back pain

If Only

 

 

 

 

 

"When are you going to see doctor about this?" Chaerin was pissed, her tone harsh with concern.

 

Seungri was curled up on his side, the covers and gritting his teeth in pain. The back pain was getting worse. He had put off going to the doctors for some time now but if it got any worse, he know Chaerin wouldn’t hesitate to drag him to hospital or call the ambulance if he not willing to go. So far he had go to physiotherapy and it didn't able to heal his slip disc. At least he thought it was a slip disc because it freaking hurt like one.

 

"I'm fine," Seungri groaned as the pain slowly faded. It came and go like waves. Once it was over, he feel fine. It was when the pain came that was the problem. He felt his back was being split into two. Sometimes it got so bad, sleeping was problem. "See? All better." He smile at Chaerin who continue to look worried.

 

"What did the physiotherapy say?" Chaerin massage her boyfriend's back, draw out small sounds of pleasure from the man beneath her fingers.

 

"That too much of night ‘activities’ makes the mind go fuzzy," Seungri muttered into the pillow and was whacked lightly on the back of the head.

 

"I'm serious, Seungri."

 

Seungri smile over his girlfriend concern. "We working on slip disc. It should help in a few more sessions." he hid his own look of concern. His physiotherapy had warned him that it may be more than a slip disc but he didn't want Chaerin to worry. She had enough to handle.

 

Over the past few months, they had made their relationship as public as possible, attending business functions, charity dinners together. Chaerin also done two things, one, she made a press conference to announce the cancellation of her engagement with TOP and two, sent his ex-fiancée a thank you note along with a huge basket of fresh fruit. Seungri had congratulate his girlfriend for her 'insult with taste' touch.

 

Business has gone very slow for Seungri and he knew Mr. Ice King is behind it but there was nothing he could do about it. Now all he could say was 'Thank God for protective friend he had’. Kwon Jiyong has turn completely into an angry dragon and even can breathe fire when he know about this, but after a few calls Seungri was back in business.

 

Seungri can imagine Mr. Ice King’s frustrated face and the scream that echoed all over his office, because his friend Mr. Kwong Jiyong is more influential. He had wondered idly how to thank his friend.

 

Now they are worry about Chaerin's father. That man scared the freaking hell out of Seungri. So far, Chaerin’s father had been indulgent to let his only daughter carry on whatever she wished, but sooner or later things would come to a head.

 

"You not lying to me are you?" Chaerin pressed.

 

Seungri put on a look of mock hurt. "I may run, I may hide, but…"

 

"You never lie…" Chaerin finish by shaking her head. "But you never said anything about not telling the truth."

 

"We’re not in court, Chaerin," Seungri smile. "I promise, if there's anything wrong with my back, I'll tell you."

 

The next day Seungri decide to go to the physiotherapy appointment and left his assistant IU in charge. The physiotherapy session was good. He lie on the bed while the physiotherapy did his magic on his back. After that he got dressed and sit inside the office to discuss about his back pain.

 

"Okay," Seungri smile to cover up the sudden pang of fear that assailed him. He didn't like that look on the physiotherapist’s face. That look did weird things to his heart. "Spill it."

 

"Mr. Lee…"

 

"Please call me Seungri."

 

The physiotherapist man smile. "Seungri, then. We had done this for how long now? A month?"

 

Seungri nod.

 

"You back muscles haven't loosen all this time, so I don't really think it is a back problem." The physiotherapy said and his face had the expression when someone wanted to deliver bad news.

 

"And?" Seungri ask.

 

"I think you should see doctor about this."

 

Doctor, he meant specialist. Seungri feel his heart beat speeding up. "What do you think it is?"

 

"I’m in no position to…" the physiotherapist trailed off seeing the look on Seungri’s face. "I suggest a couple of test."

 

"Cancer?"

 

"I'm not a specialist."

 

"But you mean cancer." Seungri head was spinning. This can't be happening, not now, he can't have cancer now. Not when everything was going so well.

 

The physiotherapist avoid Seungri’s eyes and write down something on paper. "This is a personal friend and a good doctor."

 

Seungri was out with his mind still blur and clutching at that little piece of paper. He manage to get back his studio without hitting anything or getting hit and flopped into a chair. He stare at the paper with a sinking heart.

 

Cancer, he can’t have cancer. He just too young. Everything was going on perfectly in his life now.

 

Seungri crush the small piece of paper and tossed it into the waste basket.

 

Afternoon has come and Seungri was still lost in thought. It couldn't be anything really serious. After all he had been having problems with his back for ages and they were never serious. It was probably nothing; maybe the physiotherapist just wanted him to take precaution. It was probably nothing. Probably nothing.