Goodbye

If Only

 

 

 

Remember, in your drawer
Remember, in your wallet
The traces that I left behind
Remember every moment

 

Remember me, in that photo
In that space that remained
So my scent and my breath won’t disappear

 

Don’t let me go
Like the spring days and the wind that passed by
Like the scent that passed by
Like those day

Can you save me?


Save me.

 

I think of each memory that I should forget

I want you back in my arms

 

Don’t let me go

Please don’t erase a single bit of me

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are you going to go?" Daesung asked, watching Seungri pack his bags. He had accepted the fact his little brother was going let himself to die. He didn't like it, but since kicking Seungri's wasn't an option, there was little he could actually do.

 

Seungri smile, burying all his hurt and his pain. He decided to make the most of whatever time he had left, which according to the doctor he only have between two to four years depending on the progression of his disease. He stared at the small card that came by mail last week. True to his word, Mr. Ice King had indeed posted the wedding invitation card to him. It had been too much for him to take. He had sold his business, then purchase a nice little property for his final resting place and put it in Dara noona and Daesung's care, telling them it was for 'when the time came'. Seungri also give most of his savings to orphanages and other charities.

 

"What use if I have money?" He explained to a sobbing Dara noona and a stony faced Daesung.

 

Now he was off to places unknown. He didn't want to stay where he would probably bump into Chaerin or Kwon siblings or anyone else. He had enough of hurting the people he cared most about.

 

"I don't know," Seungri answer Daesung's earlier question. "I'm just going to where things take me. Don't worry, I'll keep in touch."

 

Daesung could only stare as his brother walked out of his life, probably forever.

 

For weeks after, Dara was almost inconsolable. As a doctor herself, she couldn't understand why someone wouldn't grab onto life. Daesung had received postcard and emails from Seungri, telling them he was off in this country or the other. He seemed to be having a time of his life but Daesung knew better. He couldn't do anything about it and was glad when Chaerin and TOP’s wedding announce, Seungri wasn't here to hear about it. He know it would have shattered the already fractured man. Seungri already cut two of the most important people in his life, he just didn't need to know.

 

Eight months after Chaerin wedding, Daesung got a rather rude visit from Kwon Jiyong. He had just come back from jogging when find Kwon Jiyong standing outside his apartment with a box in his hands.

 

"This all Seungri's things," Kwon Jiyong say bitterly.

 

That had been the last straw. That was the first time in years Daesung nearly return to being the leader of the Clan. If Dara noona had not drop by his apartment, Kwon Jiyong probably ended up in the city morgue and himself in the prison. But, the red hair man only had bruises. Daesung had tell Kwon Jiyong a true story and the man has turn tearful.

 

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?" Jiyong accused after several failed attempts of finding out Seungri's exact whereabouts.

 

Daesung kept silent but Dara noona speak for both of them. "It was his… final wish," she choked on the last word. "I'm not going to keep a promise I made to him."

 

Then Daesung had kick Kwon Jiyong out from his place, disgusted how easily he believed a poor liar like Seungri.

 

Communication with Seungri continued. postcard, emails, phone calls keep coming, but Daesung could see his little brother's health failing. Everything got shorter and although the devil was still there, it seemed muted somehow. Many times Daesung and Dara asked Seungri to come back and let them take care the sick man, but damn Seungri's independent attitude, refused to be a burden to anyone.

 

Then one day, long after the Kwon Jiyong episode, Lee Chaerin has showed up at Daesung’s apartment.