of it. His blond friend would want to know why, how, what happened and a host of other words starting with ‘w’ that can end with a question mark. And where the hell he gets the idea to face the angry dragon just now? That guy should have been an interrogator instead of as a businessman. Being a businessman, Seungri reflected, it was like being an interrogator.

 

So, at 6.30pm, Seungri found himself dragging his unwilling into his car, carrying a cheap bottle wine he knew his friend was going to hate and driving to Jiyong's extravagant mansion approximately half and hour away. He drive through the imposing gates and parked his late model car next to Jiyong's Bentley. He was met at the door by Jiyong’s loyal servants. He was shown to the kitchen, where once a week, the assholë Jiyong, does his own killing, uhm, cooking.

 

Seungri meant edible cooking. How that equation formed Seungri had no idea. He couldn't cook even if it meant saving his own life. The friendly neighbourhood pizza delivery service were his life savers.

 

Dinner at his friend's house were usually a minimalist affair, despite the troop of servants that hovered worriedly in their 'master's' wake, as they lovingly tagged him. The blond prepared the food while Seungri and Jiyong’s sister, Bom noona cleaned up after dinner. But his loyal servants would not believe that their Master Jiyong was able to prepare a full course dinner without burning the kitchen or poisoning the guests. Jiyong had done his best to squelch his frustration at his servants, whom he loved as much as his family, but when they rushed into the dining room dialing the ambulance and carrying a first aid kit when Seungri had faked a faint after taking a bite of Jiyong’s food, the blond had turned an alarming shade of red.

 

Seungri was ceremoniously kicked out of the house by his friend and was treated to a lighter version of the cold war for the next week or so. It had taken an enormous amount of wheedling and Bom noona's help to get the blond to speak to him again. Then the servants had the photographer for making their beloved Master Jiyong angry with them and they had poisoned his food with laxatives. Seungri got really acquainted with his bathroom for the next few days.

 

"Ji, I don't think I'm going to like this girl," Seungri announced, helping his friend toss the salad. It was a ritual that he came early to help his friend cook, just to ease the minds of the servants.

 

"You should give it a chance," Jiyong said, stirring at a pot of something. His perceptive brown eyes studied Seungri with concern. There was something off with his friend tonight. The smile and the light heartedness were there, but it was not completely genuine, or as genuine as it could be with Seungri. Tonight, it seemed more faked, more forced than usual.

 

Seungri shuddered staring at the steaming pot, unsure of whether to run or pick up a bottle of charcoal pills. His friend loved to experiment with food. While they were at most times edible, the palate took quite a beating with the spices used. Still, they all indulged the blond. He was the epitome of wide eyed innocence with fine blond white hair and glorious brown eyes that when wielded properly, could cause steel to bend itself from guilt.

 

Besides, disappointed Jiyong equals upset Bom noona equals run for your freaking life.

 

"… Bom noona's best friend," Jiyong chattered, his mind still 100% on the steaming pot of hell, uh food.

 

"Sorry?" Seungri asked. "I wasn't paying too much attention a while ago." He set the spoons he was using for the salad aside and picked up his soda, sipping it lightly.

 

Jiyong sighed at his friend's inattentiveness. This was something new. Usually Seungri would hang onto his every word and then some. "I said, the girl who's coming tonight is Bom noona's best friend."

 

"Oh."

 

The blond businessman felt his jaw hanging open. "Oh, is that all you are going to say? Oh?"

 

Seungri tilted his head with a smile. "What do you want me to say Ji?" He put down his can of soda, clasped his hand dramatically and simpered like a girl. "Oh, wow, Ji, is she like so cute? Tell me, tell me, tell…" He trailed off, realising a little too late he may have taken it a little too far. "Sorry," he said, contritely, hiding behind his soda again.

 

"Can't you see I want you to be happy?" Jiyong asked his exasperating friend, hands firmly plunked on slim hips.

 

Seungri finally managed an honest, sincere smile. "Yes, Ji, I can, and for that I'm thankful. I just don't like your methods. They are underhanded and creepy."

 

"Creepy?" Jiyong frowned.

 

The photographer shuddered dramatically. "Hey, Girl #11 was pretty creepy. All she wanted to talk about was porcelain dolls."

 

Jiyong laughed. "Girl #11? Don't you even know their names?"

 

Seungri shrugged. "It's not like I'm going to meet them again. Why bother?"

 

"Seungri," Jiyong began a little uncertainly. "Why are you doing this to yourself?"

 

"Doing what?" Seungri was truly confused.

 

"Punishing yourself," Jiyong clarified sadly.

 

Seungri flinched as if he was being slapped. "Your pot of something's burning, Ji," he motioned to the bubbling pot, changing the subject.

 

Jiyong squeaked, his attention focused on their dinner once more. When he was sure they didn't need to call take out, or at least his cooks to come and kept them fed, he turned to Seungri once more, who immediately busied himself with gathering plates and cutlery to set the kitchen table. The blond sighed, taking that as a signal that the conversation was over.

 

Suddenly Bom noona walked into the kitchen, sniffing at the air. "Hmm, smells…." she d for a proper descriptive that won't ensure she had to eat the whole pot herself if it turned out… not so successful. "Interesting," she finished lamely, walking over to her brother before turning to Seungri. "What did he put inside this time?" she whispered as she passed him.

 

Seungri shook his head. "Didn't see, don't really want to know," he stage whispered back. "Won't kill us I think, getting injured, possibly."

 

"Noona! Lee SeungHyun!" Jiyong pouted at the cheeky two. "Is she here yet?" He flicked his eyes towards Seungri and back again.

 

Bom nodded. "She's in the living room, fuming a little. Apparently, she wanted to bring a date tonight," she stopped, sparing Seungri a look when she noticed the photographer flashing her smile that said 'I told you this wouldn't work, so stop now, you interfering idiots'.

 

"How could she be so insensitive?" Jiyong raged, feeling affronted on Seungri's behalf, since his friend was too delighted to be affronted.

 

Seungri smiled brightly. "Hey you know what Bom noona, I like her already. Introduce me to her; I'll think we will get along just fine."

 

Bom noona quirked a smile and hurried to calm down his fuming brother. "Dear brother, she's been under a lot of stress lately. This guy that she's been going after has driving her out of her mind. But she don’t have guts to ask him out, and she doesn't need you to lay on the guilt trip," she warned.

 

Seungri, only half listening as he set the table wondered why it seemed so familiar.

 

"Well," Jiyong said, reluctantly. "She should have at least told us about her plans. I mean, I did get her a date tonight, you know."

 

"Your friend sounds like she has problems, noona," Seungri joined in.

 

Bom noona sighed. "You don't know the half of it. She don’t know how to break the engagement without her father lopping of his head."

 

"She's engaged?" Seungri guessed and at Bom noona's nod, he laughed. Girl #14 absolutely takes the cake in terms of being the most screwed up blind date the siblings could set him up with. He picked up his soda, taking a long swallow.

 

 

 

good to be here again...miss u gys so much..

how's the chapter? quite long is it? as usual..ur comment is valuable^^